Video Chat

Couple of questions:

Can you pick a time for you 2 pre selected rides (based on availability of course)? I have read conflicting answers on that.
You can choose the DAS Advance Selections and times that are available at the time you are making them. I’ve seen a couple of reports where people said the CM told them there were a limited number of slots available per day to try to spread out the DAS Return Times.

I have also read that you can only get a pass for a ride once. Is that true with DAS? If I purchase Genie+ as well can a pass be held for the same ride under both DAS and Genie+. For example my daughter LOVES the safari ride in AK. Can we ride once by standby at open, once with DAS and once with Genie+. Seems odd to do it so many times, but she loves it. We did it 5 times once in a day!
DAS Return Times and Genie+ are completely separate things. They can be used together in the way you are describing.
Guests can also obtain a DAS Return Time more than once on the same attraction. Depending on the posted wait time in the Standby line, the DAS Return Time might be a long time in the future.

Grateful to read all of these comments because they prepared us for the wait times. Thankfully, we only waited a bit less then 3 hours from start to finish today. One positive for us is that since we are doing a short trip with only one park day, the Live Chat CM was able to do our planning, too. She was so kind to my daughter, it brought Disney magic tears to my eyes. Can't wait for our trip!

Update: It took about 4.5 hours start to finish today.. 330pm to 8pm eastern timezone.

Okay trying to figure out if I even have this started correctly. Accepted terms and conditions, went to the chat screen. In chat...
Thanks for requesting video chat. Please click the start button to continue.

Sent start....but you can`t click start?

Info...long message starting with Thank you for contacting us to pre register; end of message starts with If you joined this chat using incognito or private browser....

So my question is..Am I even in a queue, have seen people say they have something about it saying connected. I am on a laptop using chrome.

Last edited:

Okay trying to figure out if I even have this started correctly. Accepted terms and conditions, went to the chat screen. In chat...
Thanks for requesting video chat. Please click the start button to continue.

Sent start....but you can`t click start?

Info...long message starting with Thank you for contacting us to pre register; end of message starts with If you joined this chat using incognito or private browser....

So my question is..Am I even in a queue, have seen people say they have something about it saying connected. I am on a laptop using chrome.
Yes, you're in the queue. I sent a little message just to be sure. My wait from that point was about 2 hours until I got a person.

Yes, you're in the queue. I sent a little message just to be sure. My wait from that point was about 2 hours until I got a person.
Thank you for confirming. Appreciate setting my mind at ease. Husband says there is no way he is getting up before 4am to do this, hate the fact being on the west coast is a disadvantage.

just a YMMV
arrived Oct 24, went to EPCOT guest relations to renew DAS. no questions no issues.
asked if I would still have to do the Video Chat for my Nov 21 resort stay since I have an approved DAS was told yes.

I should be able to call starting on Oct 30 to get all my days. was told program started Nov 1 and would have to wait till then to call and do everything. Sure hope since I am fairly local I don't have to go through the video chat for each future stay within my 60 days. It will be interesting to see how this new advance system works for locals.

sounds like the DAS training was minimal at best for the in park guest services as the CM was unable to answer any of my questions beyond the program starts Nov 1 and to call then. As this is a new service we shall see how things go on Oct 30.

The DAS selection showed up on MDE. i didn't use it yet as we were just going to dinner so tomorrow will be the test.

Hello all. So I finally got through and got approval for the DAS and my daughters pic. Then she told me that I’ll go back to make my reservations. Got sent back and waited and waited. Then I got disconnected. What do I do now?

Hello all. So I finally got through and got approval for the DAS and my daughters pic. Then she told me that I’ll go back to make my reservations. Got sent back and waited and waited. Then I got disconnected. What do I do now?

look up thread. Someone posted a link that takes you to the planning portion of online DAS.

look up thread. Someone posted a link that takes you to the planning portion of online DAS.
I also posted a link in the first post of this thread
Summary of New DAS Changes

That first post has been updated every few days as information changes or helpful things come out. It’s a little messy since I haven’t had time to make it concise, but the information is there.

I have had a DAS pass before, my last trip being in September, but my DAS is expired now.

Is the conversation with the live chat person still essentially the same as previous in person conversations? Do I need to be prepared with physician notes or anything? It sounds like the wait times are really long to get on the chat, so I don't want to be unprepared.

I have had a DAS pass before, my last trip being in September, but my DAS is expired now.

Is the conversation with the live chat person still essentially the same as previous in person conversations? Do I need to be prepared with physician notes or anything? It sounds like the wait times are really long to get on the chat, so I don't want to be unprepared.
You don’t need a physician note or any proof.

Reports I’ve seen have said to be ready to discuss what issues you have that prevent waiting in the regular line (how your disability makes waiting in line difficult, not what the specific disability is).

I was given three time options for each ride that I chose. Keep in mind where the ride is located in the park when you are choosing your times. I was able to get splash Mountain at 10 o’clock and big thunder mountain at 11 o’clock.
In this case I was wondering if you could get them for the same hour. It seems like you could easily do both of these rides back to back within the 1 hour time frame even with a bathroom break. Perahps they can't do that though.

In this case I was wondering if you could get them for the same hour. It seems like you could easily do both of these rides back to back within the 1 hour time frame even with a bathroom break. Perahps they can't do that though.
On 2 separate days, I made DAS Advanced reservations for the exact same time. I was careful to understand the locations of the attractions.

I have a couple of questions before I try the video chat for my upcoming trip.

When you sign on to do the video chat does it give you an estimated wait time? Is there an update for wait time?

I am less than 30 days out from the start of my trip, but not 30 days out from the last day I have park reservations. If I were to call today I would only be able to get DAS Advanced Reservation for part of my trip. From my understanding I will have to call back to get the rest of my DAS Advanced Reservation at the 30 day mark for the rest of the days? Is the wait the same as the initial DAS video chat or is that a different chat with less wait time?

TIA!

I have a couple of questions before I try the video chat for my upcoming trip.

When you sign on to do the video chat does it give you an estimated wait time? Is there an update for wait time?

I am less than 30 days out from the start of my trip, but not 30 days out from the last day I have park reservations. If I were to call today I would only be able to get DAS Advanced Reservation for part of my trip. From my understanding I will have to call back to get the rest of my DAS Advanced Reservation at the 30 day mark for the rest of the days? Is the wait the same as the initial DAS video chat or is that a different chat with less wait time?

TIA!

They may tell you a wait time in the chat but no clock or anything.

Also while you're waiting there is no indication that anyone is there. Do not assume you have been cut off. I l did not see anything for 2 hours until suddenly the CM just popped back on.

There is a button towards the top and when you click on it you get a end conversation button. I always assume that as long as I could see the option to end the chat that I was still in the chat. I occasionally would type in a 'typing to keep window open' message

I waited till my last day was eligible to get a chat. It just seemed like an easier path. The first time I did it I tried on a random weekday and quit waiting after 3-4 hours for just the video component. The second time I logged on at 7am eastern on a Sunday Morning and spent about 6 hours total between getting the form, having the video chat, and planning with waits between all of those.

I say pick your times wisely.

I also want to mention that it’s the DAS holder +5 people. We are a party of seven so one person might have to sit out each ride.
I thought I had read that with the previous DAS system you could sometimes get extensions on the # of people? Am I remembering that right? I'm going to be a party of 9 - my family of 5, my MIL and my BIL,SIL and niece. Will I be out of luck in having everyone on the DAS? if I go in person to GS when we get there, is there a chance of having all 9? This is only my 2nd time at WDW and my first time needing a DAS.

They may tell you a wait time in the chat but no clock or anything.

Also while you're waiting there is no indication that anyone is there. Do not assume you have been cut off. I l did not see anything for 2 hours until suddenly the CM just popped back on.

There is a button towards the top and when you click on it you get a end conversation button. I always assume that as long as I could see the option to end the chat that I was still in the chat. I occasionally would type in a 'typing to keep window open' message

I waited till my last day was eligible to get a chat. It just seemed like an easier path. The first time I did it I tried on a random weekday and quit waiting after 3-4 hours for just the video component. The second time I logged on at 7am eastern on a Sunday Morning and spent about 6 hours total between getting the form, having the video chat, and planning with waits between all of those.

I say pick your times wisely.
Thank you! The DAS pass will be for my son who doesn’t get home from school until after 3. Since he has to be present that leaves only weekends, but even that would be difficult if the wait is 6 hours or so. I am wondering if I should try to sign in at 1 in the afternoon if the wait is so long and about time a CM come on he will be home from school to be there for the video chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter