Video Chat

When I was waiting on hold and talked to Azalea for the 2nd time yesterday she mentioned the same thing - that if I wanted, I could just show up and go to GS and pick out my DAS Advance Selections there. So maybe it is possible to do that during this transition period?
Thanks for the "possible" confirmation. Makes me feel a bit better about not being able to do the advance registration.

how long does it typically take after answering the questions do you get to the video chat?

For anyone wondering about wait times…. Today I started my virtual chat at 700. Was asked the questions about dates (11/9-11/14), reservation number & traveling party at 920. Then was transferred to a CM for the video chat, which started at 1020am. The same CM made our advanced selections for us while still on video. We were finished by 1040. I was surprised that it was so short actually. I figured being a Saturday when kids are home the demand would be up. My son was leaving the house at 11am (DAS is for him) and I wasn’t sure that we’d have enough time to get it done today.

This is incredibly frustrating! I've been trying to start a video chat since 7am and it keeps acting like it's still closed. I have tried on two different devices so it's not my laptop that is the issue. Yes, it is before 7am where I live, but that shouldn't make a difference. Are their hours different on Sunday but they forgot to mention that? I have tried refreshing the page but still nothing. It would be much easier to just renew in the park, but those extra passes would be really helpful to me since I could leave the park sooner. I was sick for a week last time after I got back because I stayed in the park too long evidently!

This is incredibly frustrating! I've been trying to start a video chat since 7am and it keeps acting like it's still closed
I know this is a silly question, but you have been manually typing/sending start in the window, yes?

I know this is a silly question, but you have been manually typing/sending start in the window, yes?
The system never even took me to the chat window until I finally got into it on my phone at 7:05 CST which is really weird since it's supposed to be EST. I did hit start, but then after a few minutes, it said connection unavailable and it never said it was restored like it did the other day when that happened. I keep trying to get in on my laptop, but it never gets me to the chat window...just says they are experiencing extended wait times and to try back later, but it always says that...even before they are open lol! Maybe I should just give up and try again tomorrow. You'd think it would still let me into the chat window even if wait times are long since it should be up to me whether or not I'm willing to wait. I wasn't going to wait too long anyway since my husband is off today. I guess I'll just try again tomorrow and maybe it'll be easier.

Wow, none of this sounds worth it. I will probably just renew at guest services if it is still crazy like this in a few months. I hate how Disney acts like this will not happen, over and over again.

Can this chat be done on an iPhone? If so can you do other things on your phone like take phone calls while waiting?

Can this chat be done on an iPhone? If so can you do other things on your phone like take phone calls while waiting?
It can be done on an Iphone and yes, I took several calls while waiting…. It allowed me to put the call on speaker. I’m not sure if my type of phone carrier makes a difference though. I know a while back some carries only allowed you to do one or the other. I have att and can surf the net and talk sams time.

It can be done on an Iphone and yes, I took several calls while waiting…. It allowed me to put the call on speaker. I’m not sure if my type of phone carrier makes a difference though. I know a while back some carries only allowed you to do one or the other. I have att and can surf the net and talk sams time.
I was waiting on chat, but gave up before getting thru. Then they changed to trips beginning November 1, which doesn’t work for our trip.

I was using an iPhone 11 with service from Verizon and answered several phone calls and texts while I was waiting for chat to get to me. The ‘chat waiting’ winDow was open in Safari using wifi.

Evidently at some point the chat session became available because I just tried to request a video chat again just to see what would happen, and there were texts from Fifi who ended up canceling the session because I didn't respond. So apparently the "Connection Unavailable" message doesn't necessarily mean you got disconnected from the chat? I tried again a little while ago and of course got the connection unavailable message after a while so this time I hold on a bit longer to see if maybe I get a response. The fact that it was Fifi who responded to my former chat session that I missed makes me think that there aren't very many people working on video chat since that was the same person that helped someone else on this thread the other night...

scratch that - got through after about 2 hours. then back to chat with someone else about the advance selections, which took about 15 mins (quick if you're prepared)
Were you in a chat with a CM when you were answering the questions? I finally got a chat started that didn't end up having connection issues and was talking to a CM who sent me a form, I completed it, and then I haven't heard anything else from her since then (a little over an hour ago). I got a couple of the automated responses about trip dates needing to be after November 1st like I did at first, but I haven't heard anything else from Xada the CM although her name with a chat symbol is still at the top of my screen as if I'm still chatting with her. Is this what it did when you were waiting for the video chat?

Were you in a chat with a CM when you were answering the questions? I finally got a chat started that didn't end up having connection issues and was talking to a CM who sent me a form, I completed it, and then I haven't heard anything else from her since then (a little over an hour ago). I got a couple of the automated responses about trip dates needing to be after November 1st like I did at first, but I haven't heard anything else from Xada the CM although her name with a chat symbol is still at the top of my screen as if I'm still chatting with her. Is this what it did when you were waiting for the video chat?
[/QUOT
The same thing happened with me I got on at 7:01 this morning and nothing since 10:00 AM after I submitted the form with XANA.

The same thing happened with me I got on at 7:01 this morning and nothing since 10:00 AM after I submitted the form with XANA.
I thought maybe I was in the queue for the video chat or something, but I gave up after 3 hours. I'm so sorry you were holding so long! I was really encouraged that I was chatting with someone after only an hour. I'll just try again and hope it gets easier and that I don't get Xana again. I probably shouldn't say that though since they are probably all so overworked because they don't have enough people! I hope you get yours done soon...good luck!

Last night at 8:15 I decided to try get my advanced selections fixed and got on after about 20 mins to chat with Zyra. The past few times I was waiting for about an hour when I just gave up. She was able to move my arrival day A$s 🤭 down to later on our arrival day which made me so happy. Also, for some reason one of my A$s is not showing my whole party but she confirmed they are all there. It’s shocking that the app is glitchy and not showing everyone 🙄. I know some had reported having to go thru the whole process of video chat again to change their A$s, I did not all I had to do was fill out the form again with my trip information. Good luck to all those trying today!

Last night at 8:15 I decided to try get my advanced selections fixed and got on after about 20 mins to chat with Zyra. The past few times I was waiting for about an hour when I just gave up. She was able to move my arrival day A$s 🤭 down to later on our arrival day which made me so happy. Also, for some reason one of my A$s is not showing my whole party but she confirmed they are all there. It’s shocking that the app is glitchy and not showing everyone 🙄. I know some had reported having to go thru the whole process of video chat again to change their A$s, I did not all I had to do was fill out the form again with my trip information. Good luck to all those trying today!

Sounds like they're continuing to make improvements to the system which is great to hear.

Sounds like they're continuing to make improvements to the system which is great to hear.
It sounds like maybe trying first thing in the morning is a bad idea?? I've gotten the connection unavailable 4 or 5 times already this morning after about 40-45 minutes in the chat window but before I started chatting with someone. Yesterday, the only time I got through to actually chat with a CM was the time I didn't get the connection unavailable message at the top of the screen. If I remember correctly, that was around lunchtime...entered the chat around 11:15 CST and was chatting with a CM around 12:15CST. It was after I had submitted the form that the system glitched and I never got to a video chat just like a PP said happened to him/her. I guess the key is to get to a chat with a CM before the system glitches (not that we can control that) and hope that the CM puts you in queue for the video chat and doesn't just leave you in limbo land! Since I got through to a chat after an hour yesterday, at least that part seems to be getting better (not like the multiple hours people waited initially), but I hate that there are so many opportunities for the system to glitch! I wish the first person you chat with could just do everything so if you make it that far you will be able to complete the process.

It sounds like maybe trying first thing in the morning is a bad idea?? I've gotten the connection unavailable 4 or 5 times already this morning after about 40-45 minutes in the chat window but before I started chatting with someone. Yesterday, the only time I got through to actually chat with a CM was the time I didn't get the connection unavailable message at the top of the screen. If I remember correctly, that was around lunchtime...entered the chat around 11:15 CST and was chatting with a CM around 12:15CST. It was after I had submitted the form that the system glitched and I never got to a video chat just like a PP said happened to him/her. I guess the key is to get to a chat with a CM before the system glitches (not that we can control that) and hope that the CM puts you in queue for the video chat and doesn't just leave you in limbo land! Since I got through to a chat after an hour yesterday, at least that part seems to be getting better (not like the multiple hours people waited initially), but I hate that there are so many opportunities for the system to glitch! I wish the first person you chat with could just do everything so if you make it that far you will be able to complete the process.

Ah sorry to hear that. I did receive a phone call back after I sent an email to their disabilities address about my over 14 hour wait on hold and they claimed that they fixed all of the problems related to the first CM sending you to the second video chat CM and that the fixes had occurred the night that I had the issue.

What kind of device and browser are you using for the chat? I have a Mac Laptop and I noticed if I use Safari, the connection would sometimes reset after some time and when I would send a "hello" message - the chat would act like I had just joined the queue - it is like Safari timed out the chat.

On my iPad and iPhone - similar things occurred, probably because I was using Safari there as well.

On the other hand, I found Chrome and Microsoft Edge to work the best on my laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter