Value Resorts and Inside Staterooms? Bah Humbug! 30 days of Disney fun! 02/10 Day 30

3 times...Thats nothing. I think my DD paige rode it like 10 times in a row one year, and we all took turns riding with her, (or we would've gotten sick. LOL ) :sick:

3 times...Thats nothing. I think my DD paige rode it like 10 times in a row one year, and we all took turns riding with her, (or we would've gotten sick. LOL ) :sick:

We were happy to walk right on for three times. Not that we could not ride it more than three times, but I am not one who likes long lines! :rotfl2:

And I think I would LOVE your daughter - we love to ride it over and over again (but only if there isn't too much of a wait).

I seriously have to get on ToT one of these days. I'm thinking it might happen in April, when I can spend some time on the more adult attractions. :lmao:

And the picture of you with the giant Mickey hand waving is priceless! :thumbsup2

I seriously have to get on ToT one of these days. I'm thinking it might happen in April, when I can spend some time on the more adult attractions. :lmao:

And the picture of you with the giant Mickey hand waving is priceless! :thumbsup2

You definitely have to fit it in in April, Tina! It is so much fun!

Well, waving a giant Mickey hand sure gets you plenty of attention from the cruisers! :rotfl2:

Day 28, September 10

And where the heck is the Magic Kingdom? - Part 2

We still had to hand out a few gifts, so we went back to the villa and chilled for a while, then picked up our gifts and went to Downtown Disney hoping we would be able to deliver them.
And we were in luck, once we entered the restaurant we saw CJ and after we had placed our order we handed him our presents. He couldn’t believe it, and thanked us over and over again. We then went in search for a table, found one and waited for our entrees to come out. It took only a little time until they were delivered.
Tom had ordered

IMG_8077.jpg

the Meatball & Peppers Wood Fired Pizza - house-made meatballs, mozzarella, fontina and tomato basil-garlic sauce. A very "unusual" combination for us Europeans, but he had had it before and had really liked it, and this time it did not disappoint either. I wanted to try something new,

IMG_8075.jpg

the Crispy Chicken Tenders & French Fries. Well, not really something new to me, but a first ordering it at WPE. We were just starting to dig in when Mariza arrived, came over to greet us and offered to get some dipping sauces for the chicken tenders. While she went to get the sauces we pulled out her presents and once she got back we handed them to her. She just could not believe that we had actually brought her presents. She hugged both of us

IMG_8084.jpg

and showed us a photo of her little son, who would get some of the cookies we had brought her and she would share the rum cake with her husband.
We were having a fun conversation but after a while she insisted we finish our meals and chat a little later, so our meals would not get cold. We did as we were told to and finished our lunch.
Mariza was quick to take away the lunch plates and serve

IMG_8081.jpg

the Crème Brulee that was still on order, refill the drinks and then stayed a while to chat some more. Once we were ready to leave she came over and handed us one of WPE’s chewy brownies as a return.
She was just so sweet and hugged us again when we left. We then walked to the Once Upon A Toy store and when we were done window shopping we saw some of the Fairy Godmothers in training of the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique lead a load of fresh little princesses to the carousel.
They all rode it together and had the greatest fun.

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8090.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

We had never seen anything like it before and it was really special and sweet. We wanted to join Mary Ellen and Joe at the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon, but before that we had some mail we needed to get to the Post office, so we drove over to Crossroads and posted everything.

OK Karin, I don't know where this will wind up showing up.
I am responding to your trip to Vienna with the kids.
You NEED to explain a 5D movie to me.
Where are the responses from your bonus trips landing?

OK Karin, I don't know where this will wind up showing up.
I am responding to your trip to Vienna with the kids.
You NEED to explain a 5D movie to me.
Where are the responses from your bonus trips landing?

Found you! :goodvibes

I actually borrowed the term 5D movie from the cinema we went to, without giving it much thought. ;)
So I looked it up and here is the explanation.
It's a regular 3D movie (glasses and all) but then they have seats that move constantly to give you the idea of really experiencing what you see on the screen.
Now, to top it all off they include smells and even spray some water on you now and then.
Think - there is an animal sneezing and you can feel it sneeze on you! :rotfl2:

Day 28, September 10

And where the heck is the Magic Kingdom? - Part 3

We wanted to join Mary Ellen and Joe at the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon, but before that we had some mail we needed to get to the Post office, so we drove over to Crossroads and posted everything.
After that we thought we would take a shortcut to the MK, but realized too late that we had missed the actual road. So we looked for a spot where we could stop, stopped, programmed the GPS and off we went. We had been driving for a while and the distance to the Magic Kingdom seemed large, but were sure the GPS would be right.
So we drove and drove and drove and ended up at the Cast Member Entrance right BEHIND the Magic Kingdom. Once we realized how lost we had gotten we stopped again and this time used the Contemporary Resort as our point of interest.

IMG_8091.jpg

It took us about 45 minutes to get back to the Contemporary and during the drive we asked ourselves more than once, “Where the heck is the Magic Kingdom”. :rotfl2:
It became a running gag and once we were back on “known” Disney property we followed the overhead signs.

IMG_8092.jpg

We had called Mary Ellen and Joe to let them know we were on our way, but we had gone REALLY wrong.

IMG_8094.jpg

Once we were back at the Magic Kingdom we parked the car and hurried over to meet with our friends. We were really thirsty so we picked up

IMG_8096-1.jpg

a Raspberry Lemonade Slush and some water and headed inside Cosmic Ray’s. There we sat for a while, enjoyed our drinks and each others company and since the park was pretty crowded around mid afternoon we decided to pack up and leave the park and drive over to our villa for some coffee, drinks and cookies.
Nearly everything was packed by then and we still had a few yummy treats which we wanted to share.

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

We sat and talked for quite a while and then we got ready for our dinner at Flying Fish.
It was a late dinner and we wanted to head over to Epcot for Extra Magic Hours. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told they were running behind and we had to wait for about 20 minutes.
I tried to reach Sophia, whom I had met on the DISboards and who we wanted to meet after dinner. I couldn’t reach her first time around, but I would try later. We had waited for about 20 minutes when we were called inside and seated towards the back of the restaurant.
Our server introduced himself and talked us through the menu. While we were still trying to decide on what to order our server brought

IMG_8103.jpg

a basket of slightly warm bread and

IMG_8104.jpg

some butter.
All of us tried it and deemed it very nice. Then it was time to order appetizers. Since we knew it was so much food, we shared with Mary Ellen and Joe again. So we ordered

IMG_8105.jpg

the Flying Fish Cafe "Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake" - Savory Vegetable Slaw, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Ancho Chile Rémoulade and

IMG_8107.jpg

the Special Thunder Appetizer - Herb and Fennel Pollen-roasted Maine Lobster Salad, Fennel, Cucumber, Asian Greens, Yuzu Essence, Lobster Vinaigrette, with Fennel and Dill Emulsion, which was delicious.
And right after we had ordered our starters I was able to reach Sophia and we decided to meet after our dinner.
For their main course Mary Ellen and Joe both ordered

IMG_8112.jpg

the Flying Fish Café "Char-crusted Certified Black Angus New York Strip Steak" - Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Root Vegetables, and Pole Beans, with Classic Sauce Foyot. Tom had decided on

IMG_8116.jpg

the Oak-grilled Maine Diver Scallops - Artichoke, Fresh and Sun-dried Tomato, Basil, Pecorino Romano and Mascarpone-laced Risotto di Carnarolli,with Proscuitto di Parma Cracklins while I ordered

IMG_8114.jpg

the Citrus Pepper crusted Yellowfin Tuna "a la Nicoise". Fingerling Potatoes, Haricot Verts, Nicoise Olives, Artichokes, Fennel and Tiny Tomatoes, and a rich Vegetable Nage. When it came to dessert our friends chose

IMG_8120.jpg

the Trio of Seasonal House-made Sorbets - with Fresh Plant City Berries, and Vanilla-laced Cookies for dessert. It reminded me very much of various other sorbets. Tom surprised me with his choice. He ordered

IMG_8124.jpg

the White Chocolate-Bing Cherry Creme Brulee, Cherry and candied Fennel Compote, Housemade Maraschino Cherries and Anise Biscotti while I wanted to try

IMG_8126.jpg

the Sinful Flourless Dark Chocolate Creation, Fresh Summer Crop Raspberries, Raspberry Coulis, and Riesling and Cherry Gelee with Chocolate Accentuations. We thoroughly enjoyed our last dinner at Walt Disney World and once we had finished it, we slowly made our way over to the International Gateway.

DSC_0899.jpg

Extra Magic Hours were in full swing by then and we had to show our room keys in order to get in. Once inside the park we called Sophia and she and her family were in line to ride Test Track so this was where we were to meet.
All of us tried to get over there as fast as possible and we only waited a few minutes and then they left the ride.
There is something really amazing about meeting DISfriends, there is an instant bond and feeling of friendship with them. We all introduced ourselves, then chatted and hugged and all too soon our ways parted again.

DSC_0902.jpg

By then it was getting late and we wanted to at least fit in a few rides but lines were long, so we walked around, went to visit Nemo and finally went on Spaceship Earth.
When we got off the ride it was time to leave the park and since we were at the front of the park everyone thought that we would just take a bus to the resorts we wanted to go to.
Mary Ellen and Joe easily found their bus to Wilderness Lodge and we hugged and said goodbye as we did not know if we would see them again this vacation and we went on to find a bus back to the Boardwalk.
We were pointed to a bus stop that served “all other resorts” and waited. And waited and waited some more.
It was way past midnight and we were getting nervous when out of the blue a bus drove up and asked where we wanted to go.
We told him that we wanted to go to the Boardwalk and he told us to hop in. There was another five minute wait to see if there would be any other passengers and then we were off.
We had the whole bus all to ourselves and a fun and chatty driver. Once we got off at the Boardwalk we handed him a tip, which he refused at first, but then accepted as we told him this had been the largest taxi we had ever ridden in. :lmao:
A quick walk over to our car and by 1am we were back at our villa. We were far too tired to do the rest of the packing and left it for the next morning.

I'm tired just reading about your day...but it was fun, thats for sure...and I would be just as busy!!!

I'm tired just reading about your day...but it was fun, thats for sure...and I would be just as busy!!!

It was a long tiring day, but so much fun meeting Sophia and spending time with Mary Ellen and Joe.
And we always go into commando mode the last few days of a trip - trying to fit in what we did NOT do the last 3 1/2 weeks. :rotfl2:

Day 29, September 11

See ya again real soon! - Part 1

We didn’t get up as early as we had thought we would and by the time we should have been at our breakfast ADR we were still trying to fit all our belongings into our luggage.
Once we had realized we would not be able to make it in time we had then slowed down and decided to be out of the villa at around 11. We packed, checked everywhere for forgotten things again and then headed out the door shortly before 11am.

IMG_8177.jpg

I called Mary Ellen and Joe once we were in the car and they were on their way to the Magic Kingdom so we all decided to have lunch their together.
Once we had arrived we met up with them and we headed over to Columbia Harbour House. They were pretty packed and Cast Members were pointing guests towards the lines, which moved pretty fast. In very short time we were able to pick up our trays of food and move upstairs to find a table. Luckily we found one pretty easily and started to enjoy our food.

IMG_8137.jpg

Joe had

IMG_8135.jpg

the Fried Fish Basket served with French Fries. Mary Ellen had

IMG_8136.jpg

the Fried Shrimp Basket served with Coleslaw and French Fries as well. Tom and I shared another

IMG_8138.jpg

Fried Shrimp Basket served with Coleslaw and French Fries. There was a generous amount of shrimp, fried to a golden crisp and they were really good. The other dish we shared was the

IMG_8142.jpg

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun plus it came with a bag of

IMG_8141.jpg

Chips. We all chose

IMG_8140.jpg

the Apple Crisp as our dessert and while it is pretty nice I still wish they would serve it warm.
After lunch we got in line for one more ride in the Haunted Mansion’s Doom Buggies, before we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean

IMG_8146.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

and a final ride on the Peoplemover.

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

We still had a some time left and instead of getting on another ride we decided to pick up another drink and chat for a while before going home. So we picked up another

IMG_8163.jpg

Raspberry Lemonade Slush and some

IMG_8164.jpg

Diet Coke and sat at the back of Cosmic Ray’s again, where there was lots of free tables. Time just flew by and all too soon it was time to say our final goodbyes to Mary Ellen and Joe.

Looks like a really fun last day! Oh...to be on the Peoplemover again. Very soon! :goodvibes

We really enjoyed it, especially since we could spend it with Mary Ellen and Joe.
Tom and I LOVE the Peoplemover. Such a wonderful little ride and lots of dark areas - nice for 40 winks! :rotfl2:

Oh no, the last day! I need to try that raspberry lemonade, it looks good.

Yip, last Disney day! I cannot believe I have actually nearly made it through ALL of 2010's trip report! :thumbsup2
I really need to finish it, before I can start my next one at the end of February! :rotfl2:

You have never tried the Raspberry Lemonade Slush, Jen? Oh my, so good, so tart, perfect on a hot summer day! You really need to try it when you visit next.

Day 29, September 11

See ya again real soon! - Part 2

Time just flew by and all too soon it was time to say our final goodbyes to Mary Ellen and Joe. Tom and I headed to the front of the park

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

and over to our car and off we went to our ceremonial last lunch at Walt Disney World, which we always have at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
We were truly lucky to find a parking space really close to the restaurant and headed over. None of our favourite cast members there were working, but we had said our goodbyes before and so we just ordered, picked up our drinks and found a table. It did not take long for our food to be delivered. Tom ordered

IMG_8186.jpg

the Barbecued Chicken Pizza - grilled red onion, cilantro and smokey barbecue sauce and I wanted to try something new for us,

IMG_8185.jpg

the Traditional Margherita Pizza - with torn basil. A very basic, cheese, tomato and basil pizza, but it was really good.
Needless to say we could not leave without dessert, so I went with my all time favourite,

IMG_8188.jpg

the Crème Brulee and Tom ordered

IMG_8191.jpg

the Frozen Vanilla Yogurt topped with Strawberries.
Unfortunately once we had finished our meal there wasn’t much time left and so we went to the car and got out the bag with the change of clothes, then went to the restrooms to get changed.
The shorts went into the packed luggage and off we went.

IMG_8192.jpg

The drive to the airport was uneventful and all too soon we had to say goodbye to our wonderful Camaro.

IMG_8194.jpg

All our stuff was packed onto a cart and then we joined the line for check in. Amazingly enough the line moved pretty quickly and we had soon handed over our luggage and were free to look around the airport.
We browsed the shops

IMG_8195.jpg

and still had plenty of time to spare, so when we saw a Krispy Kreme store we just could not resist and walked over to place an order. Tom got some

IMG_8196.jpg

flavoured coffee, which he deemed undrinkable and he was right - that stuff was not good! And our order of doughnuts was equally horrible.

IMG_8198.jpg

They were hard and tasted like they had been lying around there for days. Two bites later they met their fate in the bin. There was nothing left to do for us, so we queued up for security and walked into the departure area.
We browsed a little more and then found a seat to wait for our flight to be called. Since there was wireless internet available we checked our mail and then it was time to get on board.
It took some time until we left with a little delay, but once we had reached cruising altitude we were handed some Snacks and drinks. Everyone was handed a

IMG_8201.jpg

small bag of crackers and Tom wanted some Diet Coke and I had some water. We watched TV until dinner was served about two hours into the flight.

IMG_8204.jpg

The plate looked nice, there was

IMG_8209.jpg

a small Salad with some Caesar dressing

IMG_8210.jpg

and our main course was

IMG_8212.jpg

pasta with 2 sauces. One was a creamy, cheesy mushroom sauce and the other a sun dried tomato pesto. As always the pasta was a bit overcooked and the sauces were a little bland, but we were not really hungry anyway. For dessert we had a

IMG_8207.jpg

Tiramisu like cake, which was nice, with a strong coffee flavour. After the trays were cleared we both took some sleeping aid pills and went off to dream about our Walt Disney World vacation.

Day 30, September 12

Back to reality!

We slept quite well for a few hours and woke up shortly before breakfast was served. There was just time to freshen up a bit and then we were already handed our breakfast trays.

IMG_8214.jpg

First off we had

IMG_8215.jpg

a small bowl of cold fruit. Tom got my melon bits and I got his grapes. Everyone got

IMG_8216.jpg

an anaemic looking roll, which was cold and stale. I kept it on the hot breakfast container toasting it a bit while I was eating my fruit. There was some butter and grape jelly to go with the roll as well. Then it was time to open the container of warm food. It contained

IMG_8217.jpg

an under seasoned omelette, some tasteless limp breakfast potatoes and some diced green peppers, mixed with diced onions and tomatoes. You could tell this was no longer Disney food! But everyone was hungry after six hours of flight and still two hours to go, so most of the food was consumed.

IMG_8220.jpg

Time really drags on, on the flight home, but we finally made it to Frankfurt airport. We got off the plane, went through passport check and on to the gate for next short flight.
There is not much you can do in the gate area, so we just sat there, trying to stay awake, which was hard after only 3 – 4 hours sleep and now a delayed flight. But finally we were ready to go down to the bus which took us to the planes parking area.
We found our seats and while we still waited for some late passengers to get on already drifted off to sleep. We woke up when the plane moved and soon we were on the runway and took off.

IMG_8223.jpg

Thankfully this is only a 50 minute flight and since they serve drinks and snacks the flight attendants were quick at hand and we were served some drinks and

IMG_8221.jpg

some little vanilla and chocolate snack cakes. Soon after we had finished our snack it was announced that we were soon landing in Linz.

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8228.jpg

IMG_8229-1.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

The airport here is pretty small, so we just walked over to the arrivals hall, picked up our luggage and walked out to the taxi stand. There were no taxis so Tom called one and we were soon on our way back home. Well, and that is actually the end of our summer vacation 2010. We were back to reality!

And FINALLY, after a year and a half this trip report is complete!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for reading!

CONGRATULATIONS Karin!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Another wonderful report finished!!!! :yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I was cracking up at the actual FOOD you had on the plane- United/Continental always has the savory box or chips- THAT'S IT! I wonder if they'll have a little more than that on our 10 1/2 hour flight to Hawaii this summer, or if I should pack sandwiches so as not to starve! :rotfl:

Excellent report, as always-

E:goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS Karin!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Another wonderful report finished!!!! :yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I was cracking up at the actual FOOD you had on the plane- United/Continental always has the savory box or chips- THAT'S IT! I wonder if they'll have a little more than that on our 10 1/2 hour flight to Hawaii this summer, or if I should pack sandwiches so as not to starve! :rotfl:

Excellent report, as always-

E:goodvibes

Thank you, Ellen! :goodvibes
I cannot believe I actually finished this baby! :rotfl2: But I kind of had to .... I want to start a report for our upcoming trip ....... SOON! :rolleyes1

You really need to let us all know what they feed you on your flight to Hawaii - Lufthansa still is pretty good when it comes to catering, but I wasn't impressed with United (their partner carrier) when we did several flights all across the US a few years ago.

How wonderful to have a vacation report to last so long!!! You did a great job, I loved it even more because I was a little part of it!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter