Video Chat

Last night at 8:15 I decided to try get my advanced selections fixed and got on after about 20 mins to chat with Zyra. The past few times I was waiting for about an hour when I just gave up. She was able to move my arrival day A$s 🤭 down to later on our arrival day which made me so happy. Also, for some reason one of my A$s is not showing my whole party but she confirmed they are all there. It’s shocking that the app is glitchy and not showing everyone 🙄. I know some had reported having to go thru the whole process of video chat again to change their A$s, I did not all I had to do was fill out the form again with my trip information. Good luck to all those trying today!
Did you use the other chat link? When I made our selections on Saturday with Carissa via video she said I could just jump back on the chat to make any changes if necessary (without needing the video again). Yesterday I wanted to make a change so I joined the chat. Xada came on after an hour & said I would have to wait for the video chat again or use the other chat to make changes. I tried both on different devices & never got connected to either.

Last night at 8:15 I decided to try get my advanced selections fixed and got on after about 20 mins to chat with Zyra. The past few times I was waiting for about an hour when I just gave up. She was able to move my arrival day A$s 🤭 down to later on our arrival day which made me so happy. Also, for some reason one of my A$s is not showing my whole party but she confirmed they are all there. It’s shocking that the app is glitchy and not showing everyone 🙄. I know some had reported having to go thru the whole process of video chat again to change their A$s, I did not all I had to do was fill out the form again with my trip information. Good luck to all those trying today!

What is A$s?

I think the OP meant DAS Advance Selections.
I am trying to use the entire name, not abbreviations. People are already pretty confused and I’ve typed it enough times that my iPad autocorrect already knows and suggests the whole phrase.

I wish Disney had come up with better names for all of the new Fastpass replacement stuff, it is very confusing.

Kind of weird that they themed the Annual Passes, which imho makes it more confusing than Silver, Gold, Platinum and then did not really theme the new Fastpass replacements (except with Genie and Lightning - but not in a way that makes sense) - which also makes it very confusing.

I almost wonder if they could have simplified it by doing something like

Disney Genie - Helps you Plan your Day

Lightning Lane - the old Fastpass queue
Lightning Pass - What we used to call a Fastpass
Lightning+ - (Genie+) Gives you access to 40 rides using the Lightning Lane
DAS Lightning - What we currently know as DAS Advanced Selection
Lightning Premium (or Premier Access) - What we currently know as Individual Lightning Lane Selection

For fun you could go with a Cars theme and call Genie+ the Piston Cup Collection or something like that.

Or go back to labeling the rides based on the type of ticket they require :) The ILL$ rides could be E-Tickets again.

Did you use the other chat link? When I made our selections on Saturday with Carissa via video she said I could just jump back on the chat to make any changes if necessary (without needing the video again). Yesterday I wanted to make a change so I joined the chat. Xada came on after an hour & said I would have to wait for the video chat again or use the other chat to make changes. I tried both on different devices & never got connected to either.

I am pretty sure I used the other Chat, I had the start chat box on the website when it loaded not video chat. I was using safari on my iPhone. Wanted to add When I filled out the form and went back I didn’t see my chat right away it ended up being a blue box on the side of my screen that I could tap on and bring it back to a full chat box. Nearly lost my mind when I thought it had disconnected me. I was so relieved when I noticed that big blue rectangle on the side of my screen.

The actual moderators don’t seem to have a problem with it.
Hey, let some of us have our immature fun by giggling at phrases like "I can see my A$s but my family can't see my A$s!"

Which is odd because they gave me points for something very, very similar.

To everyone trying to video chat for DAS - I hope Disney gets A$s figured out soon, as it seems this system is not beneficial for the very reason most guests require DAS in the first place.

Can’t wait to hear how this goes today! I don’t see anything in the App about booking same day DAS but I wonder if you have it be in the park for that option to show up? Hopefully we’ll get some reports soon.

With regards to the acronym... I think we are all kind of trying to figure out new acronyms for all the new DAS and Genie-related options. At this point, SueM and I have both been typing out DAS Advanced Selections. I know others preferred a shortened acronym -- which I guess would probably be AS (for Advanced Selections) but when paired with DAS that gets confusing as well as the fact that acronym is used for a couple of resorts already. But the dollar symbol doesn't really fit the DAS Advanced Selections because it implies a paid option, and nothing related to DAS is a paid option. So my preference is to avoid using the dollar sign. with regards to anything DAS.

Hooray - the last screen shot shows a DAS return time for SDMT!

I know there was some concern that the ILLA$ (or whatever that acronym is) attractions wouldn’t be available for DAS, since they weren’t available for DAS Advance Selection, but evidently that’s not true!

Yeah ILL$ rides, except for Virtual Queue ones like Remy's will definitely allow DAS Return times. If it has a standby queue, you can get a return time.

Not good to hear so far though that DAS Return Times via MDE are not working so well - hopefully that gets fixed asap.

Hooray - the last screen shot shows a DAS return time for SDMT!

I know there was some concern that the ILLA$ (or whatever that acronym is) attractions wouldn’t be available for DAS, since they weren’t available for DAS Advance Selection, but evidently that’s not true!
Yes, this was confirmed last week. Any attraction with a posted standby wait time is eligible for a DAS Return Time. So that does include all Individual paid Lightning Lane attractions with the exception of Remy, which requires everyone to join the virtual queue or purchase a boarding group. (I have heard it is easy to get a Remy boarding group at 1pm though you need an EPCOT park reservation and already have tapped in some point earlier.)

This was clarified that .... people who already had a DAS that was to be valid for 60 days are finding it gone with the new system. They are having to reapply at GR. This is not the new way that was done "in advance" - this is people who are local or returning for a trip in less than 60 days thinking they still had a valid DAS.

This was clarified that .... people who already had a DAS that was to be valid for 60 days are finding it gone with the new system. They are having to reapply at GR. This is not the new way that was done "in advance" - this is people who are local or returning for a trip in less than 60 days thinking they still had a valid DAS.
Do you know if that is true for DAS which may have just been obtained this weekend or yesterday? Maybe just those that were approved a few weeks ago. Or is it all DAS obtained before today? I would hope if someone just obtained a DAS in the past few days they would have been informed if it would be necessary to re-register today.

Do you know if that is true for DAS which may have just been obtained this weekend or yesterday? Maybe just those that were approved a few weeks ago. Or is it all DAS obtained before today? I would hope if someone just obtained a DAS in the past few days they would have been informed if it would be necessary to re-register today.

She is local and I think talking to other locals who had gone to park to test it out as far as booking on the app return times. Their DAS was not showing on the new Genie system and had to go to GR. You would think everyone before today had their DAS in the same system spot before it rolled over to Genie, but who knows with Disney IT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter