VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

No I appreciate all the advice.

Think we are buying enough points for what we need than yeah, if we do end up doing shorter stays then thats good with us. We can use any excess points at 7 months to maybe grab a couple of nights at Saratoga Springs.

I agree that ten days is too long to stay at vero. But that is just my personal preference. I have found we can do about 5 days max.
We have done several 8 & 9 day stays at vero and have always been sad to leave and cannot wait to go back after we arrive home.

My family and I are staying at Disney Vero Beach in July. Can anyone tell me if Sun Canopies "tents" or allowed on the beach? Thank you.

So can anyone recommend some good family restaurants in the local area?

Very early days for trip planning but me good to get some recommendations to research on Youtube

Are cash rooms possible here (or perhaps better phrased, more than a once in while surprise bonus) or is it a better idea to rent points? Are there tricks to getting a cash reservation? How is availability at 7 months or less - specifically for ocean view? We are DVC owners but we have fully planned for our points for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes1 We live within driving distance so tend not to be planning 11 or even 7 months in advance (but are willing to in order to try this resort) and anytime I've tried to check for availability (admittedly ad-hoc) I've come up empty with nothing available for cash in any category. Based on the points chart seems like Sept/Oct is "low" season and that's fine by us - still hot here and can use beach and pool. Any tips are appreciated in terms of best way and/or time of year to snag a reservation and give this resort a try. Ideally would like to visit when we can use the beach and pool. Thanks!

I would like to know of some really good seafood restaurants nearby no further than 25 minutes drive that are no more than $30 for main dish. I love She Crab soup so bonus if it has that. Please and thank you in advance!

Also does anyone know if the Goofy character meal is back or will be before the end of August?

What is the ocean temperature like around thanksgiving? We’re thinking about going but not if it’s too cold

maybe 10-15 mins. Ideally walk if possible. We aren’t seafood people but don’t want anything too expensive. $20-$25 a main is ok
I don’t think anything is a 10-15 minute walk except Orchid Island Pizza. You are in a very residential area, very lovely, not commercial!

maybe 10-15 mins. Ideally walk if possible. We aren’t seafood people but don’t want anything too expensive. $20-$25 a main is ok
Nothing within walking distance except a sandwich shop, and that may close early.

You will need a car, and a solid 15 minutes to get to restaurants.
Our favorite as of late is Bobby’s. It’s one minute from another fave, The Ocean Grill. The OG does get a bit pricey however. Riverside Cafe is great, but in the evening it loses some family atmosphere and turns more toward night club.
Heading toward Sebastian many like Capt Hiram’s and Squid Lips.
I cannot in good faith recommend either, but they are reasonably priced.
If you continue past Squid Lips, Capt Butchers is pretty good.
So... my main recs are Bobby’s, Butchers, and Ocean Grill (more pricey).
Also, unless having breakfast, stay away from Mulligans (one in Sebastian, and one in Vero).

There are other good places, but not as “family” oriented.

We have been to VB several times over the years, but we have always gone in June, and we have always stayed in an Inn room. No issues with availability as long as we book right at 7 months.

We are planning a trip for summer 2022 to celebrate our twins' high school graduation. With the graduation itself and parties in June, we were thinking of moving the trip to early July. DD has a school theater trip that starts the end of July.

The issue is that we would like a 2BR. Is the time around July 4 busier? I don't have enough points to walk a reservation over a weekend, so if we choose July instead of June, are we taking a chance on having much less availability at 7 months?

Just booked my first trip to vero beach in december! In fact it will be my first DVC stay since purchasing dvc in dec 2019! (ugh bad timing!) We're using our glut of points to stay there and then head to WDW and stay at a few different resorts there. Very excited!

Just booked my first trip to vero beach in december! In fact it will be my first DVC stay since purchasing dvc in dec 2019! (ugh bad timing!) We're using our glut of points to stay there and then head to WDW and stay at a few different resorts there. Very excited!

I hope you enjoy your time at Vero Beach. VB is a very nice resort but it's also a very quite resort, there's not a lot of action there so I hope you're prepared for that. We have gone to VB after WDW and last year before our WDW trip. This coming year we will be going after WDW which is a good scenario for us, it gives us time to relax after WDW and the LONG drive home. Either way I hope you have a great vacation and many years as a happy DVC member.

I hope you enjoy your time at Vero Beach. VB is a very nice resort but it's also a very quite resort, there's not a lot of action there so I hope you're prepared for that. We have gone to VB after WDW and last year before our WDW trip. This coming year we will be going after WDW which is a good scenario for us, it gives us time to relax after WDW and the LONG drive home. Either way I hope you have a great vacation and many years as a happy DVC member.
We learned last month that going AFTER WDW is the way to do it! We spent 3 nights at VB and then 6 nights at BCV. Could have really used the relaxing part after, instead of before. We LOVED it at VB!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter