Very Interesting NEW Article about Avatar coming to DAK

Oh I will be upset if they get rid of Festival of the Lion King. I love that show, but anxious to see what happens.

1) It is still rumored to be relocated to "Africa".
2) Which, of course does make contextual sense.
3) The *alleged* location is
. . . to the right of Tusker (when facing Tusker House)
. . . to the left of Safari
. . . set back about 50-70 feet
4) ABSOLUTELY NO RUMORS of a new Camp Minnie-Mickey location.
5) Assuming they keep Camp Minnie-Mickey ?!?!?!

1) It is still rumored to be relocated to "Africa".
2) Which, of course does make contextual sense.
3) The *alleged* location is
. . . to the right of Tusker (when facing Tusker House)
. . . to the left of Safari
. . . set back about 50-70 feet
4) ABSOLUTELY NO RUMORS of a new Camp Minnie-Mickey location.
5) Assuming they keep Camp Minnie-Mickey ?!?!?!

I thought that Beastly Bazaar was the new Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Reddog1134 said:
I thought that Beastly Bazaar was the new Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Its a character greeting area yes. No announcement of what will be in there. No announcement that its the new Camp MM

At first I was totally opposed to Avatar, but this blueprints and ideas are exciting me. Yes, I would rather them be something like South America with these plans, but I'd be fine with Avatar. Thanks for the awesome links!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

What you mean all those "rumors" with absolutely no basis in fact that this has been "canceled" were wrong! I am in complete shock!

(Since sarcasm doesn't come across on the internet - that's sarcasm kids!)

I am all for this. I can't stand the way so many Disney fans on the boards whine that Disney doesn't put anything new into WDW, and then when they do, whine that "Oh, but that's not what I wanted, I meant that not only should they put into something new, but it should be THIS and THIS only, because it's my idea, and I know better than anyone! Wah wah wah!"

I don't think Avatar was a great movie, but I think it good make a great theme park attraction. And if you make a great theme park attraction, then people will love it.

(A good example being Transformers at Uni, I think the Transformer movies are big steaming turds that I would never sit through again, unlike Avatar which I would, but I would never dismiss that they can't make a good theme park ride out of it.)

This this this this this.

Also I would have preferred a vekoma motorbike coaster that was rumored though. Still it's better than nothing. (And nothing is better than an exact clone of something at DL or DCA in my opinion)

As I love Soarin to death and always thought a 3D version would be spectacular I fully appove of this plan :)

And is it just me or does the alternate ride almost sound like Avatar of the Caribbean?

Not a huge fan of the movie but it was impressive in scope at least, I am thinking this will be impressive and put DAK into the full day park range finally.

Not to mention I'm not sure what they could have for a plan B that would be nearly so popular and keep even remotely to DAK's theme (which I know many don't see Avatar as such either but I think it fits just fine).

Finally we have some info on this once thought dead project, yes I fully believe this will be scalled back from orginal "blue sky" idea. I am sure with the scale back giving DAK its expansion will help fund DHS expansion "possible cars land"

I am thinking over the next year we will be learning quite a bit on expansions at DAK and DHS.

Now as far as the Soarin' like ride don't know yet.. Sure Soarin' can be made 3D. Now if that boat ride would be done right it could be amazing with theaming. I did read Disney was testing a EMV boat ride type like Dinosaur and Indy at DL, that would be great.

I am most interested in the boat ride. I want to see concept art for that

Personally I hope something big like avatar ( If not Avatar ) comes to DAK but I want something equally as big coming to Hollywood studios, both parks really need something

Personally I hope something big like avatar ( If not Avatar ) comes to DAK but I want something equally as big coming to Hollywood studios, both parks really need something

Couldnt agree more!

I am excited about the possibility of what they have in mind for AK. Even with EE, Dino and KS, AK is so huge, it needs some more big draws. About the only way we justify a visit to the park is on a long trip vs a short trip, and even then we only go one day. Walking is a killer, trying to get from point A to B. I dont mind walking, its part of what is expected at WDW, but the layout of AK has too much stretch between attractions. Keep plussing AK and HS and we'll keep going back!!

I would still prefer giant pandas in Asia and an Australia with a crocodile falls log flume and koala forest walk thru

MJMcBride said:
I would still prefer giant pandas in Asia and an Australia with a crocodile falls log flume and koala forest walk thru

Australia would be cool.

Aren't Giant Pandas extremely hard to get?

I am for an avatars land , I actually enjoyed the movie. The visual affect would be awesome especially at night. I think Disney needs something like this I mean AK is pretty much the least favorable park over all, thats why is closes so early compared to the other parks. They need a big draw like this to keep this park open and full into the night. For all of you that never watched the movie it's something you can add to the list of countdown movies to watch before your vacation. I know a lot of Disney vets don't like it but I don't think it would be for you guys. I think Disney is trying to pull some new blood into the water. I mean look at all the draw that WWOHP has done. People from everywhere come to Florida to see it. Avatar has outsold HP in the box office and has done fabulous worldwide. That's who they want to draw people who have never been but can't resist visiting Pandora at night. This is a very smart move for Disney if they can hang on to it.

yitbos96bb said:
Australia would be cool.

Aren't Giant Pandas extremely hard to get?

Yes. U need to give the Chinese government about 10 million for a 10 year loan. Only 4 zoos in this country (san diego dc memphis and Atlanta) have them

While I think Avatar gives Disney's imagineers ample room for greatness, whether the bean counters allow it is certainly questionable.

I agree with Austraila. I would support this wholeheartedly. AKL needs to, at this point in time, embrace being a zoo and try to be a GREAT one. But I honestly and sadly don't think Disney will ever take that risk again as, one, the animal angle hasn't been all that successful and two, zoo's are probably more expensive than Disney wants to entertain.

It has become painfully obvious that Disney no longer follows Walt's original philosophy that quality always will succeed in favor of demographic cash grabs via marketing genius.

~I think Animal Kingdom was Disney's "answer" to Busch Gardens, which has successfully managed animals and coasters quite well for decades on end, long before Disney even set sights on Orlando. And, in the late 1980's Busch Garden's actually opened a Giant Panda Zoo. Unfortunately, it didn't last a year. :(

~AK is an amazing theme park that has steadily experienced a strong upward trend in growth and park attendance. There is plenty of room left for expansion, so Disney may revisit some of their shelved plans after DHS and Epcot gets their turn. Anyway, I am very excited about the plans for Avatarland, and I can't wait for more details. :goodvibes

Evi said:
Animal Kingdom closes early because the animals need quiet at night.

It can remain open as it had in the past although the animals would be off exhibit. There can't be a fireworks show

Howeverr the animals are more in the back. You could easily keep Everest dinoland and avatarland open till 9

Animal Kingdom closes early because the animals need quiet at night.

I know two animal experts who have been consultants to Disney from day one and have been told the "animals need time off" line was solely a made up response to deflect the fact that AK didn't open at night.

The moment Disney feels a payoff can be made,they will keep AK open at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter