VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Does anyone know if there are open areas at the resort (aside from beach/pool areas) for a group of 20 to eat on their own? Like grill or picnic areas, or other indoor spaces? We are spread over 4 rooms and none of them are big enough to hold all of us. Thanks!

We are here now and have heard Riverside was good. We did not eat there but kayaked out of there today with Paddles by the Sea. We really enjoyed Ocean Grill though and will definitely will be back to eat there. It’s pricey and the wait was long, but worth it.
Hi! How were the covid restrictions? Was it difficult to be by the beach/pool and needing masks when walking away?

Does anyone know if there are open areas at the resort (aside from beach/pool areas) for a group of 20 to eat on their own? Like grill or picnic areas, or other indoor spaces? We are spread over 4 rooms and none of them are big enough to hold all of us. Thanks!
On the north end of the property is a picnic area, I think around a fire pit. Don't know if there are seats or picnic tables.

Last edited:

Hi! How were the covid restrictions? Was it difficult to be by the beach/pool and needing masks when walking away?
We are here now. For the most part, everyone is wearing masks and distancing. You wear your mask walking to and leaving pool but once in your seat you can take it off. Not a problem.

There were grills in the area across A1A. It’s been a long while since I’ve been there. There’s a tunnel under A1A and that’s how you access that side of the road.

Does Vero offer cribs, trundles, or pack'n'plays for the inn rooms? We're heading there next week, and our toddlers will not (or at least should not ...) share a bed. We could pack up our PeaPod, but wanted to save the space if something else is available.
Yes, there should be a pack n play in the closet. If there's not one there just call housekeeping and they'll bring you one. You can also request bed rails.

Interested in hearing the experiences of people who have stayed here with older teens (17). Looking to book a trip in March 2022 and want to try a DVC resort we haven't yet stayed at. Other than the pool and the beach, what have your older teens enjoyed there? how is the golf course that is mentioned on the website (for example, relative to the Disney World area courses). Are there a lot of bike trails there (like HHI) or are the bikes mainly to ride on the beach?

Just spent 2+ weeks at VB. Great place to isolate during Covid because there's not much around.

The beach is narrow and more broken shells and fluffier sand....not for biking. Wear beach shoes. You can rent chairs, umbrellas, kayaks.

The Jungle Trail is for walking/biking/vehicles. You can go north on JT for about 6-7 miles to a wildlife preserve where there are hiking trails or can go south on JT to where it come back out to A1A, about 10 miles. South has pretty views of river. We alternated walking south or north on A1A every day, there are sidewalks.

On campus are the pool, miniature golf, corn-hole, bike rentals, crafts including step-by-step painting, t-shirt painting, and hammocks. At the north end is a picnic area with, I think, a bonfire area. Across A1A (through a tunnel) is a lake with a trail around it and a sort of tiki-hut. Also tennis courts and maybe basketball.

So, if your teens are good at making their own fun, sports, etc. they can by happy. If they expect someone to show them a fun time, they may get bored. Pool staff does their best with pool games, bingo, trivia, etc.

I am trying to make my requests for our January/February trip in a 2 BR Lock Off. We had the best room 2 years ago and now I can't find the room number. We were building 15, 3rd floor. When you got off the elevator and took a right, it was the last 1BR/Studio combination facing the ocean. I think it may have been 1541 and 1540. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Due to COVID we aren't planning on going out and doing much, so a nice balcony with a beautiful view is very important to us.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a map of room locations.

Just reporting back in. Those rooms are 1438-1439 and 1538-1539. The best rooms on the property in my opinion.

Interested in hearing the experiences of people who have stayed here with older teens (17). Looking to book a trip in March 2022 and want to try a DVC resort we haven't yet stayed at. Other than the pool and the beach, what have your older teens enjoyed there? how is the golf course that is mentioned on the website (for example, relative to the Disney World area courses). Are there a lot of bike trails there (like HHI) or are the bikes mainly to ride on the beach?
Our older teen (17) says 3 days max at Vero.

It's been a long time... but thinking of driving down (have never driven) and staying at Vero. Have stayed in the OVIR and a glorious week in a BC. Kids were young and loved the pool area. Now we are empty nesters and thinking of going alone.

I’ve waitlisted one night at Vero, we just need more room for our family and I’m just crossing everything we get it. It’s a mid March Sat night. Anyone have any experience with this? I’m not solely relying on WL though. I’m checking several times a day as I had WL the Friday and ended up finding it and booking on my own.

ETA: I was able to snag a Deluxe room in the Inn this morning. Didn’t come through with my waitlist but with my persistent checking. We had 4 extra people coming last minute and I had no idea where they were going to stay Saturday night if something didn’t come through. So both of my waitlists didn’t come through on their own-I was able to book them both though. Hoping I can get a 2 bedroom instead of the separate rooms but if not at least we all have a place to stay and they are both in the Inn. We’re traveling as a family of 9. 2 of my SOs (26 and 22) adult kids and their significant others, us and 11 yo 7 yo and toddler. Should be fun 😀

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter