Using a family members fastpass if they aren't in the park?

jmoney1217

Earning My Ears
First off, please forgive if this is an inappropriate question... My aim for a disney trip is always to maximize the fun for my kids so I don't think this would be "gaming" the system, but if it is, and this is not allowed here, I apologize and will delete my post.

That being said... I'm traveling with a large group this December. My kids grandparents will be with us along with their uncles. I'll be booking fastpasses for everyone.

My question is, if my parents decide to pass on a park for a day (because we like to go like gangbusters and it can be tough to keep up), if we took their magic bands with us, could we use their fastpasses?

I guess the boiled down question is... Do fastpasses on a magic band that does not scan into a park at the gate work? Or do you have to scan into the park to activate and use and fastpasses associated with a band?

Would be a shame to just see them go to waste...

Thanks for any advice!
Jared

I am not sure about the new system, but I think I remember from the old system, that if the person's park pass had not been swiped at the front gate, then you couldn't use it to get a paper fast pass. Last time we used magic bands with the new system, I think I remember learning that the same system is in place. If the magic band is not swiped, then the fast pass associated with it cannot be used. But maybe things have changed?

Thanks for the reply, I did not know that. I am hoping that this has been tried by someone with Magic Bands... Though I realize that just finding yourself in the position is likely rare. :)

As long as there is valid admission media, the FP will work - it does not have to be used for entry

As long as there is valid admission media, the FP will work - it does not have to be used for entry

This is correct, my husband and I have taken our daughters annual pass magic bands and used their fast passes on trips when they never even came to Florida

Just throwing this out there, I have no idea what the answer is, but if it does work, I would want to be sure it wouldn't automatically use a day on a multi-day ticket, registering the person as now in the park?

It wouldn't matter as much with an Annual Pass, those tickets are good every day for a year, but if your parents didn't go one day, would they need that day's ticket later? And would using the fastpass now use that day?

Just throwing this out there, I have no idea what the answer is, but if it does work, I would want to be sure it wouldn't automatically use a day on a multi-day ticket, registering the person as now in the park?

It wouldn't matter as much with an Annual Pass, those tickets are good every day for a year, but if your parents didn't go one day, would they need that day's ticket later? And would using the fastpass now use that day?

Using a fastpass does not use a day entitlement. Only tapping get the card at the entry point will do that

We have booked FastPass reservations for everyone in the family. Then we use all of the MagicBands for FP, even if some of the family members do not come with us. We have been able to use all of the reservations!

So, do magicbands now have to have valid tickets attached for same day fastpasses too, or just advanced faspasses??

We've gotten same day FP+ with old, ticket-less Magicbands. But that was over a year ago.

We just got back and I was using my DAS card for 2 out of 4 on the system. I said to the CM the others are not here and she said 'I know they aren't in the park'. So I am guessing you can't now do what you are suggesting unless you take their bands.

We just got back and I was using my DAS card for 2 out of 4 on the system. I said to the CM the others are not here and she said 'I know they aren't in the park'. So I am guessing you can't now do what you are suggesting unless you take their bands.
I believe the DAS system is different than the Fastpass system. So what they see on one they may not see on another.

We took magic bands from 2 years ago...never scanned them to enter (had current MBs with our tickets attached), made same day fps using old bands, and then used them with no issue. So you can use a mb even if there is no ticket attached to make fps ressies (must do in the park however, as my understanding).

There is a whole mult-length thread describing how to use old MBs for a multitude of fps.

With this being the case, I would imagine that mb would not need to be scanned to be use fps made in advance.

I read in the FP+ forum that Disney updated their terms and services.

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/
So, it sounds like, that you can't use everyone elses old magic bands to use fast passes when they are not there or not on the reservation? That sounds fair to me.
It also sounds if you have a valid admission and one of the party registered leaves early, that you can use that magic band. It will be used by a registered person for that admission, who had to leave for some reason? That's my take on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter