• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegan vs Non Vegan

I was just about to recommend Vegan Disney World as well, such a great resource. The "Veg Disney" Facebook group is also really useful. :) I'm vegan and my boyfriend isn't. We booked with the free dining plan offer too and I'm so excited for all the food I'm going to eat! :P

Last year I visited WDW for the first time as a vegan and I was blown away by all the amazing vegan options available. It wasn't difficult at all to find something to eat as a vegan. I do recommend that your girlfriend checks out Vegan Disney World to prepare herself a little. There's no reason for you to skip your favorite restaurants, and hopefully you'll get to try some new ones too! I highly recommend Trail's End for dinner! :D

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Tangerine Cafe. It is in essence grilled meats, including chicken. It sounds like you are a meat and potatoes type of person, so give it a try.
We ate there for lunch and we both loved it! We may eat there again Thursday.

I've visited 3 times WDW and 3times DL with my wife, who is vegan, and I, am 100% carnivore.

We had disney dining plan every time in WDW.

There were absolutely no issues at all. Every single TS not only (usually) already had an item on the menu, but also could speak to the chef who would make something specific for my wife.

Ohana: she loved the vegan dish, i enjoyed the normal meat service.
Trails End: she loved chef TJ (now gone, but they apparently offer a similar experience to him), and I had the normal buffet (not my first choice, but ok and worth if for her great meal).
Tusker House: had a ton of stuff for her on the buffet itself

really, every TS works. CS spots, if there isnt a vegan option, just eat there yourself (flame tree bbq) and she can just stop at a different CS. It really doesnt take long.

dole whip is vegan and a treat you can both enjoy. if you want to eat breakfast out, kona cafe will be able to cater to both of you. (vegan tonga toast, vegan loco moco)

Glad to hear you went to tangerine cafe. its really pretty good (i already enjoy Mediterranean food).

apparently Chef TJ is at cape may right now (if you like seafood) and I can only assume he is still doing his fancy vegan meal, but don't go in expecting it to happen (he might not be there when you go, etc).

If you're at disney springs, blaze pizza (chain, but good...enough for what it is) has regular and also vegan cheese pizza.

the wave of american flavors created a great dish for her.

its really easy. just make sure to note as "allergy" on your reservation, and ask to speak to the chef.

In the parks, bringing food from one QS to another is no issue. I'm not sure about at disney springs since theyre actually different establishments altogether, but i always hold in my pocket that "if she can't bring that food in here, then you won't be getting my money". I havent said it, but im sure there won't be an issue.

I've visited 3 times WDW and 3times DL with my wife, who is vegan, and I, am 100% carnivore.

We had disney dining plan every time in WDW.

There were absolutely no issues at all. Every single TS not only (usually) already had an item on the menu, but also could speak to the chef who would make something specific for my wife.

Ohana: she loved the vegan dish, i enjoyed the normal meat service.
Trails End: she loved chef TJ (now gone, but they apparently offer a similar experience to him), and I had the normal buffet (not my first choice, but ok and worth if for her great meal).
Tusker House: had a ton of stuff for her on the buffet itself

really, every TS works. CS spots, if there isnt a vegan option, just eat there yourself (flame tree bbq) and she can just stop at a different CS. It really doesnt take long.

dole whip is vegan and a treat you can both enjoy. if you want to eat breakfast out, kona cafe will be able to cater to both of you. (vegan tonga toast, vegan loco moco)

Glad to hear you went to tangerine cafe. its really pretty good (i already enjoy Mediterranean food).

apparently Chef TJ is at cape may right now (if you like seafood) and I can only assume he is still doing his fancy vegan meal, but don't go in expecting it to happen (he might not be there when you go, etc).

If you're at disney springs, blaze pizza (chain, but good...enough for what it is) has regular and also vegan cheese pizza.

the wave of american flavors created a great dish for her.

its really easy. just make sure to note as "allergy" on your reservation, and ask to speak to the chef.
Thanks! We just got done eating at Blaze!

There are plenty of places that could satisfy both preferences. It won't be hard to find them with a little effort. Liberty Tree Tavern comes to mind, but there are many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter