Vacation package add on at Hilton Tokyo Bay vs. Celebration

HHISand

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Japan May-June of 2020 and will be at Tokyo Disney June 6-11. We have decided to do a vacation package at the DisneySea Miracosta for the last two nights (and three days). Therefore, we need to add on three nights before that which will be Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We want to go to the parks for four days so we will need to upgrade our three-day pass to add a fourth day. We are considering either the Hilton Tokyo Bay or Celebration so please provide opinions on which is better overall and why, which would be better for the switch (do both transfer luggage, for example) and which would be better for activities other than going to the parks. Depending on cost, might also consider Ambassador but the package is likely to require a lot of money! Does anyone have an idea of the cost of these hotels during the second week of June for three adults? Thanks.

I would change the title of this thread if I knew how. Here are some additional questions we just thought of:
1. On the first day of the package (check-in to the miracosta), can we use their special entrance to disneysea and will we get the happy 15 (if we don't stay at the celebration)?
2. We've read that only one area of each park is open for happy 15 (like monsters inc) so is it better to ride whatever ride is open for that time (and possibly be behind rope drop people for whatever ride we do next) or grab a fastpass and be first to the next ride?
3. I think we've decided to try to use one of our show tickets for big band beat at disneysea, but what show at disneyland would you recommend we use the other one at? (I understand this is probably a difficult question to answer since the shows are changing)
4. For those who have done a package before, what rides did you feel were the best use of your fastpasses? Right now we're considering Monster's Inc, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, the new beauty and the beast ride, Space Mountain (for DH), Journey, Tower of Terror, and Soaring (my favorite ride).

The Hilton has a better location but Celebration offers the Happy 15. I'd choose the Hilton since you'll already have the package FP. Also, I don't believe the Celebration hotel will transfer your luggage to the Miracosta.

Will you be exploring Tokyo at all during the three days prior to checking in to the Miracosta? If so, I would suggest staying at a hotel within Tokyo then sending your luggage to the Miracosta via takuhaibin. Using TDR as your base for a Tokyo trip is definitely doable, but it's not the most convenient option. If you'll be combining Tokyo and TDR during those three days, I'd suggest finding a hotel near Hatchobori station.

1. You do not get the Happy 15 on the day you check in to Miracosta.
2. It really depends. See below. For the days that you are NOT on the package, grab a FP en route to a headliner attraction. For example, grab a FP for Big Thunder then head straight to Splash. Or, grab a FP for Monsters on your way to Peter Pan.
3. Completely unpredictable at this point. You may not even get a choice of shows if you are booking via the English website, but that's a whole 'nother topic.
4. There are different types of package FP, A type and D type. How you utilize your Happy 15 and FP will be based on what types and how many FP of each type you have. Assuming Beauty and the Beast is open, it requires an A type FP, and you have only 1 A type FP, one strategy at Disneysea would be to:

- get to the park well before Happy 15 starts so you are at the front of the Happy 15 pack
- run to either Soarin or Beauty and the Beast and ride immediately. You will use your A-type FP for the other ride later in the day.
- pick up a FP for something nearby
- start using your D-type FP while continuing to pick up same day FP in the park if they are available

Thank you very much, corgi monster! We will be spending 10 days in Tokyo at the beginning of the trip and go to Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima before returning to Tokyo Disney. We will arrive late on Saturday, plan to take a rest day on Sunday, and go to the parks Monday-Thursday. Since the maximum vacation package is two nights and three days, we will need to add a ticket to the package. So, we do not plan to explore Tokyo during our stay at Tokyo Disney.

I read quite a few posts on here before posting my question about the Happy 15 and check-in day at the Miracosta. Although most posts say you do not get the Happy 15 the day you check in, I did find one post that said you could get the Happy 15 on check-in day at the Miracosta and I believe one other hotel but not the others. Maybe they were mistaken?

I would consider just booking four nights (without the vacation package) at the Miracosta but it looks like it is difficult to book at the five month mark. We are fine with the Venice side so can someone let us know how difficult the four just regular hotel days at Miracosta would be to book (for a stay in early-mid-June). I do like the idea of the FPs and the guaranteed seating at a couple of shows though. Can anyone share information on the respective pricing for that time of year (hotel vs. package)? Thanks for all your help!

This is on the thread entitled TDR Vacation Package Pickup:
For us it was day of. Side note about the happy15: We were staying at the Miracosta. The package we picked up from the ticket center did not have the happy-15 passes for the first day but I went to the hotel for "early check-in" and they gave me passes for DisneySeas. Note this only works for DisneySeas not Disneyland.
This is a benefit for MiraCosta & Ambassador hotel guests only. You cannot use Happy 15 on your check-in day if you’re staying at any other hotel.

This is on the thread entitled TDR Vacation Package Pickup:

This is a benefit for MiraCosta & Ambassador hotel guests only. You cannot use Happy 15 on your check-in day if you’re staying at any other hotel.
That was my post & it is correct :) The poster above is mistaken.

Thank you for the correction. We've always stayed at the Disneyland hotel, so that makes sense. I guess that's just one more reason to try the Miracosta one day when the kids are older and DisneySea becomes a bigger draw for us.

Thank you for the correction. We've always stayed at the Disneyland hotel, so that makes sense. I guess that's just one more reason to try the Miracosta one day when the kids are older and DisneySea becomes a bigger draw for us.

Just wanted to thank you for recommending the delivery service. DH and I will be going to Tokyo\TDR in Oct and were worried about transporting our luggage between the city and TDR. This is a great alternative. I never would have thought of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter