Vacation Village @ Parkway

Dsnymouse

DIS Veteran
I am an RCI member and have the choice of staying at VV@parkway or Summer Bay. Anyone stayed at both? Could you tell me pro's or con's between the two. I know from searching the board that VV@Parkway is closer to WDW.
Any help would be great! :)

I'd love to know this, too. I'll bump the thread for you.

I've heard Vacation Village at Parkway has very nice units on the inside.

I've never stayed at Summer Bay although my brother just came back from there and seemed to like it.

We stayed two years ago at Vacation Village at Parkway....yes, the rooms are very nice inside. There are A and B units...the A units are much larger than the B units....if you are getting a one bedroom, make sure to get the A. If you are getting a two bedroom, you'll have both units...theres a door that opens to both and you can keep that shut and locked and then keep the other two doors open....

I must say we had other friends down with us so we were not in our rooms as much as we normally are and we did not use any of their amenities like we normally do...so no pool reviews, etc.

I will say it was an easy drive to the parks from there........it's right where the Knights of Arabian is if you are famililar with that.

The one thing I hated about the resort was the parking or I should say lack thereof.....it was quite annoying to come back from parks late a night and not be able to find a spot. The first bldg. we stayed in had very litle parking and our room was all the way down the hall from the elevator....we asked to be switched to a first floor room so we switched bldgs......the next bldg. had a parking lot near it so we ended up parking there allot of nights although it wasn't fun with two sleeping kids.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay that is clean then this is the place for you.......

if you want to spend time at the resort, you might want to go w/ Summer Bay, as it's a bigger resort

We own at Vacation Village at Parkway. Here's a link to a thread where I posted pictures of several of the units, both A & B units, if your interested in what they truly look like. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868149 There are also pictures of the pool, playground and common areas. As far as amenities, they have BBQ's at the pool. There is Bingo and volleyball poolside at designated times as well. Wi-fi is available on specific floors of each building in the lobby areas and there is a computer room in the check in building. Every 2-4 buildings has its own large pool, kiddie pook and jacuzzi so they are never overcrowded. They do have a list of resort activities available when you check in. They also post those activities in the lobby of each building. Honestly, other than for a quick dip in the pool, we don't hang at the resort that much, but we enjoy the accomodations very much. Everything is always clean and comfortable and your proximity to Disney is highly appealing. Parking never has been an issue for us, even with returning very late from the parks...but it CAN be depending on what building you are in. The newly opened buildings in the back have a parking garage. I would specifically ask NOT to have a building that is assigned to the parking garage as its a hike to the buildings from where you park. Otherwise, parking is right in front of the building. Like Disney's resorts...hallways can be long, but the further down the hall you are, the less foot traffic you'll hear, so that's a plus in my book. I can't speak about the other resort, just thought I'd add my .02 regarding VV@ Parkway.

Just thought I'd post an activities listing from when we were at Vacation Village earlier this month. I think I recalled someone asking about the activities, so here it is:

DisneyOctober72008269-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter