Vaccine proof

Bjn10

Mouseketeer
So I’m sure I’m overthinking this but we are scheduled to sail on Adventure out of Nassau in August. I have been fully vaccinated and on the F&A it states that the original CDC card for vaccines must be shown however are site never issued any and informed us that we can go to are local health department and have are immunization records printed. I have yet to get a straight answer from RC to if this is also an acceptable document it shows my vaccine type and date signed and stamped.

You're in uncharted waters. Please let us know how it turns out. :sail:

So I’m sure I’m overthinking this but we are scheduled to sail on Adventure out of Nassau in August. I have been fully vaccinated and on the F&A it states that the original CDC card for vaccines must be shown however are site never issued any and informed us that we can go to are local health department and have are immunization records printed. I have yet to get a straight answer from RC to if this is also an acceptable document it shows my vaccine type and date signed and stamped.
RCCL stated recently backed down on that requirement to comply with the law in Florida. I would expect that it applies to all of their cruises now.

RCCL stated recently backed down on that requirement to comply with the law in Florida. I would expect that it applies to all of their cruises now.
I am almost certain that the requirements for the Adventure of the Seas cruises out of the Bahamas will not be changing. I am pretty certain they will still be requiring vaccines for that cruise. I would be surprised if that changed.

I would ask for my document from the health department. You may never need it, but at least that way you have it.

(Isn't that just for Florida?)

Yes but they also have just announced that guests who would not present proof of vaccination will have to pay a fee to cover the costs of testing and other measures.

Quite the motivation to try to get the best proof available.

Source: RoyalCaribbeanBlog

Royal changes their mind everyday. At this point I wouldn’t give any of these cruise lines my money. Whatever policy you agree to when you book your cruise may change tens times before you board.

I did get some clarification that when it’s says the CDC card this is an example proof from a health department or doctor works as well

On their Florida cruises, RC says that unvaccinated passengers will be subject to periodic testing at their own expense and must wear a mask. How do they know who is vaccinated and who's not if they can't ask for proof of vaccination???

On their Florida cruises, RC says that unvaccinated passengers will be subject to periodic testing at their own expense and must wear a mask. How do they know who is vaccinated and who's not if they can't ask for proof of vaccination???

From Michael Bayley's facebook post (bolding is mine):

For Freedom, Odyssey, Allure, Symphony and Mariner sailing out of Florida ports in July and August we are strongly recommending all guests eligible for vaccines are fully vaccinated. We expect approximately 90 per cent of our guests will be vaccinated. Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols which will be at their expense. Kids not eligible for vaccines (under 12 from August 1) who sail will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges.

Guests who choose not to be vaccinated or not willing to verify vaccination
I wonder if verify = prove. Or does verify = stating, or signing a statement, that you are vaccinated?

Yes, it does become tedious, doesn't it. :coffee:
Yes, and cruise lines seem to be waiting on the judges decision before they release andy official protocols on Florida sailings. So it's just a waiting game.

I don't really care what they do, but I am getting anxious to see some restart plans from DCL,

I will most likely bring pretty much everything I can with my passport (paper proof of vaccine that have bar code, my QR code —they provided us QR codes recently) … I believe that our PM announced that some sort of Vaccinal Passport is coming through an app later this summer.

I will most likely bring pretty much everything I can with my passport (paper proof of vaccine that have bar code, my QR code —they provided us QR codes recently) … I believe that our PM announced that some sort of Vaccinal Passport is coming through an app later this summer.
We’re anxious to book the Navigator out of LA for November - thrilled that RCCL has returned to this itinerary! Concerned now though about what vaccine verification will be accepted from Canadians?

We’re anxious to book the Navigator out of LA for November - thrilled that RCCL has returned to this itinerary! Concerned now though about what vaccine verification will be accepted from Canadians?
yes we're anxious too. We're not booking because
1) the borders aren't open yet but what has me more concerned is
2) in our country you only get 1 jab (pfizer/moderna/astrazeneca) once you've recovered from covid and are then considered fully vaccinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter