Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Pay an extra 10% on your utility bills for ten months to year before your trip. If you do this then you can skip the utility bills the month of your vacation and have that extra money for the trip. Example: Water bill averages $60.00 per month: Pay $66.00 for twelve months $6 x 12 month = $72 credit the month of your trip. No water bill that month.

:
* :love: But, for the feet to help guard against pressure blisters etc while still in the parks...I always carry some pre-cut moleskins in my body bag. I cut some long, some short, some wide, some round...So that whatever the part of our feet that "feels" like it's getting ready to blister...we're ready for it...BEFORE the blister happens. Can't tell you how much those have helped. Now they even have generic moleskins...but, we still buy the name brands. I think the padding and the adhesive is of a better quality....IMO.

* :cheer2: I don't know about you...but some of us have areas of our heads that can burn...like around our parts....and our ears....so it doesn't hurt to use a non-oily spf spray up there....or around the ears. I can't tell you...how many of my clients over the years...golfers/gardeners...or just outdoor enthusiasts have had skin cancers removed from the tops of their ears...or inside the folds of their ears....just because they never thought to apply tanning lotion there.....
.....i know this is a bit wordy..:scared: ..but, i thought it went along with the theme....:love:

lord have mercy is so right!!! Ive had problems with getting blisters on my ankles when I go on vacation and the moleskins are a lifesaver! Ive used them for years! It helps so much, if you have a blister, it really helps with the pain as well. They are excellent. Definetly a must.

and definetly pay attention to your ears and your hair part! I have been sunburned on my part more times then I can count, and im more careful now. I always sunscreen my ears too. Make sure to get behind your ears and on the back of your neck too, its very easy to sunburn there with the sun beating down on you all day.

Everyone should pay attention and make sure to apply sunscreen on exposed skin, it can really damage you if your not careful. I went on vacation in wyoming when I was little and went horseback riding. I got sunburned so badly on my shoulders that my skin has never been the same since. They go pink within ten minutes of being outside, and I have to be very careful not to get sunburned there because the skin is so sensitive.

....there's so many out now. anything that's non-oily will work. there's some out there for thinning hair even.(like for my DH:eeyore: I don't know if they still have it...but, a couple of years ago....Avon even had something out... There are some that are non-aerosol and aerosol also. I guess it's you're personal preference. But, just make sure it's not oily....for your hair....that would be a little icky....:scared: .......:lmao:

I wear a pair of men's boxer briefs under a skirt to keep my thighs from rubbing. It was a suggestion from my SIL and it works great!

wash your hair in the morning and tie it back without drying it as your wet hair will help keep you a little bit cooler

wash your hair in the morning and tie it back without drying it as your wet hair will help keep you a little bit cooler

I wish this would work for me. I have little to no hair and my hair would eb dry ebfore we eevn got to the park.

I leave in the deep south so the humity fight is an uphill battle. I have found something that works pretty good with the frizz. It's called Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream. I have thick curly hair with lots of frizz. This seems to tame it really pretty good. It also helps it stay in the pony tail. It's not very heavy so it does not weigh the hair down.

I know a lot of women swear by BodyGlide for legs rubbing together with shorts or skirts but any stick deoderant will help. I prefer the male version of Mennen Speedstick as it seems to work the best. This prevents any leg rubbing rash and the very embarrassing shorts riding up and getting caught problem....:eek:

Does the mennen work better than the body glide? I'm heading to the store tomorrow for this stuff!:confused: :confused:

I have a pair of black nylon shorts I wear over my bathing suit on days we go to the water parks, I like a little more coverage when walking around. I also like to wear them around that time of the month with bloating and such, and they dry quickly. I was also thinking about carrying a travel size deod. in my bag in the park to reapply and I would also have it if I had any chubb rub or hot spots on my feet. Linda

I have worn knee length jean and/or khaki skirts while at WDW several times and have found them to be much cooler than shorts or capris. Personally, I've never had a problem with chafing, but I would think that a little powder might help if it's a problem.

Here is a very important tip that is for everyone, not just ladies.
-Sunblock. Please...don't forget some of these important areas. The back of your knees. The tops of your feet. The back of your hands. Your ears, all of them. And...your hair line! I have been through the torture before and I don't recommend it for anyone. Also, use a lipgloss/chapstick with spf. Burnt lips also hurt.

-I have a hair sunblock at home that I bought a few years ago. Its a gel and has a tiny bit of hold, which is nice. It helps to protect your scalp and hair from the sun. I believe it was made by Redken. If anyone wants, when I get home I can find out the name of it.

-If you are going to wear makeup, be careful bringing it into the parks. Most makeup spoils in the heat.
(I have never actually worn makeup to the parks. I might this trip because I am so fair skinned I am washed out in all the pictures. So I might put on a little mascara and blush to help. I'll let you know how it goes.)

-My hair is a wavy, frizzy mess. Last trip I showered at night and did my hair in two french braided pigtails. When I woke up I was able to take them out and have slightly neater hair. (Throw into a cute pony tail or up in a jaw clip.) Or, I left the braids in for the day.

-To help tame frizz I use the Biosilk hair serum. It's not greasy, it smells great, and you can use it on your body too! My hair is pretty long and all I need is a dab the size of a nickle.

Yeah, I hear ya about the hair... I'm going to have to remember to use that trick... on my FIANCEE!! :lmao: He has longer hair than I do, and it's super curly!! He's let me braid it at night after a shower before, and it does help. :thumbsup2

Well, I'll go ahead and say it: When it's 'that time of the month', the Always pads with the wipe attached are great when your out and about. If you use tampons then keep some baby wipes with you in your bag. Keep a spare pair of panties in a baggie just in case. Bring Motrin or Pamprin with you to the parks and keep hydrated. Coffee/Coke really helps a PMS headache.

-I have a hair sunblock at home that I bought a few years ago. Its a gel and has a tiny bit of hold, which is nice. It helps to protect your scalp and hair from the sun. I believe it was made by Redken. If anyone wants, when I get home I can find out the name of it.

i would like to know the name of this product please!!

-To help tame frizz I use the Biosilk hair serum. It's not greasy, it smells great, and you can use it on your body too! My hair is pretty long and all I need is a dab the size of a nickle.

while i know what biosilk is...put it on your body? never heard of this.. what does this do for ya?

Thanks for all these great tips.
I can say with the curly hair and humidity using anti-frizz products layered helps. I use a anti-fizz infusiom conditioner, anti-fizz/curly gel, scrunch spray, and then a curly hair hairspray and I last all day.
I'm going to start the days with my hair down and carry a hat and scrunchy for later if my hair is driving me crazy.

i would like to know the name of this product please!!
I got it a few years ago, so you may have to google it . It is from Redken under their Sun Shape line. The name is Moisterizing Sun Jelly. It's in a pale yellow tube with an orange cap.

while i know what biosilk is...put it on your body? never heard of this.. what does this do for ya?
The biosilk hair smoothing serum can be used on the body also. I don't because that stuff is expensive, but it could be used like a lotion if you wanted. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy. So after I put it in my hair I rub whatever is left into my hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter