Using Vinegar?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I have recently cut back (A LOT) on the amount of junk food I eat (which was A LOT LOL) and will get a walk or two in along with doing an exercise tape when I get a chance. But I have recently heard that if you consume 2tsp of vinegar (well it's regular, apple cider, etc) that it helps melt your "belly fat" And lately, that's where I'm gaining all of my weight.

I'm sure it's one of those fad things, but I've been reading it all over the place and I thought I'd ask here to see what you thought...

From what I've read on it, there's no scientific evidence that it promotes weight loss.

Like all other "folk lore" and such, some people believe it and some people don't. They recommend putting 2 tsp in a glass of water and drinking before a meal to decrease appetite. I've also heard that just drinking a lot of water can help in this too (since you'll have less room in your stomach for food anyway). I'd guess doing the metamucil thing before a meal might be more beneficial, just because you'll be filling yourself up more.

There's never been proof that it helps you burn more calories. But it also doesn't have any bad side effects, so you could try it for a while to see what you think! :confused3

I don't know about the mythical value of it, but I do use it straight for salad dressing and I really do not miss the oil with it. In fact, a vinegarette tastes heavy to me with the oil now.

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter