VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

The best pizza in the area, imo, is at Earl’s. I can’t really suggest you take the family, as it’s not real family friendly. That said, for adults, they have fantastic bands on the weekends.
It is a biker bar, but folks are friendly.
The live music is an attraction. Unfortunately, no gluten free options listed on the menu, so we’ll have to pass.

Pretty intense weather rolling through Vero/Sebastian right now. We are without power. Anyone at the resort? How are things there?

We tried their pizza last night, it was delicious! They are huge - a ‘personal’ pizza was about 12”, and they also had 16” and 18”. The GF crust was a cauliflower one. I did not see dairy free cheese as an option. Note there is a special on Monday / Tuesday - 16” cheese pizza fo $8.99. It took about 25 min, so ideal to shop next door in Publix while waiting!
Thanks for the update! For dairy free, I just got without cheese all together. I am soy intolerant so non-dairy alternatives often don't work for me. Being from NY, I do think this is really good pizza!

Yeah, the pool is gated. I suppose someone could try to be a pool crasher, but I seriously doubt that happens much.

When we were there in 2019, you needed to use a MB or card to get into the pool, the same as the beach.

I have seen them left in the laundry rooms in every building. Along with boogie boards, umbrellas etc...

In the past, laundry rooms are great areas. There is a bike rack in the villa buildings and we have seen things left there, but were unsure if they were up for grabs. There use to be a FB group for DVC members who left behind things in various resorts saying what they left and where.

Has anyone done a Vero Beach and cruise combo vacation from port canaveral.

I’m thinking of it April 2023 as a more relaxed Disney trip away from ‘world’ but wondering if it actually makes sense of a trip?
We have a 4 night cruise booked in October from PC and I added 2 nights at VB after the cruise over the weekend so we could try it out! Looking forward to our first stay there!

So Orchid Island Pizzeria is gone. Can anyone recommend a local, non-chain pizza place near Disney's Vero Beach Resort?

I had no clue they closed. When did this happen? I wonder if they will re-open/renovate?

At VB now, for a 7-night stay. Just did the Bourbon and Beyond tasting in the Green Cabin Room. An excellent tasting experience at $45 including tax and gratuity. Informative and lively, included a nice charcuterie board, a couple of small tasting samples of straight bourbon, and three full size bourbon-based cocktails (Manhattan, old fashioned, bourbon-based lemonade) made with good quality bourbon. There are also martini and margarita tastings on different nights. Each tasting is offered twice a week.

For those that have stayed in Cottage 1575, is there still beach access next to it? We stayed there many years ago and there was a path right next to the cottage that led to the beach. Didn't know if that's restricted to CMs now or if there is gate access for members. TIA!

Anyone have thoughts on how much time should we spend on Vero after 9 nights at WDW? We're from the West and I'm looking at 2-4 nights. Any recommended activities with a 4 year old? I have back read a little bit but I still feel I do not know much. Shower me with any tips! This is our first!

At VB now, for a 7-night stay. Just did the Bourbon and Beyond tasting in the Green Cabin Room. An excellent tasting experience at $45 including tax and gratuity. Informative and lively, included a nice charcuterie board, a couple of small tasting samples of straight bourbon, and three full size bourbon-based cocktails (Manhattan, old fashioned, bourbon-based lemonade) made with good quality bourbon. There are also martini and margarita tastings on different nights. Each tasting is offered twice a week.
Thank you for posting this. I think I may incorporate it into my weekend plans.

Is this something we need to sign up for in advance, or can we just walk in and do it? Does it start at a certain time of day??

thanks.

Anyone have thoughts on how much time should we spend on Vero after 9 nights at WDW? We're from the West and I'm looking at 2-4 nights. Any recommended activities with a 4 year old? I have back read a little bit but I still feel I do not know much. Shower me with any tips! This is our first!

We recently spent 9 nights at OKW and 5 nights at Vero. We thought it was perfect. We are trying to do this yearly/winter/spring. We are doing the same next March 2022. We are booked 10 nights at OKW and hoping to get in Vero for 5-6 nights again. We meet our friends - they have a second home there. Go out on the boat one day. Stay at the beach or pool in the mornings and dinner at a different place in the evening.

What time of your are you going? Kids/ages? I think this is as close to snow birding as we will get - about three weeks. We might start alternating other locations in addition to WDW.

We recently spent 9 nights at OKW and 5 nights at Vero. We thought it was perfect. We are trying to do this yearly/winter/spring. We are doing the same next March 2022. We are booked 10 nights at OKW and hoping to get in Vero for 5-6 nights again. We meet our friends - they have a second home there. Go out on the boat one day. Stay at the beach or pool in the mornings and dinner at a different place in the evening.

What time of your are you going? Kids/ages? I think this is as close to snow birding as we will get - about three weeks. We might start alternating other locations in addition to WDW.

This is our version of "snow birding" too. We have done this the last two years, spending 2 wks at WDW and 1 wk at VB. So far it has worked out very well for us. The first year or retirement we went to Ponta Gorda and St Augustine after WDW, the 2nd year we rented a condo on the beach at Dayton Beach S, both were nice options but Vero seems to be the best so far and it doesn't cost us anything extra to stay there.

This is our version of "snow birding" too. We have done this the last two years, spending 2 wks at WDW and 1 wk at VB. So far it has worked out very well for us. The first year or retirement we went to Ponta Gorda and St Augustine after WDW, the 2nd year we rented a condo on the beach at Dayton Beach S, both were nice options but Vero seems to be the best so far and it doesn't cost us anything extra to stay there.

We think alike. We are doing WDW and St. Augustine this Fall.

We want to venture to the West Coast too soon :)

Is this something we need to sign up for in advance, or can we just walk in and do it? Does it start at a certain time of day??

thanks.
Yes, advance sign up required. Complete that at Eb & Flos. I signed up Monday for a Thursday tasting, so don’t know how full it gets as the day get closer. However, we had 18 people scheduled and only 13 who showed up for the Bourbon and Beyond tasting.

All of the tastings are scheduled for 4 to 5 pm in the Green Cabin Room. This week, the schedule was Bourbon and Beyond on Sunday and Thursday, Martinis with Style on Monday, Mix-Up Margaritas on Tuesday and Friday, Pirate Rum Adventure on Wednesday and Saturday.

Yes, advance sign up required. Complete that at Eb & Flos. I signed up Monday for a Thursday tasting, so don’t know how full it gets as the day get closer. However, we had 18 people scheduled and only 13 who showed up for the Bourbon and Beyond tasting.

All of the tastings are scheduled for 4 to 5 pm in the Green Cabin Room. This week, the schedule was Bourbon and Beyond on Sunday and Thursday, Martinis with Style on Monday, Mix-Up Margaritas on Tuesday and Friday, Pirate Rum Adventure on Wednesday and Saturday.
This sounds like a lot of fun.
Thanks for the info!

Can I ask what Vero Beach is like to visit mid-late august time? Does it tend to be hurricane weather to expect?

we are doing 14 nights at WDW late July, early august and are thinking of doing Vero either before or after our trip out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!