Vera Wang Pillow Top Mattress

windycitymom

DIS Veteran
Does anybody have the Vera Wang Pillowtop Mattress? How is it holding up for you? Do you like it? The one I'm looking at purchasing is the VW Anniversary California King mattress top (no box springs) for $863 (before taxes) which includes free delivery, set-up and removal of our old mattress. Is this a good price, but more importantly, has it held up for you over the years? Thanks.

We had to get a new mattress last year after DH broke his back in Iraq and we chose the Vera Wang firm mattress. I know you're asking about the pillow top so I can't speak for it but I LOVE our bed, I mean really, truly love it. We spent close to $1200 for a king size I think but that included the box springs. I seriously have a love affair with that bed though, I've never been so comfortable and supported in my life. I think it's a fairly new line so I'm not sure you're going to find a lot of people who can tell you how the line holds up. It's a serta though so I think they have a pretty good reputation.

I did post on the last thread about the Vera Wang mattresses but I'll post here too- We HATED ours! It was like heaven at first, for about 1yr. I suspect a $1200+ mattress should last more than 1yr!
We just recently had to purchade a new one. I made sure I got all the info on the warranty and we def did more research this time. We didn't spend that much more but are very happy with this purchase. Also, we didn't opt for pillowtop this time. We instead purchased a higher quality pillowtop mattress pad.

Just because you don't sleep directly on the box spring doesn't mean it shouldn't be replaced at the same interval as your mattress. If you are going to drop serious coin on a mattress then invest in the box spring.

While it's tempting to simply replace an old mattress with a new one directly on top of your old box springs, resist the urge. The combination is meant to work together for proper support and comfort. Although bed sizes are standardized, throwing a different type or brand of mattress onto an old box spring may mean that the two don't match perfectly; this can speed up wear on the mattress, and even cause it to slide back and forth slightly during the night. Not replacing the box spring could also affect a new mattress warranty.

Read more: Why Replace Box Springs? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5242615_replace-box-springs_.html#ixzz1DBzDe09b

While I don't have the OP's mattress, did want to comment on purchasing a pillow top mattress.

I flip our mattress a every month so it doesn't develop dents in the mattress itself. With the pilow top, you can only flip it one turn and then you are right back to where you started. With a non-pillow top, you can flip it 3 (or 4) times before you're right back to where you started from.

My daughter and her SO have a pillow top and after a little more than 3 years, it needs to be replaced because there are permanent indentions where they sleep. We've had our current mattress and box springs for more than 10 years. We could stand to buy a new set, but will definitely not buy a pillow top mattress. We may buy a pillow top mattress cover, if we decide we need that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter