Vaccination+

The stars aligned and I got an appointment for upcoming Tues. about 25 miles from home. It's in a church parking lot which one of the counties is using for extra space. I don't know which one I'm going to get, I was clicking quickly on the pages to get to where I could book I didn't pay attention but whichever one it is, I'm o.k. I will be leaving to WDW on 4/11 so if it's the shot that has 3 weeks between shot one and two I will still be at WDW on the exact 3 week day but I know you can still get it up to 5 weeks after the first shot. I'm kind of hoping it's the shot that is 4 weeks between shot #1 and shot #2 then I won't have to worry about it. Pretty sure there isn't any chance it's the Johnson one shot, which I would love since I'm a wimp when it comes to shots. Hubby is driving me there just in case I faint, yes, I faint if I see the needle and he is a pro at talking to me and distracting me.

My husband just finished his second does of Pfizer last week-a sore arm the first time anda bit of feeling tired. Nothing else. I had the one dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine yesterday. I got all ready to be sick. Luckily, not one, single, solitary issue. My arm doesn't even hurt. We, too, had a friend who died from Covid. It was terrible. Sixteen days in the hospital, on a ventilator, and his family couldn't go in to say good-bye-horrible. We got the shot.

My 98 yr old mom passed from Covid in Feb. She was in a care home with advanced dementia and under hospice. We were allowed ONE visit with her to say our goodbyes once they'd determined that she had 'transitioned' and only had a couple of days left. Even though she was unconscious and the dementia meant she wouldn't have known who we were when we saw her, I will carry in my heart the fact that I was not able to be with her when she passed.

I just thank God that her passing was peaceful and painless and that the care home and hospice staff were such wonderful caring people. I know someone was holding her hand, even though it wasn't me.

Sorry for your loss Stormy, truly am. At least it sounds like it was peaceful.

I have my appointment for April 2nd after being on the waitlist for a few weeks. It will be the pfizer vaccine and after seeing what Melissa's reaction was too it I do not expect much.

I am sorry for all that have lose someone to this virus or during the mitigation of it. My mom had another medical issue and it sucked knowing we could not visit her due to current protocols. I could not fathom how hard it would be if we did lose her without being able to see her one more time.

My husband and I were able to get ours through the school district. I qualified for one early on due to health factors, but the health department never contacted me and wouldn't confirm my registration with them when I called.
I'm very thankful that our health services director at the school district worked so diligently to get them for us.

I'm so sorry for your loss, StormyCA, and particularly the circumstance of lack of access to her.

That's awesome the school district could help. My wife got hers through the school as a teacher, but they county didn't include any other household members.

I was very lucky and received my first shot in December and my second shot in January. As an ER RN we were considered first in line. I had no reaction. Both my Dad and Tom’s father are receiving their first dose today. Tom’s mother is scheduled for next week as is my mother. Unfortunately my Mom is very weak at present due to the progression of her cancer. Even though she is palliative, she is still eligible. We will leave it to her to let us know what her wishes are with receiving the vaccine. Here in New Brunswick only the Phizer is available.

Congrats @garneska

DW and I got our first dose of Moderna on Tuesday. I'm fine but she's been running a fever ever since. She was at 103.4 for several hours on Wednesday. Was getting really worried about her. From the research I've done, folks that had COVID tend to do worse with the first shot and those that didn't have issues with the second shot. She had COVID last August so that's the only thing we can figure. She's still not great today but hopefully by tomorrow.

@Bishoparc that is what i heard too, so i am not expecting to have many issues. We have rain coming tomorrow so our hike is planned for Sunday.

Bishoparc , friend of my was told by the Dr that gave him the shot those that had the disease can expect to react more than those that hadn't been exposed. That was true for both Moderna and Pfiezer vaccines.
I got dose 1, 2 weeks ago and on way home developed fever and had flu like symptoms that night. Next 3 days my arm was sore no worse.
Tried to have the Dr give it to me in the Tushie so if I grew a 3rd arm I wouldn't have to stop what I was doing to scratch my butt

Congrats @garneska

DW and I got our first dose of Moderna on Tuesday. I'm fine but she's been running a fever ever since. She was at 103.4 for several hours on Wednesday. Was getting really worried about her. From the research I've done, folks that had COVID tend to do worse with the first shot and those that didn't have issues with the second shot. She had COVID last August so that's the only thing we can figure. She's still not great today but hopefully by tomorrow.
That sucks, hope all is well soon. I have not saw that for the first shot and having covid. But most of the people i work with are young and had no effects from the covid when they had it eaither. Mostly , for our group of like 46 people, the 2nd shot effected the elderly more. So over 45. If younger mostly no side effects. And out of the 45 people over 45 maybe 1/4 had fever chills, etc after the 2nd shot. I was one of them.

That sucks, hope all is well soon. I have not saw that for the first shot and having covid. But most of the people i work with are young and had no effects from the covid when they had it eaither. Mostly , for our group of like 46 people, the 2nd shot effected the elderly more. So over 45. If younger mostly no side effects. And out of the 45 people over 45 maybe 1/4 had fever chills, etc after the 2nd shot. I was one of them.
I am NOT elderly :rotfl2:

I didn't say you were , i was just stating what i saw with my group. I know 45 plus isn't elderly, but its older people that i saw get the worse side effects. Bad choice of words by me. i should have looked up the baby boomers generation, but i dont like those terms also. Plus everyone has diffent definitions. So sorry, not elderly, thats why i put the 45+ in there to clarify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!