Vegan vs Non Vegan

tguz

DIS Veteran
My girlfriend recently switched to eating Vegan and I have no interest in changing. We (had) our favorite places to eat at Disney World. We were planning on Polite Pig and Flame Tree BBQ (as two examples) but I don't think there are vegan options there. She now wants to eat at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco that I have no interest in. How does everyone else deal with this issue without causing issues? I don't feel like I should give up my favorite restaurants yet I want her to be able to eat as she wishes too. For example, would it be ok for her to bring in a vegan meal from elsewhere to eat with me at the Polite Pig? I have been looking at menus and this many only impact a few meals but it could be a problem.

The sides at Polite Pig are REALLY good. I am a vegetarian, my family all carnivores. I am not 100% sure they are all vegan, but probably some are. So, she can make a lunch out of the sides. Compromise #1.

Tangerine - let her get what she wants, you go get what you want, meet in the middle. Beauty of QS - you can take it to go..

The sides at Polite Pig are REALLY good. I am a vegetarian, my family all carnivores. I am not 100% sure they are all vegan, but probably some are. So, she can make a lunch out of the sides. Compromise #1.

Tangerine - let her get what she wants, you go get what you want, meet in the middle. Beauty of QS - you can take it to go..
Polite Pig and Flame Tree both have nothing listed as vegan but we will ask. On another note, we are on the dining plan so I am not sure she will be able to get something vegan if it is an appetizer, maybe if it is a side or they would work with our situation. I already had planned to get her food at Morocco and then we would walk to the American Adventure for my food and eat there (or vice versa) but the Liberty Inn is closed for a refurb. I guess I could try and get pizza in the Italy Pavilion if it is regular pizza and not the "gourmet" pizza. Anything farther than that, someone will be eating a cold meal or a soggy one. I may just have to eat at Morocco at this mean and maybe I will like it. Thx for your suggestions.

My girlfriend recently switched to eating Vegan and I have no interest in changing. We (had) our favorite places to eat at Disney World. We were planning on Polite Pig and Flame Tree BBQ (as two examples) but I don't think there are vegan options there. She now wants to eat at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco that I have no interest in. How does everyone else deal with this issue without causing issues? I don't feel like I should give up my favorite restaurants yet I want her to be able to eat as she wishes too. For example, would it be ok for her to bring in a vegan meal from elsewhere to eat with me at the Polite Pig? I have been looking at menus and this many only impact a few meals but it could be a problem.
That truly sucks. Lol. Sorry, but thats a huge change in the way you do disney. I'd be bummed out about it too.

Since Polite Pig is a QS, i dont think there would be any issues if she brought her food inside and ate it with you. As for Tangerine cafe, they have really good food there. I'd give it a shot. :)

That truly sucks. Lol. Sorry, but thats a huge change in the way you do disney. I'd be bummed out about it too.

Since Polite Pig is a QS, i dont think there would be any issues if she brought her food inside and ate it with you. As for Tangerine cafe, they have really good food there. I'd give it a shot. :)
Thanks. I have been thinking that I probably should try the Tangerine Cafe given the situation with Liberty Inn being closed.

Check out the vegan/vegetarian thread if you haven't already.

I'm wondering if you might be better off NOT getting the dining plan, mainly because you're overpaying for greens.
It was the free dining offer so it is still worth it rather than a room only discount. My son will be with us also who eats like an adult. Haha.

It was the free dining offer so it is still worth it rather than a room only discount. My son will be with us also who eats like an adult. Haha.

One idea is to pay OOP for her food if the dining plan won't work and reallocate her credits to split between you and your son.

Polite Pig and Flame Tree both have nothing listed as vegan but we will ask. On another note, we are on the dining plan so I am not sure she will be able to get something vegan if it is an appetizer, maybe if it is a side or they would work with our situation. I already had planned to get her food at Morocco and then we would walk to the American Adventure for my food and eat there (or vice versa) but the Liberty Inn is closed for a refurb. I guess I could try and get pizza in the Italy Pavilion if it is regular pizza and not the "gourmet" pizza. Anything farther than that, someone will be eating a cold meal or a soggy one. I may just have to eat at Morocco at this mean and maybe I will like it. Thx for your suggestions.
1563225096923.png

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Tangerine Cafe. It is in essence grilled meats, including chicken. It sounds like you are a meat and potatoes type of person, so give it a try.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Tangerine Cafe. It is in essence grilled meats, including chicken. It sounds like you are a meat and potatoes type of person, so give it a try.
Thanks, I think I will give it a shot!

My 2¢ - any relationship is about give and take. My wife is a meat & potato woman, I'm much more the type to enjoy some ethnic options. Over the years we've learned to give and take. While Tangerine might not be your 1st choice, I'm 100% sure you can find some things you enjoy. In turn your girlfriend may need to find somethings at another restaurant that isn't high on her list. Best of luck!

When are you going? If you are travelling during a festival you could create some new memories eating around epcot world showcase. DH is massively into sweet food and I really only eat savoury (not the same thing but you get the gist) and we just walk together making our own food choices.
You want a holiday you will both remember fondly and food shouldn't ruin it for either of you 😊😊😊

When are you going? If you are travelling during a festival you could create some new memories eating around epcot world showcase. DH is massively into sweet food and I really only eat savoury (not the same thing but you get the gist) and we just walk together making our own food choices.
You want a holiday you will both remember fondly and food shouldn't ruin it for either of you 😊😊😊
We are going in less than 2 weeks so there won’t be a festival. Food won’t ruin it but I appreciate your point, thank you. This will be very different for us this year but Disney is our happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter