• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is something I learned from the dorms. We had 5 washers and dryers for about 200 students and we all did our laundry on the weekends. You either watched your laundry and moved it on time or retrieved it from a table. It was considered thoughtless to make others wait. Can't imagine wasting my vacation running back and forth to the laundry room while someone else is out having fun or resting while they leave their laundry is in the washers and dryers. A few minutes is one thing (hard to gage a machine that isn't your own!) but more than 20 minutes is being insensitive.
Vero beach is only 20 days away-Yippee!!!!

I'm with you! The first time I stayed at DVC, someone left there clothes in the wash for over an hour. I didn't take it out, because I felt weird about it, but those days are over for me! Now I wait about 5-10 min. and if you haven't come to take care of your laundry, it's going in the basket or on the table. I don't want to spend all day doing laundry! :laundy: It is my understanding, it is first come, first serve, and if there are units available I will use them all if I need to! I would expect the same from others.

Maybe it's time to put Fastpass
on the washers and dryers.
:rotfl: Love it Mike !

And yep...they do have laundry rooms on the cruise ships but there are like only 2-3 on the entire ship so you can imagine the competition.
Sorry to start this vent on the laundry at VB---but also glad to see there are some others that could see my side of it when I removed the laundry. That's so totally not like me too....but, like someone said, vacation time is precious :) ;)

We just got back from visiting Vero Resort for the first time. It was really nice and relaxing. All of the staff members we met were very friendly and really eager to please. The property was well kept and comfortable. When we arrived the front desk gave us first time vistors buttons and they also gave me one for celebrating my birthday. We went to the character breakfast on Saturday and that was fun. The pool was great too!!:cool2:

We just got back from visiting Vero Resort for the first time. It was really nice and relaxing. All of the staff members we met were very friendly and really eager to please. The property was well kept and comfortable. When we arrived the front desk gave us first time vistors buttons and they also gave me one for celebrating my birthday. We went to the character breakfast on Saturday and that was fun. The pool was great too!!:cool2:

Thanks for the report :thumbsup2

Poohfriend....glad u had a nice first stay !!! Thanks for reporting.

What kind of character breakfast is there?? I don't remember reading that.

It's a Goofy & Donald one at Shutters and only on Saturdays.......we had to cancel ours and never went. Had alot of things to do at dd's school (it was freshman move-in that week).
Here's a pic of the menu:

IMG_2333.jpg

thanks for the info on the character breakfast. We will be there on a Saturday too! I notice the phone number on the sign for advance reservations. How far in advance do you think they'll accept?? Anyone know?

I booked the brunch about a month in advance so I'm sure you can book this at any time. Good luck. I'm going for Columbus weekend and it seems to be booked for then. I thought I would be getting away from the crowds of the world but I know it is a big beach.

They also do the same Character breakfast during the week. I think its like a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Haven't posted in quite a while, but have been checking in for my Vero FIX!!! Just saw this was on page 4 and wanted to give it a little bump, we booked our Spring Break trip just after Labor day (this will be our 5th straight year), then found out some friends would like to come also, when I call MS they said that they are booked for the first full week of April. It was hard to explain to them that there isn't any availablity, when it is 6 months away, they just don't understand how it could be full this far into the future. They just don't get it.

I heard it put best once by Richyms (MHRIP) "for those that don't understand, no explaination will do, for those that do understand no explaination is necessary"!!!

Tom

We're counting down until our first trip to VB. I want to pack the car today but hubby thinks if I start now I won't stop-I'll just keep adding things. He's probably right! I am taking everyone's advice to stop and buy some chairs and an umbrella rather than rent them. I'm not planning on cooking during our 2 days-we'll try the restaurants there-but I was wondering if there is a liquor store close by.? I'd like to enjoy a bottle of wine while sitting on our balcony and I'd rather not tote one across country. Do we need to go to town or is it along the highway by the resort? Thanks for your help.

I called to book a ressie for Sonya's brunch yesterday but I forgot to ask about the dress code! Is this as formal as dinner?

The girl on the phone told me that they now serve brunch in Sonya's and Shutters so it must be quite popular.

When we were there on '07 the only dress code was no bathing suits, but as long as you had a cover up on it was fine.

9 more days to go until our first VB visit (and first DVC visit/use as well)! :yay: Thank you to everyone on this thread in providing so much information ... really was helpful for a first timer in planning and in the anticipation mode!

I just remembered what a silly question I posed. I asked about the location of a liquor store so we could pick up a bottle of wine. But, in Florida, all you need is the local Publix grocery store. And thanks to the great maps from fellow Dissers-I know where to find that.
This time next week, I hope to be reporting on our great trip to VB! Thanks for the good wishes!

Hey everyone….. time to close this thread I think. This has been a blast, but we’re upwards of 1000 posts now and I for one believe super long threads really weigh heavy on the forums. Also, a thread this large has a lot of info, but it can be overwhelming for people looking for info. DW surprised me yesterday and suggested we go back to VB in May. So my mind is already in 2009. :)

Tomorrow night (Tue 9/30) I am going to ask the mods to close the thread. So LAST CALL for any posts.

Starbox started this great thread. I just carried the torch for this year. I have suggested to MiaSRN62 that she be the next thread master. :flower3:

She has not given me an official “yes”, but I think she is receptive. So keep an eye open for the VB 2009 version coming to your Mouscellaneous board in the future.

Thanks to all who contributed! :thumbsup2

Hi Rob !
I will do my best to carry the torch. But, how do I go about it. Open a new thread and link this one to it ? I will work on it.

I heard it put best once by Richyms (MHRIP) "for those that don't understand, no explaination will do, for those that do understand no explaination is necessary"!!!
Hi Tom.....nice to have recalled a classic quote from Rich :thumbsup2

As for the no availability.....can't hurt to get on a waitlist. We had ours come through this summer when I went to add my son on. Also, there could be cash rooms available too if your friends are willing.

I just remembered what a silly question I posed. I asked about the location of a liquor store so we could pick up a bottle of wine. But, in Florida, all you need is the local Publix grocery store
RCHarney.....there's a CVS about 5 min away across the bridge that goes over the bay---they carry liqour as does every supermarket & Target along the way.......

So I'll get working on a new thread. Any help/advice/suggestions are welcomed !

see ya !

We're in Lake City now on our way to Vero this morning. I guess I'll post pictures and a trip report once a new thread is started. Talk to everyone soon!
Will it be named Vero Beach Adoration II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter