VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I hope you enjoy your time at Vero Beach. VB is a very nice resort but it's also a very quite resort, there's not a lot of action there so I hope you're prepared for that. We have gone to VB after WDW and last year before our WDW trip. This coming year we will be going after WDW which is a good scenario for us, it gives us time to relax after WDW and the LONG drive home. Either way I hope you have a great vacation and many years as a happy DVC member.
We learned last month that going AFTER WDW is the way to do it! We spent 3 nights at VB and then 6 nights at BCV. Could have really used the relaxing part after, instead of before. We LOVED it at VB!!!
We've gone to WDW after VB on our trips. There are a couple of reasons for this.

First, VB is farther away from home for us, so we like getting the longest part of the trip over at the start.

Second, after sitting around VB for a few days, we need some excitement.

Nothing within walking distance except a sandwich shop, and that may close early.

You will need a car, and a solid 15 minutes to get to restaurants.
Our favorite as of late is Bobby’s. It’s one minute from another fave, The Ocean Grill. The OG does get a bit pricey however. Riverside Cafe is great, but in the evening it loses some family atmosphere and turns more toward night club.
Heading toward Sebastian many like Capt Hiram’s and Squid Lips.
I cannot in good faith recommend either, but they are reasonably priced.
If you continue past Squid Lips, Capt Butchers is pretty good.
So... my main recs are Bobby’s, Butchers, and Ocean Grill (more pricey).
Also, unless having breakfast, stay away from Mulligans (one in Sebastian, and one in Vero).

There are other good places, but not as “family” oriented.
Love Squidlips. Different strokes for different folks.

We booked our stay for one night to kick off our Disney Vacation. It is in late August. I did this to give my wife her beach time.

Are cash rooms possible here (or perhaps better phrased, more than a once in while surprise bonus) or is it a better idea to rent points? Are there tricks to getting a cash reservation? How is availability at 7 months or less - specifically for ocean view? We are DVC owners but we have fully planned for our points for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes1 We live within driving distance so tend not to be planning 11 or even 7 months in advance (but are willing to in order to try this resort) and anytime I've tried to check for availability (admittedly ad-hoc) I've come up empty with nothing available for cash in any category. Based on the points chart seems like Sept/Oct is "low" season and that's fine by us - still hot here and can use beach and pool. Any tips are appreciated in terms of best way and/or time of year to snag a reservation and give this resort a try. Ideally would like to visit when we can use the beach and pool. Thanks!

I think renting pants will be a better way. I remember once checking cash rates and they were ridiculously high. We have been able to get reservations with our points at 7 months without issues for all our stays, which included Thanksgiving one year. I thought it would be super hard, but there was availability for a couple of weeks after the 7 months mark. Our favorite visit was for Halloween. They had trick or treating going on, one of the beach houses was converted into a spooky house. Low key, but fun. We also stayed in early December and the Christmas decorations are very pretty. But we did have a couple of cold days then.

We are going to VB after 3 nights in WDW. This is the first year we are getting the Beach House and we are beyond excited. We love VB. We usually try to come for a week at the end of August (mostly North East families and UK families at the resort). It is so nice to relax before the start of the school year. Question for those who have stayed in the Beach House, where do you park? I know at the Inn there is garage and there are small garages under the villas, but I never noticed where the beach house parks.

We are going to VB after 3 nights in WDW. This is the first year we are getting the Beach House and we are beyond excited. We love VB. We usually try to come for a week at the end of August (mostly North East families and UK families at the resort). It is so nice to relax before the start of the school year. Question for those who have stayed in the Beach House, where do you park? I know at the Inn there is garage and there are small garages under the villas, but I never noticed where the beach house parks.
Same place. Whatever is available, including underneath.

Enjoy the cottage!

Have a great time. It seems we parked in the underground area of whichever building we were in front of. I don’t remember for sure, but we never were too far.

Thanks! We won't be using the car much, mainly it is for that first run to Publix for our food for the week and maybe one meal out. I have a feeling that once we get the Beach Cottage we will never want to go back....addonitis is hitting hard....

So Orchid Island Pizzeria is gone. Can anyone recommend a local, non-chain pizza place near Disney's Vero Beach Resort?

How is the beach lately regarding the Seaweed/Sargassum outbreak at the end of May on the beach?:confused:Ocean ironically was relatively clear but piles of it on beach

We also had Vittorios last month and thought it was pretty good pizza and garlic knots. It was also convenient for us because we needed something from Publix (microwave popcorn for the nightly movie at the resort popcorn::). And don't forget the free cookie for the kiddos. I thought the worker was just being nice, but apparently it's a thing at Publix.

Thinking of doing Vero Beach again in August and was last there over Labor Day Weekend last year. Have there been any changes since then in regards to loosening restrictions? I see the character dining is still a no-go. Last time the playgrounds were closed, no Tiger Lily Water Play area, no campfire, no spa… Have any other amenities come back online recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter