Victoria and Albert's Wait List

CinderellaDream

Mouseketeer
I was able to snag a reservation during our visit in December to V&A's Queen Victoria room. However, and I know I'm being very picky, I would prefer another night (our actual anniversary) in the regular dining room as I think the QV room is just more food than we can handle (10 course vs 7 course). I called today and was put on the wait list for the regular dining room. Does anyone have experience with the wait list? Any success stories?

I will absolutely be happy even if I can't change my reservation but it would just work better for our week's schedule to do it another night.

I used the wait list to do the opposite in a previous instance and it worked fine, in fact in a few hours I had the table I wanted.

As for the amount of food the 7 and 10 courses are pretty even regardless of how many courses there actually are the most significant difference is the "entree" course which is usually beef the 7 course entree is about 2/3-3/4 a typical Signature TS entree (or roughly the same size as an entree at Tiffins :sad2:) while the 10 course was smaller, 1/2- 1/3 a typical Signature TS entree.

Looking back at pictures On the 10 course I got 2 2-3oz pieces of australian kobe filet with exactly 4 average sized gnocchi, 3 micro turnip quarters and 2 micro carrots with approximately a tablespoon of what was most likely a bearnaise like sauce

On the 7 course my wife received 2 3-4 ounce slices of veal filet, a 3x3x2 slice of some sort of mushroom lasagna, a 2 oz piece crispy veal sweetbread, and probably an ounce or so of braised veal cheek.

Another major difference is you get 2 desserts with the 10 course (both of them larger than all but one of Tiffins' desserts :sad2:) but they're both very light desserts.

We had the 7 and 10 at the same table and got to experience them both side by side with their respective pairings which I'd highly recommend but doing that is only available in the main dining room.

I was able to snag a reservation during our visit in December to V&A's Queen Victoria room. However, and I know I'm being very picky, I would prefer another night (our actual anniversary) in the regular dining room as I think the QV room is just more food than we can handle (10 course vs 7 course). I called today and was put on the wait list for the regular dining room. Does anyone have experience with the wait list? Any success stories?

I will absolutely be happy even if I can't change my reservation but it would just work better for our week's schedule to do it another night.

We've dined in the Queen Victoria's room on our two visits to V&A. However, regarding their wait list and our experience:

Chef's Table wait list 5 months out: fail
QV's Room wait list 4 months out: fail
Main DR wait list 4 & 3.5 months out fail

Each time we were coming in 'slow weeks' during October and December and had week long availability for any opening.

It could just be I'm bad luck though lol

Is it just the two of you? Look and see if there is an ADR for 4 people online. If so call and ask to have that reservation modified to two people. That's what I had to do for my first time there because there was a table for four available for weeks but never anything for just two. The first time I tried calling to do that the person wouldn't modify. I called back a couple days later and spoke to someone else who was happy to do it so don't give up

Is it just the two of you? Look and see if there is an ADR for 4 people online. If so call and ask to have that reservation modified to two people. That's what I had to do for my first time there because there was a table for four available for weeks but never anything for just two. The first time I tried calling to do that the person wouldn't modify. I called back a couple days later and spoke to someone else who was happy to do it so don't give up

It is just the two of us. I will check on an ADR for 4 just to see what comes up. Thanks for the tip!

OK - right off... have you PHONED V&A? Yes, you can book V&A on the WDW Website. It's pretty pointless.
Why pointless? Because V&A will ABSOLUTELY phone YOU, to insure that your dinner is perfect. This is NOT your average SIG. My dear wife and I only use the WDW Website for limited, initial contact. We ALWAYS phone them.... just before they phone US:).

Now - V&A has their OWN Website, at.....
http://www.victoria-alberts.com/

DIRECT CONTACT BY PHONE: (not Disney Dining)
(407) 939-3862

That's the phone number I called today and they put me on a wait list for the main dining room. Now I'm just waiting for them to call me back if they have availability on the night I would prefer.

Thank you so much for the tip. This works. I got a reservation for 4 and left a message to see if I could modify and was able to. Wohoo

I was able to get a table for 2 for my husband and DD16 (it would be lost on me) 4 months out in the Queen Victoria Room.

While we were in the "world" I received two voicemails for different days advising us of availability during the Christmas 2018 season.
None were for Christmas Eve, Day, or New Year's Eve but still...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter