VGF or CCV

Oh if I'd known "buy both" was an option, I would definitely have voted for that one!! :)

Edited to add: Although if you buy them all at VGF, you may get a pretty good incentive. Not a VGF zealot since I use mine as SAP but the incentives for more points is not too shabby.
Ohhhh……now there IS a monkey wrench

EDIT TO ADD: I just ran the numbers on that and it is literally 3K. I had not thought of that at all

Last edited:
I am with the OPs who vote BLT or Poly. To be transparent, own BLT, CCV, and considered GFV and now waiting till Poly 2 comes online. All the resorts are great but when you leave very Mickey Mickey Christmas (or after any fireworks) and you are 10 minutes walk from your home - winner. Same for the morning. Even mid-day breaks are so much easier. Love Poly for quick access to both Epcot and MK Monorails, so two parks a monorail away. The points chart are way better at BLT and CCV compared to Poly and GFV. We were a no points purchase at Poly since there are/were only studios until Poly 2. Also think if your habits may change, we love a good holiday trip but have started to like other holidays/events. You will be happy with any of the resorts!

I want to thank you all for your help today. All the input was thoughtful and that’s why I love this group. We went from thinking about CCV to VGF to BOTH and settled on……

VGF direct. While the CCV was a great deal and a lovely resort I think in the end access issues really made VGF the better choice for us. And the direct points with already having RIV made the extra cost a little more worth it.

I shouldn't think they had to move much if any, because BPK has to have had accessible rooms, though not all single room ones, of course.
GF as a whole needed accessible rooms. That doesn’t mean they were in BPK. And this is an older building. Who knows how much accessible inventory there is? I would want the answer to that question.

GF as a whole needed accessible rooms. That doesn’t mean they were in BPK. And this is an older building. Who knows how much accessible inventory there is? I would want the answer to that question.
Hmmm, good point.

We found in one RPC room (main building) that they'd bring a raised toilet seat and other portable mobility aids on request but had only a grab bar in the tub enclosure.

I'd thought the ADA would require a certain number of accessible rooms. DUH, Dot! the GF opened in 1988. Google says the ADA was signed in 1990. There's why. You're quite right, RoseGold.

Hi All. I have been hemming and hawing on this and think I know what I am going to do but would love some reassurance from all you pros so I am asking for your opinion.

I am going back and forth between a great CCV resale (175 pts) and VGF direct (200). I own direct already.

This is specifically for an early Dec stay each year. I do live in CO so the cabin look is not something that I super care about but I want great holiday feel.

We always have a car onsite and honestly mostly prefer to drive to the parks as my son is a wheelchair user. The one exception is MK because I HATE the TTC.

This contract would be our “MK resort”.

Also keeping in mind that wheelchair ease of use is important to us. Very. And we like access to easy and comfy restaurants with good food but does not need to be “fancy”.

Usually a 2 bedroom family for a party of 3 adults (I know, we are space weirdos)

OK, PLEASE hit me with your thoughts.

EDIT: Mods— I think this should go in DVC RESORTS but I don’t have the power to delete and move it. SORRY!!
VGF is truly their flagship, and getting direct points so cheap there is an incredible opportunity. Rooms are definitely more points there, sure, especially 2BR+. But the convenience of MK, dining, shopping, parking cannot be overstated. Neither can the overall feel and elegance. Personally, I don't understanding why people buy into DVC resorts that aren't within walking distance of a park...

VGF is truly their flagship, and getting direct points so cheap there is an incredible opportunity. Rooms are definitely more points there, sure, especially 2BR+. But the convenience of MK, dining, shopping, parking cannot be overstated. Neither can the overall feel and elegance. Personally, I don't understanding why people buy into DVC resorts that aren't within walking distance of a park...

Walking to the parks is a great thing...no question...but, depending on your party, walking may not be something that outweighs being at a resort that you love. We always loved BWV area because of the walk to Epcot and HS.

Then they built RIV...and staying there is much more important than being able to walk to the parks. We love the Skyliner and find it a nice option. But, them adding the walking path to VGF helped secure it as our second favorite resort, which had been BLT...BLT because of the walk...

Walking TO a park is great, I agree.

It's walking back to our resort after 6+ miles trekking for most of the day that ain't that great, yanno?

DH sensibly naps in the afternoon; I go shopping in the GF or hop the boat to MK to wander wherever tempts me, usually to what interests me more than him.

So, not like the walk back bothers me that much. I just can't bear to waste a minute there when I could be out exploring.

Good thing the parks aren't 24/7 or I'd never survive a trip.

There are some rooms in the inventory that I thought we could do for our particular accessibility needs, even without an "accessible" room, and I'm talking about Poly. Poly has unreasonable large bathrooms and can accommodate a shower seat and has surprisingly large doors, and could handle our restroom needs. VGF2 does not. This would be very tough in a chair. I'm honestly not sure even a zero turn radius could make it in the toilet at all. (I'm used to a Whill Ci - cant get much smaller or tighter radius)

I think the number of accessible VGF2 rooms is important in this discussion. They represent half of the points in play at this resort. And, yea, this is an old building and it would cost money to change this floorplan. I'm not even sure how they would do it. I guess take out the closet and move the sink plumbing? If VGF2 has very little accessible inventory, VGF points are much less useful to you.

And, having said all that, you might look at Poly with some Youtube tours, because I think the layout is particularly wheelchair friendly, depending on your specific needs and how much you care about the laundry and kitchen. I know it would work with a Whill, even in a non-accessible room. The TTC boat is right next to the DVC buildings and completely accessible, the easiest accessible option, even over the monorail, IMO.

Last edited:
Walking TO a park is great, I agree.

It's walking back to our resort after 6+ miles trekking for most of the day that ain't that great, yanno?

DH sensibly naps in the afternoon; I go shopping in the GF or hop the boat to MK to wander wherever tempts me, usually to what interests me more than him.

So, not like the walk back bothers me that much. I just can't bear to waste a minute there when I could be out exploring.

Good thing the parks aren't 24/7 or I'd never survive a trip.
I think the ultimate attraction for me here is you have 3 transportation options…the path, the monorail, and the ferry, and I guess technically the busses.

Well, that‘s a lie….the ULTIMATE attraction is its just drop dead gorgeous

There are some rooms in the inventory that I thought we could do for our particular accessibility needs, even without an "accessible" room, and I'm talking about Poly. Poly could accommodate a shower seat and has surprisingly large doors, and could handle our specialized restroom needs. VGF2 does not. This would be very tough in a chair. I'm honestly not sure even a zero turn radius could make it in the toilet at all. (I'm used to a Whill Ci)

I think the number of accessible VGF2 rooms is important in this discussion. They represent half of the points in play at this resort. And, yea, this is an old building and it would cost money to change this floorplan. I'm not even sure how they would do it. I guess take out the closet and move the sink plumbing?

And, having said all that, you might look at Poly with some Youtube tours, because I think the layout is particularly wheelchair friendly, depending on your specific needs and how much you care about the laundry and kitchen.
So for us a studio is not in play at all except in the case of a lock off. But you bring up a perfect point about not ALWAYS needing an accessible room. I really don’t think we would need one at the RIV and am going to try that out if we had a shower bench in the tub. Everyone‘s accessibity needs are so different. Going to play with how to break down a shower bench into an Owners Locker

Interested in how the Whill works for you at the parks. Our son is still using a manual with Smart Drive as a power assist but he finds it both so necessary BUT so annoying in the crowds. We actually rented a Whill for our Aug trip to see how he likes it…..we are staying at BLT so will have a chance to see how it does on the walking paths to MK.

VGF2, at least non-accessible, is impossible in a chair. VGF2 is half of the VGF points. That matters.

And the Whill is the absolute bomb. At the parks and anywhere else. PM me and I'll evangelize, and I don't work for them or anything. My relative uses only a Whill 24/7 and has since the launch at CES. I've actually never seen another one at the parks or IRL.

VGF2, at least non-accessible, is impossible in a chair. VGF2 is half of the VGF points. That matters.
I don't doubt that, recalling how once maintenance added one of those raised toilet seats with the side rails to give DH some sort of grab bar at the toilet, then we couldn't close the door to the toilet and tub/shower room! Not a delightful experience since one does occasionally prefer closed-door privacy.

I didn't consider how ridiculously close quarters those GF non-accessible bathrooms can be, some of them. But, now that I think about it, the toilet-sink area in the video of Amy and Paul's RS did look far too cramped for anyone but a cane-only person to negotiate. With no grab bars, so likely wouldn't work for many of them either.

Stupid of me to have said I'd like to try one sometime. Wouldn't work for DH even though he can walk unaided in our room.

Well, we know Disney has to have made some of the RS accessible post-ADA. Like you, RoseGold, I wonder how many.

And the Whill is the absolute bomb. At the parks and anywhere else. PM me and I'll evangelize, and I don't work for them or anything. My relative uses only a Whill 24/7 and has since the launch at CES. I've actually never seen another one at the parks or IRL.
How long does the battery last before needing to be charged?

How long does the battery last before needing to be charged?
Done many park days on one battery. Once got two batteries down to 25% trying really hard, I'm not sure everyone else could have done any more. IRL, and at the park, you just carry a spare.

Edit to add: this is like an electric car. The way you drive impacts battery usage quite a bit. So, you decide, really.

I don't doubt that, recalling how once maintenance added one of those raised toilet seats with the side rails to give DH some sort of grab bar at the toilet, then we couldn't close the door to the toilet and tub/shower room! Not a delightful experience since one does occasionally prefer closed-door privacy.

I didn't consider how ridiculously close quarters those GF non-accessible bathrooms can be, some of them. But, now that I think about it, the toilet-sink area in the video of Amy and Paul's RS did look far too cramped for anyone but a cane-only person to negotiate. With no grab bars, so likely wouldn't work for many of them either.

Stupid of me to have said I'd like to try one sometime. Wouldn't work for DH even though he can walk unaided in our room.

Well, we know Disney has to have made some of the RS accessible post-ADA. Like you, RoseGold, I wonder how many.
I will absolutely ask this question when my guide is setting up our points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter