Via Napoli with a mix of DP'ers and Non-DP'ers

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
My bf and I will be on the regular DP and my parents and brother will not. One of our meals is going to be at Via Napoli. My question is, could we get a large pizza for the table and throw our credits towards it? Or would we only be able to get the individual pizzas or pay OOP for a large pizza? Anyone have any experience with this? I'm trying to figure out which meals to possibly pay OOP for and which ones not to (we have 2 meals we'll have to pay OOP for). TIA!

Via Napoli is very strict in how the credits are used, so I don't believe you will be able to do what you want.

I know when you order a large pizza, each person at the table is charged a credit (or something like that).

This restaurant is also strict on sharing, so I would figure out to either pay out of pocket for all and use your credits elsewhere on the trip.

We went in July. DH and I used credits and I told them upfront that I was paying for the kids oop (because I wanted them to share a kids meal, something normal for them they at not big eaters and would rather snack at the parks) We each ordered our own and the kids ordered 1 kids meal.

I would recommend you tell them upfront who is on the ddp. If you all want pizzas then I would order their medium (may be called large that cost 2 credits) for you and DH, then one other person order and individual and the other person get an app or salad. Once the pizzas are there they will probably not give you a hassle if someone eats a slice of your pizza just like a extra fork.

I do not think you can order the largest would cost 4 credits and only pay half cash.

Good Luck.

Getting shocked. If a large pizza takes 4 ts credits, how much does it cost OOP? We have 3 adults, 3 kids. We wouldn't be allowed to get a large on the plan?

Getting shocked. If a large pizza takes 4 ts credits, how much does it cost OOP? We have 3 adults, 3 kids. We wouldn't be allowed to get a large on the plan?

A large, which is massive, runs about $40. So a pretty poor use of 4 credits.
But heard a rumor, not sure if it's true, that Via Napoli will now only allow the individual pizzas on the dining plan.
A rumor I heard repeatedly -- is that if your party is on the dining plan, every member of the party must charge a credit -- no plate sharing.

Definitely makes it a poor use of the credits. I'm so bummed that tut to italia will be closed during my trip!

A large, which is massive, runs about $40. So a pretty poor use of 4 credits.
But heard a rumor, not sure if it's true, that Via Napoli will now only allow the individual pizzas on the dining plan.
A rumor I heard repeatedly -- is that if your party is on the dining plan, every member of the party must charge a credit -- no plate sharing.

Not a rumor - it's true - or that's what we were told by our server a couple of months ago.

We are going to Via Nap on our trip and I plan on paying OOP. Either, we all will share a pizza or two (there are five of us, three are kids) or we will mix and match. Unless you order actual meals, it seems to use a TS credit would be a waste. Plus, we need to pay for one meal OOP because of an extra TS meal on our trip for a character b'fast. So if you need to pay for one or more meals OOP, I think this is a good one to do so.

SciFi is the other local we are considering doing this for the adults, at least. Again, it just make more sense because I think we are likely to get apps there and share a burger. Plus, in addition the above, we have a couple of signatures.

BTW: I did run the numbers for our trip, doing the DDP only saves us a slight amount of money over paying OOP for the whole trip. For convience, I think I will get it this last time. For the future, I don't believe we will.

BTW: I did run the numbers for our trip, doing the DDP only saves us a slight amount of money over paying OOP for the whole trip. For convience, I think I will get it this last time. For the future, I don't believe we will.

It almost always makes sense for us to pay OOP instead of getting the DP. I'm only getting it on this trip because someone tends to order like a miser when he sees the prices :rolleyes1. Of course, if Disney keeps raising their food prices to make the DP seem like a better value, then eventually it probably will be (for some people it already is).

Thanks everyone for the responses! :goodvibes I think I have the meals we should pay OOP for narrowed down. I think we may just pay OOP for this one if we decide to share a pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter