V&A's Chef's Table Menu in Main Dining Room Review

Heather,

That was a FANTASTIC review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us all.

Hi Heather,

thanks again for the great review and the hint that you can have chef menu in the main dining room. Called V&A and they changed my reservation to the chef menu.

:woohoo:

Oliver

Oliver, great! I know you will enjoy it - go with a BIG appetite!

Cheers!
Heather W

I wasn't going to go back to V&A's, thought it might be a bit selfish to go for the Chef's table for 1 person, but now I know you can have CT in the dining room I am just going to have to go back!!!!!!

:mad:

:rotfl:
Well its as good an excuse as any!

I'm so happy I found this thread - we are going to V&A's for our (30th) anniversary in Feb, and I have a couple of questions about the CT menu that may have been in the thread but I might have missed...

If you get the CT menu in the dining room, the portions are all smaller than if you just got the choices from the regular menu, correct?

If you get the wine pairings, do you get additional pourings of wine to keep pace with all the additional courses? Are the wine pourings with the CT menu also smaller than if you just got the regular menu? Is the price of the wine pairing with the CTM more expensive than with the regular menu? I ask because this sounds like a lot of wine...has anyone ever SHARED the wine pairings? In other words, only one person orders it, and the other sneaks sips just to taste? I'm not sure I could drink that much wine...

And finally, did doing the CT menu take a lot longer than just ordering the choices from the regular menu?

I know this is a ton of questions but I'd really like to know the answers before changing our reservation to the CT - thank you so much!

Hi! I don't think the portions are smaller; our dishes looked just like those of the people around us, except that there were MORE of them :)

You get more wines poured with the CT menu, and the pour is the same size, so it does indeed cost more for the pairings. My DH got the wine pairings, and I did not, but I did try each of his wines. I'm a fan of wines, but I don't like to drink big quantities. By that point, I can't taste the later wines. I'm also tiny, so tend to get tipsy fairly soon.

It did take us longer than the other diners, but not THAT much longer. We weren't there for an additional hour, or anything like that. And we would have been finished sooner if our servers had chosen to clear in a prompt, timely fashion. This is a repeated problem for us at V&A's, especially when it comes to clearing for dessert. After that quantity of food, you just want that dessert to DISAPPEAR when you're done, not wait around for 15 more minutes!

Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks so much for the reply - still deciding what to do. I wish you could wait and see what all the courses are (since I know they change frequently) and then decide. Since you say the courses are not smaller, that sure sounds like a lot of food. What a terrible dilemma to have :-)

Thanks for the great review of V&A! I also had the pear for the dessert and found it very nice.

Thank you for the wonderful review:thumbsup2 I sent you a private message asking you about the Chef's Table menu but I obviously didn't read further on as you answered it later on in the thread, oops!:guilty:
I really wuld love totry the Chef's Table menu in the main dining room, plus I think being in my Wedding Dress it's more appropriate. I'll be sure to ask not to get seated under the dome though;)

The food always looks so pretty here. But I think I am the only one that probably would not touch any of this food. I am far from a fine diner..:rotfl2:

I think the courses are smaller (or they changed something).

When I look at the taken pictures: The "Pyramid dessert" coming with the chefs menu is much smaller than the pyramid I had last time (regular menu).

But! It I am sure there is still enough to eat ... :lmao:

Oliver

I think the courses are smaller (or they changed something).

When I look at the taken pictures: The "Pyramid dessert" coming with the chefs menu is much smaller than the pyramid I had last time (regular menu).

Actually, the chocolate pyramid used to be a stand-alone for the dessert course a few years back. Then, the pyramid was larger.

Now, they've rolled it into the chocolate course, so it's a smaller pyramid, but is accompanied by two other chocolate items. The dessert course is now yet another, separate course!

My DH says he thinks that some of the Chef's Table items might be smaller than the regular ones, but that most of them (like desserts, chocolate course, etc.) are the same size. And for amuse bouche, we get more than the regular menu - we had several items that night, and the other diners each only had 1 thing.

Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter