>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

The computer pool is a square pool with a couple of painted, raised (maybe six inches?) keyboards on the pool surround. Genuinely nothing special.

That was pretty much my observation; "It's just a square pool!"

But FWIW my child has special needs, some of which overlap with ASD and I'm wondering if this may be a fixation that has to do with that instead.

Honestly we just want to do whatever we can to prevent meltdowns and keep the kids safe/keep this trip special.

We had to postpone it from last year (a milestone anniversary trip) due to a hurricane- the kids responded remarkably well but we ended up dropping Disney money on a last minute trip to the Smokies to try to make up for it, which is why we are staying in a value resort this time. It's also our first time staying on site- every other time has been a one day trip that we've squeezed in when we've been down there for a funeral. (But none of that is really anything to do with "pool-hopping.")

Can you only use the pool during the checkin/check out hours? I will get there early on Monday. Will I be allowed to hang out by the pool while waiting for my room?
Yes, I had the same question and asked the hotel. They can hold your bags once you checking so you can start enjoying your visit even if your room is not ready yet.

Sort of related to this. I understand and accept the pool policy, but i was thinking-is there a beach policy too? For example, if we were passing through the poly or the Grand Floridian on the way back from Magic Kingdom, and felt like a lie down/sunbathe on the beach for an hr, do they have a rule against that? Ive never used the pool in a resort im not staying in, but ive sat on the beach with no issue-is this still the case?

The beaches are connected to their respective resort so you are only allowed to access the beach at your own resort. I' m guessing no one has ever bothered you because they are not usually crowded and most people prefer the amazing pools.

The beaches are connected to their respective resort so you are only allowed to access the beach at your own resort. I' m guessing no one has ever bothered you because they are not usually crowded and most people prefer the amazing pools.

I've never heard of people not being allowed to access the beach at a resort they're not staying at (and in fact, many people like to go to the Poly beach to watch the MK fireworks), but you're not allowed to go in the water at any of the hotel beaches.

Good information. We are staying at AoA in December and another part of our family are DVC members are staying at Saratoga Springs. It didn't even occur to me that they might not be able to swim with us.

We are doing a split stay - so one day during our holiday we will be checking out of one resort and checking into the other resort. Do you know if we would be able to swim at either or both resorts pools that day? That will be our rest/pool day.

We are doing a split stay - so one day during our holiday we will be checking out of one resort and checking into the other resort. Do you know if we would be able to swim at either or both resorts pools that day? That will be our rest/pool day.
Sure. You can use the amenities of the first resort until midnight of the day you check out or you can go to the new resort and begin using that when you arrive.

Oh cool, just realised because we'll be a guest of both GFV and OKW on the 23rd September, I can swim in both pools! Gotta love legal pool hopping!

Does GF do pool movies every night?

Oh cool, just realised because we'll be a guest of both GFV and OKW on the 23rd September, I can swim in both pools! Gotta love legal pool hopping!

Movie starts at 7:30 pm at the Courtyard Pool

• Sundays – Prep & Landing / Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
  • Mondays – no movie
  • Tuesdays – Toy Story
  • Wednesdays – no movie
  • Thursdays – Frozen
  • Fridays – no movie
  • Saturdays – The Santa Clause
This is the current schedule

wait you can't resort pool hop anymore?
Only if you are a DVC member and even DVC members staying on their points at DVC resorts are limited to specific pools and dates. Anyone else is limited to the pool at the resort where they are staying.

Only if you are a DVC member and even DVC members staying on their points at DVC resorts are limited to specific pools and dates. Anyone else is limited to the pool at the resort where they are staying.

Or staying at POR/POFQ where they are considered sister resorts and you can swim at either place.

You will not be able to pool hop - as the OP stated, you can use the pool at the GFV until midnight and then use the pool at OKW the day your check in. You won't be able to pool hop between the two resorts. Just an FYI :)

You will not be able to pool hop - as the OP stated, you can use the pool at the GFV until midnight and then use the pool at OKW the day your check in. You won't be able to pool hop between the two resorts. Just an FYI :)

No, I meant the day we check into OKW- I believe you can use the previous resort's pools until midnight that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!