• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I am thinking of adding a stay at Vero after WDW to relax. Will first week of March be too cold to swim at the beach? Or will last week of June better for swimming? I don't mind doing the parks in June, since we will not be at the parks much. We are planning a resort heavy trip, and we don't have a lot of options because of school. So we are either going during president's day week (some vacation because ski week) or after the school lets out (last two weeks of June, flying back before 4th of July weekend)
We stayed at VB the 4th of July week. The ocean and pool temperatures were outstanding, a true pleasure to take a dip!

I know this is an off the wall question, but I will ask anyway. While at VB 2 weeks ago, my boys signed up for the archery activity/class, which we highly recommend. It was really well led and they absolutely loved it. Curious if anyone else has done this and if anyone remembers what brand compound bow they used? Thinking this might make a good birthday gift, since they loved it so much.

Gorgeous weather at Vero, just returned from a very last minute quick trip, shocked that I snagged a one night stay in Deluxe Ocean view room at the Inn, we made 2 long days out of it, arrived very early on Thursday. The weather on Thursday and Friday was just gorgeous, sunny all day, beautiful breeze pool water nice and warm, didn’t feel resort was overly crowded. When I chatted with some CMs at the front desk, they said that they were coming off very busy weeks of Easter breaks. interesting, you could count on one hand folks swimming in ocean as the waves were so large, looked like rip currents to us. Was looking forward to a dip in ocean, but would not venture out with those currents. The wind was so strong that in morning, all beach umbrellas and cabanas had to remain closed. The resort was immaculate and I am always impressed as to how efficient the pool lifeguards are. Really wish there were lifeguards on beach like at Hilton Head. The public beach just to the left of resort was closed as they were replenishing sand. Stopped in for our delicious breakfast sandwich’s, a must do every trip, made to order, eggs any way, I like my bacon very crispy and they do make it perfectly, a little deli very close to resort, called Beach Bites, and the cashier said the public beach is supposed to open end of month. We try to walk around resort and the public parking at that beach was closed as there was heavy equipment in the lot working. At first we thought that Beach Bites was closed, but it is open. Really enjoyed our quick getaway, can’t wait for a longer one in May! 😎🌞

Last edited:
Hi all, I am heading down to the Vero in 3 weeks. I can't seem to find any details on what dining options are open at the resort. In door/outdoors /takeaway. Anyone that's been recently, cna you please let me know.

Also, does anyone know if the kids playground is open? I saw a vlog from a few months back and it was closed for covid (I think).

Hi all, I am heading down to the Vero in 3 weeks. I can't seem to find any details on what dining options are open at the resort. In door/outdoors /takeaway. Anyone that's been recently, cna you please let me know.

Also, does anyone know if the kids playground is open? I saw a vlog from a few months back and it was closed for covid (I think).
The quick serve at the pool was open fully. We didn’t eat dinner at the restaurant, but I believe it was open. Saw people entering the Green Cabin Room, so I guess it was opened. Do not remember seeing any children on the kids water area. You may want to call the resort directly for confirmation though. It was mostly pre school children and babies since spring vacation I believe is over fir most schools.

Gorgeous weather at Vero, just returned from a very last minute quick trip, shocked that I snagged a one night stay in Deluxe Ocean view room at the Inn, we made 2 long days out of it, arrived very early on Thursday. The weather on Thursday and Friday was just gorgeous, sunny all day, beautiful breeze pool water nice and warm, didn’t feel resort was overly crowded. When I chatted with some CMs at the front desk, they said that they were coming off very busy weeks of Easter breaks. interesting, you could count on one hand folks swimming in ocean as the waves were so large, looked like rip currents to us. Was looking forward to a dip in ocean, but would not venture out with those currents. The wind was so strong that in morning, all beach umbrellas and cabanas had to remain closed. The resort was immaculate and I am always impressed as to how efficient the pool lifeguards are. Really wish there were lifeguards on beach like at Hilton Head. The public beach just to the left of resort was closed as they were replenishing sand. Stopped in for our delicious breakfast sandwich’s, a must do every trip, made to order, eggs any way, I like my bacon very crispy and they do make it perfectly, a little deli very close to resort, called Beach Bites, and the cashier said the public beach is supposed to open end of month. We try to walk around resort and the public parking at that beach was closed as there was heavy equipment in the lot working. At first we thought that Beach Bites was closed, but it is open. Really enjoyed our quick getaway, can’t wait for a longer one in May! 😎🌞
Thanks for the report

I heard about the shark attack. Scary. I hope he is okay.
It amazes me that Disney, all FL. Beach resorts really, don't educate guests on best time to swim. Never go in before 11am or after4pm, esp watch tides, you do not want to be in water at Vero with high tide. There is a bull shark nursery at the mouth of the Indian river which is a short distance from Vero. These are facts, not my opinion. Also, do not wear sparkle; jewelry, metal decorations on suits, shiny material looks like a fish to them, black in places where sharks eat seals is not a good idea either.
do not go out to far, sitting on a float with your feet dangling like a fishing lure, sheesh, LOL. and body surf and boogie board at your own risk. My kids did boogie boards for 12 yrs without incident following these rules without a problem. We would go for night walks or after dinner walks on the beach at high tide and see bull sharks feeding where we had been playing in the water hrs earlier, when the tide was lower. Feet away from the edge of the waterline. This happened twice, seeing it once was enough, LOL.
If everyone was cognoscente of these rules, I doubt there would be many attacks.

It amazes me that Disney, all FL. Beach resorts really, don't educate guests on best time to swim. Never go in before 11am or after4pm, esp watch tides, you do not want to be in water at Vero with high tide. There is a bull shark nursery at the mouth of the Indian river which is a short distance from Vero. These are facts, not my opinion. Also, do not wear sparkle; jewelry, metal decorations on suits, shiny material looks like a fish to them, black in places where sharks eat seals is not a good idea either.
do not go out to far, sitting on a float with your feet dangling like a fishing lure, sheesh, LOL. and body surf and boogie board at your own risk. My kids did boogie boards for 12 yrs without incident following these rules without a problem. We would go for night walks or after dinner walks on the beach at high tide and see bull sharks feeding where we had been playing in the water hrs earlier, when the tide was lower. Feet away from the edge of the waterline. This happened twice, seeing it once was enough, LOL.
If everyone was cognoscente of these rules, I doubt there would be many attacks.

Everyone should know this - every oceanfront resort/public beach, should post/have warning signs. We are not "beach" people, go to the shore all summer, etc. We don't even swim. I will go waist high and that's about it but the water has to be at least 85 degrees. This does not happen unless I am in the islands/pool or beaches down south in the summer time (not something that happens often either).

I need to mention this to my kids/grandchildren. Thank you.

This attack surprised me because we were always told from 9am on is ok. 9am-4pm. We grew up on the beach, so have lots of experience. Ugh

who the heck told you 9am??? that's wrong. esp since many times high tide is still up enough that waist deep can get you a bite from a fairly large fish. thats like 4 ft of water and they only need about 3'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter