Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

where else do you all follow the latest information on parks vegetarian/vegan options besides this thread?
I'm a vlog follower, and I like these two channels for current veg*n info and reviews: Melissa at Vegan Disney World and The Princess and the Bear. The first one has nice, short videos of pretty good quality, and she's very critical — she doesn't mince words if she doesn't like something or thinks it's not worth the money. The second one is a couple: the "princess" is vegan, and the "bear" is an omnivore, so they cover both sides of each restaurant they review. An especially good channel if you're traveling with a mixed-diet party.

Kids entrees at Be Our Guest. None are listed on the menu. What was your experience for Vegan meals for kids at BOG?

I tried posting this in the main board but didn't get any responses so I'll try here...

If you're a vegetarian and you don't like the veggie option on the CRT menu, will they make you something else? At Disneyland I've commonly experienced them offering to make me pasta or an adult size version of a kids meal option. Any experiences with that?

I tried posting this in the main board but didn't get any responses so I'll try here...

If you're a vegetarian and you don't like the veggie option on the CRT menu, will they make you something else? At Disneyland I've commonly experienced them offering to make me pasta or an adult size version of a kids meal option. Any experiences with that?
We have not been to CRT since my vegetarian daughter was a child, but I have at The Wave and Marrakesh . In fact, both insisted that they make an adult version for my (then) teen vegetarian. She would have been happy with the child size at the time.

We are planning a visit to Yak & Yeti on our upcoming trip. Any recommendations for either vegetarian items on the menu, or items on the menu that are not specifically vegetarian that they can modify to make vegetarian?

Thanks!!

We are planning a visit to Yak & Yeti on our upcoming trip. Any recommendations for either vegetarian items on the menu, or items on the menu that are not specifically vegetarian that they can modify to make vegetarian?

Thanks!!
Hi, @olive! I'm vegan and Y&Y is one of my go-to places. You're a vegetarian, so you have even more choices, like the wok-fried string beans, which are fantastic (but not vegan, so they're not in my current plan, but they are vegetarian).

My fave item there is the sweet & sour. It's listed as chicken, but they will make it with tofu instead--you have to ask to speak with the specialty chef--and it's really wonderful. Comes with very tasty rice. Filling, pretty, and delish.

There are a couple of other chicken dishes they'll make with tofu instead. I believe they have a miso chicken dish that you can get tofu instead of the chicken with.

Enjoy!

Calling any vegan who's been recently.

I've never done mobile ordering so I've been checking around and, for example, I don't see the option to order the "allergy" waffles at Gasparilla Grill. The regular waffles aren't vegan but the allergy waffles are. I guess I'm going to have to go there in person . . . unless someone here knows the secret code!

Are there are vegan options that aren't listed on mobile order? And, if so, is there a list of these somewhere? Many thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these pressing questions.

Hi, @olive! I'm vegan and Y&Y is one of my go-to places. You're a vegetarian, so you have even more choices, like the wok-fried string beans, which are fantastic (but not vegan, so they're not in my current plan, but they are vegetarian).

My fave item there is the sweet & sour. It's listed as chicken, but they will make it with tofu instead--you have to ask to speak with the specialty chef--and it's really wonderful. Comes with very tasty rice. Filling, pretty, and delish.

There are a couple of other chicken dishes they'll make with tofu instead. I believe they have a miso chicken dish that you can get tofu instead of the chicken with.

Enjoy!

Ooh, this is so exciting! Thank you for the report. :) I definitely had the wok fried string beans on my list. I am so excited that they will sub tofu in some dishes. This almost makes me want to try to eat at Y&Y twice...

Ooh, this is so exciting! Thank you for the report. :) I definitely had the wok fried string beans on my list. I am so excited that they will sub tofu in some dishes. This almost makes me want to try to eat at Y&Y twice...
You will not be alone in that. My sister and I are definitely planning to. It's also a beautiful place.

BTW, if you join Landry's--it's like $25 or thereabouts--you don't have to make an ADR. Just walk up to the front desk (or whatever system they now have in place--haven't been since covid) and flash your card and you get priority. Plus, I think you basically get your money back on the first meal you have there. Landry's also works at Rainforest, if you're going there.

ETA: Another place that doesn't seem to have anything vegan is Grand Floridian Cafe. They will make their miso salmon with tofu and it is heaven. It's not on the menu.

Calling any vegan who's been recently.

I've never done mobile ordering so I've been checking around and, for example, I don't see the option to order the "allergy" waffles at Gasparilla Grill. The regular waffles aren't vegan but the allergy waffles are. I guess I'm going to have to go there in person . . . unless someone here knows the secret code!

Are there are vegan options that aren't listed on mobile order? And, if so, is there a list of these somewhere? Many thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these pressing questions.

https://vegandisneyworld.com/ keeps pretty current, and lists some off-menu/alteration options. Not all alterations and allergy menus are in the app. Example- younglings dippers at Docking Bay 7 is vegan except for the ranch dressing. There’s no way to order without ranch. So work around is order but before hit i’m here, ask to speak to allergy coordinator to 1) ensure dish is vegan if it doesn’t have the plant symbol and 2) get them to leave the ranch off. BTW, allergy coordinator was unaware that the rest of the dish was vegan. I’d read about it online and he first told me no it’s not but then read the ingredients and learned it is.

https://vegandisneyworld.com/ keeps pretty current, and lists some off-menu/alteration options. Not all alterations and allergy menus are in the app. Example- younglings dippers at Docking Bay 7 is vegan except for the ranch dressing. There’s no way to order without ranch. So work around is order but before hit i’m here, ask to speak to allergy coordinator to 1) ensure dish is vegan if it doesn’t have the plant symbol and 2) get them to leave the ranch off. BTW, allergy coordinator was unaware that the rest of the dish was vegan. I’d read about it online and he first told me no it’s not but then read the ingredients and learned it is.
Thanks, @only hope. I'm subscribed to that. I was just wondering about mobile ordering, but I'll find out while I'm there and shall report back.

You will not be alone in that. My sister and I are definitely planning to. It's also a beautiful place.

BTW, if you join Landry's--it's like $25 or thereabouts--you don't have to make an ADR. Just walk up to the front desk (or whatever system they now have in place--haven't been since covid) and flash your card and you get priority. Plus, I think you basically get your money back on the first meal you have there. Landry's also works at Rainforest, if you're going there.

ETA: Another place that doesn't seem to have anything vegan is Grand Floridian Cafe. They will make their miso salmon with tofu and it is heaven. It's not on the menu.

It is so hard to know about the options that aren't listed! I remember years ago going to Ohana because I had read on these boards that Chef TJ would make you something special. :) And he did! Thanks for the tip about GFC. We are staying at the Contemporary so it is really nearby.

I am definitely planning on getting the Landry's card. My kids want to go to TRex. I wasn't even expecting to be able to get anything there really, though I did see a salad and beyond burger on the menu. We weren't able to get a reservation at Yak & Yeti or TRex, even at 60 days out, so I was hoping the card would be able to get us seated.

for lunch as a vegan in dhs swe would you guys recommend docking bay 7 or ronto roosters (spelling not sure right?!)....and why....

the change of menu for the plaza restaurant main st. mk doesn't look appealing to me as a vegan. glad they got rid of the wedge salad but i'm just tired of fake burgers no matter what the brand. can't someone at disney have an amazing salad area like art of salad and people can enjoy great salads for lunch?! with variety of types of choose from?!

I like the plant-based "meats," but I agree that it isn't something I want for every meal. However, it's so much better than only being offered pasta for every meal! That happened to me one trip. I went to Hoop De Doo, and they gave me a plate of pasta. I went to Liberty Tree Tavern, and they gave me a plate of pasta. I went to Be Our Guest, and they have me 6 pieces of ravioli pasta in corn water. It was horrible. So, I'm nothing but grateful for Disney for offering some plant based "meats" at restaurants because it's SUCH an improvement. However, that said, I miss being able to get quinoa burgers (I think that's what they were... I got them at Coronado a couple times). I prefer quinoa and black bean burgers to getting Beyond Meat, Impossible, or Boca all the time. Still, I'll keep ordering them because I hope Disney keeps these options around.

for lunch as a vegan in dhs swe would you guys recommend docking bay 7 or ronto roosters (spelling not sure right?!)....and why....

DB7 has three choices including the two kids meals while Ronto has just one. Either way mobile order early as they are both very popular. If you’re looking for something closer to whole foods, the dippers kids meal is probably the healthiest thing in the park. Just check with the allergy coordinator to ensure its still vegan as it isn’t listed as such; last time I ate there just the ranch wasn’t, though now the menu calls it “ranch” which may mean it is vegan ranch and they just haven’t updated the offering to say plant-based.

I have very recently transitioned to a vegan diet and have an upcoming trip in July. This thread has been very helpful! This may be a stupid question, but is all WDW popcorn vegan?

If anyone wants dinner show vegan info, I just finished doing the offsite Pirates Dinner Adventure and Sleuth's Mystery shows. B/c of my dairy allergy, I had the vegan menus at each (it was the only way they could accommodate) and I can let you know how it went, what got served and how it was (although I didn't take pics, but really, umm, the best parts, the entrees, were already depicted online:))...let me know if this is the right place or if it's better in the offsite thread...

PS - My tree nut allergy and mango issues did not matter at either place, b/c neither serves nuts in anything, if anyone needed that info:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter