vGF resale prices

RaymOOOnd

Mouseketeer
Is it just me, or did the GF prices go haywire over the past several months? I could swear they were $150s on average just recently, and now suddenly it's all $180s and $190s?

It sort of normalizes it for me, in a way. Felt strange that it was ever priced similarly to some of the other resorts.

It’s the walkway announcement. I’m kicking myself for not buying VGF points in the spring.

Than I hope they build more walkways to the Magic Kingdom, say from AKV to MK. That will really help push up resale prices there, maybe to $150 / pt? :).

It's crazy that resale price gone up so much for VGF, but it's a small enough resort without enough sellers, so that becomes a seller's market. Of course, DVC direct pricing is so high, as well as ROFR being higher helped the resale price out very much. But mainly, it's a function of limited supply at both VGF and especially VGC, another crazy price resort.

Great3

Last edited:
Haywire!! Does anyone know what they are actually selling for? If we ever have to resell our dvc contracts, we’d make upany loss on RIV with a big gain on VGF.

As recently as May they were listing at around $160 a point and you could get them for $150. Now, listings are in the $180-190 range! There’s a listing (small contract) for $209! I don’t know what they are actually going for, though. The last two contracts on the ROFR thread were from June. I think it’s a different ball game now, and I still say it’s because of the walkway.

I inquired about a small 50 point VGF contract and was told the seller wasn't interested in offer under $200 per point. I know small contracts are desirable, but no thanks! I am scared to see what the direct price will also look like come January 😱

Hmmmm.... have been seriously considering selling my VGF for last few months. May actually pull the trigger if I can get that high of a price.

If it's just the walkway, I think that's a bit extreme. I do hope people realize that it is going to be a long walk from MK through the main resort almost to the wedding pavilion area. It's a much longer walk than say over to BLT. It may be useful on say nights like holiday weeks when the transportation wait might be an hour, but otherwise not as useful. It's a welcome addition to be able to walk it (and by extension you'll be able to walk to Polynesian as well in bad transportation situations) but I'm not sure people realize that it is not going to be like staying at Beach Club or Contemporary with that kind of walkability.

I had one taken in May at $150 (listed at $180ish), and I offered substantially higher about $175-180 (can’t remember the exact price point) on one last month that was refused because there was already a full price offer in for it. So I would say a lot are probably going for the higher prices. I don’t think it is the walkway, I think it is the fact Disney started ROFR’ing VGF. It used to be the Wild West on VGF with it being a haven for getting low ball offers by ROFR. Once they started ROFR’ing the brokers felt emboldened to price higher and Disney is backing them up. For example, I got a contract passed by Disney late last year for $138/point at VGF. Now if you are in the $150s, that will likely be a goner.

Than I hope they build more walkways to the Magic Kingdom, say from AKV to MK. That will really help push up resale prices there, maybe to $150 / pt? :).

It's crazy that resale price gone up so much for VGF, but it's a small enough resort without enough sellers, so that becomes a seller's market. Of course, DVC direct pricing is so high, as well as ROFR being higher helped the resale price out very much. But mainly, it's a function of limited supply at both VGF and especially VGC, another crazy price resort.

Great3
I’m hoping they run the monorail to OKW and SSR. I think there are deeded right of ways for it. I know that it will never happen.

I do think the walkway announcement is having some impact on the resale price. VGF continues to be one of the more desirable resorts. I see resale only going up as Disney opens up more resorts.

Well the last price increase did send them up to 245 a point when purchased directly from Disney.

Not sure when this was...june???

Also just took a look. If you want a 'base' contract - say 150 points or more - as opposed to an add on, there is about 12 on the resale market. 12 is not many on the supply side

I think the walkway did help but as the direct prices kept increasing it was only a matter of time until resale prices increased accordingly. Why would sellers want to leave money on the table? I suspect other resorts will go up as well VGF was just the first because of the limited number or resales available.

I think that middle and upper-middle class people are going to get priced out of the market. This wouldn't make sense if the market were free, but Dis is inflating these prices via ROFR and making it possible. The truly wealthy can afford to just pay cash for rooms -- without having to plan 11 months ahead and relinquish daily room service. So who will remain the audience for DVC?

The answer I'm afraid is sadly people who will finance it the way they would a new car (obviously way overpriced on average precisely because of financing; my teacher cousin just bought a $55k SUV?!) or even a home.

I'm sure some will point out that I'm hyperbolizing a bit but my gut feeling is that this is getting unreasonable for normal people. Makes me feel great about my $69pp AKV points from 4-5yrs ago though 😁

The Grand's location is the only thing it has going for it, in regards to my personal opinion. Don't know if I will ever stay there. Don't have the desire. Now the Poly, I have the desire. I like a resort to have a theme, or a really great pool, or a really great price. If I had one MK resort to stay at it would be the Poly. But so many people do love the Grand.

The Grand's location is the only thing it has going for it, in regards to my personal opinion. Don't know if I will ever stay there. Don't have the desire. Now the Poly, I have the desire. I like a resort to have a theme, or a really great pool, or a really great price. If I had one MK resort to stay at it would be the Poly. But so many people do love the Grand.

My feelings about the GF change on a year-to-year basis. Walking to Narcoossee's (sp?) on a nice evening and watching a movie on the lawn, with the electric water pageant going by, looking at the Victorian architecture all lit up, I'm tempted to think that there's noplace better. But then I'll see quite a few people dressed up to the hilt, clearly there on a rare or unusual trip to the World, reminding me more of those I might find at a high-priced place in Manhattan (I've no doubt that these are nice people but they make me feel like I'm back at work). And then there's the rigidity of the high-end shops in the lobby, the signs outside of Citricos cautioning you on how to dress, etc -- and I go back to wishing I were at AKV or Poly where I'd find next to nobody who isn't there specifically for the Disney theming (i.e. not somehow stuck at Disney world and trying to find the fanciest thing on property).

(snip)
But then I'll see quite a few people dressed up to the hilt, clearly there on a rare or unusual trip to the World,
(snip)
Or going to Victoria and Alberts

People have been saying Disney is going to price themselves out of business since 1980

Well the last price increase did send them up to 245 a point when purchased directly from Disney.

Not sure when this was...june???

Also just took a look. If you want a 'base' contract - say 150 points or more - as opposed to an add on, there is about 12 on the resale market. 12 is not many on the supply side
VGF increased to $245 in January with a bunch of other direct increases. CC increased again around June because it is almost "sold out."

My feelings about the GF change on a year-to-year basis. Walking to Narcoossee's (sp?) on a nice evening and watching a movie on the lawn, with the electric water pageant going by, looking at the Victorian architecture all lit up, I'm tempted to think that there's noplace better. But then I'll see quite a few people dressed up to the hilt, clearly there on a rare or unusual trip to the World, reminding me more of those I might find at a high-priced place in Manhattan (I've no doubt that these are nice people but they make me feel like I'm back at work). And then there's the rigidity of the high-end shops in the lobby, the signs outside of Citricos cautioning you on how to dress, etc -- and I go back to wishing I were at AKV or Poly where I'd find next to nobody who isn't there specifically for the Disney theming (i.e. not somehow stuck at Disney world and trying to find the fanciest thing on property).
I get that. Because even though I love AB in POR, that is how I live at home. The same vibe, feel ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter