Using a family members fastpass if they aren't in the park?

I replied to this thread a few years ago before they fixed the loophole.

Now, if you try to use a fastpass on a band who has not entered the park (for that day) it will most likely result in their account being locked and require a trip to guest services to get it unlocked.

If someone has scanned into the park but leaves early, you would be fine as long as they have scanned into THAT park for THAT day.

First off, please forgive if this is an inappropriate question... My aim for a disney trip is always to maximize the fun for my kids so I don't think this would be "gaming" the system, but if it is, and this is not allowed here, I apologize and will delete my post.
Our family sometimes uses another family member's MB if that member is in park with us. Sometimes people in our party decide they're not in the mood for ToT, wet ride or coaster. We'll hand off MBs so someone else in our party rides twice in a row.

Example: Party of 4. During the use of FP2, 2 people decide not to ride ToT. The first 2 ride, come out and take the other 2 bands and ride again. The CM's have watched and never even batted an eye in the past. Our 4 tickets came with 3 FP each, we are still using just 12.

I've seen debates over this. If 80yo grandma/grandpa come to MK with you and only do 1 ride, why not let grandkids use the other 2 booked FPs to re-ride? The family's not getting any extra, just collectively using FP's the same way people do with DDP credits.

We've only bothered a few times, with the pre-booked because those are the only FPs that matter enough. By the time 4th rolls around, what's left are usually tamer rides/shows we visit together anyway and we're trying to find the soonest available. Even if we find something good like Space Mtn, it's going to be for 4 hours later and not worth holding all of us up for 2 ppl to ride twice much later.

? Maybe I'm wrong (people think it's a grey area) but it sure doesn't feel like we're trying to get something for nothing. One person in our family gave up a FP and another used it. We're just switching the user. If we didn't switch user, we'd be switching the ride anyway and that would still be one of us on a FP line.

Our family sometimes uses another family member's MB if that member is in park with us. Sometimes people in our party decide they're not in the mood for ToT, wet ride or coaster. We'll hand off MBs so someone else in our party rides twice in a row.

Example: Party of 4. During the use of FP2, 2 people decide not to ride ToT. The first 2 ride, come out and take the other 2 bands and ride again. The CM's have watched and never even batted an eye in the past. Our 4 tickets came with 3 FP each, we are still using just 12.

I've seen debates over this. If 80yo grandma/grandpa come to MK with you and only do 1 ride, why not let grandkids use the other 2 booked FPs to re-ride? The family's not getting any extra, just collectively using FP's the same way people do with DDP credits.

We've only bothered a few times, with the pre-booked because those are the only FPs that matter enough. By the time 4th rolls around, what's left are usually tamer rides/shows we visit together anyway and we're trying to find the soonest available. Even if we find something good like Space Mtn, it's going to be for 4 hours later and not worth holding all of us up for 2 ppl to ride twice much later.

? Maybe I'm wrong (people think it's a grey area) but it sure doesn't feel like we're trying to get something for nothing. One person in our family gave up a FP and another used it. We're just switching the user. If we didn't switch user, we'd be switching the ride anyway and that would still be one of us on a FP line.

I feel the same way you do about this. I don't see anything wrong with it.

A few years ago I used my father in-laws since he changed his mind and didn’t want to ride thunder mountain. The cast member said “Are you david” I told him my father in law changed his mind. They didn’t say anything else but it wasn’t until that moment I felt like maybe I wasn’t supposed to do that. 🤷🏼‍♀️ That’s the only time anyone ever said anything.

No. When you enter the park, it verifies your magic band with your fingerprint. Without that verification, the FastPasses won’t work.
Two of the three days I've entered the parks this trip there has been no fingerprint verification. I don't know if that is the policy for RD only.

That's totally fine in my book. My wife and I have done the same thing when my daughter wants one or another of us to ride with her. We all paid admission to the park, and if there were 12 allotted FPs for our group, and we are only using those 12, on the rides that we signed up for, then we are in no way getting a leg up on others or cheating them out of ride wait times.

Two of the three days I've entered the parks this trip there has been no fingerprint verification. I don't know if that is the policy for RD only.
That's interesting, I can't remember ever entering without a finger scan since MBs. Wonder if there was some issue with the system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter