US to lift travel ban for foreign air travellers who show proof of vaccination

Now before you flat out refuse the deliciousness that is a REAL poutine are you even aware of what that is :P You gotta have the right potatoes to start with, thick cut with the skin on, double fried is the best to give you a nice crispy exterior while still having a fluffy interior. The gravy must be HOT, like not just warm to the touch but hot enough to melt the proper type of cheese. Cheese -- awe yes, gotta be old squeaky white cheddar CURDS, not shredded crap, it has to squeak under your teeth and melt so much that you can't truly get a proper forkful into your mouth without it hanging down off your chin! The best will come from the back of a chip wagon!!

Last trip I thought i would at least look at the poutine place in Disney Springs and must admit i couldn't even make myself order that it was just so much wrong on a cardboard plate. I love love LOVE me some poutine but new food allergies have cropped up that make it impossible for me to have any and just thinking about it makes me cry :P

I am a purist when it comes to poutine. Don't give me spaghetti sauce on french fries and call it poutine either. All the weird combos. Poutine to me must be exactly as you have described. End of story:)

My daughter has tried every poutine she could find in WDW, even the quick service one in Epcot 🤢....she refuses to try it again...

She went to Quebec on a school trip and she liked it from then on. I personally didn't like the idea of fries and gravy (let alone cheese curds), but there are pretty good ones out there...best one I tried was a burger place in Quebec City...not sure what they did, but I've yet to taste any poutine that comes close to it.

They sold fries with gravy in our (Ontario) high school cafeteria. No cheese, no attempt to pass it off as poutine [tbh, I had never heard of poutine until I was in my 30's and living in Ottawa]. I don't know what they put in it, but it was actually pretty good !

They sold fries with gravy in our (Ontario) high school cafeteria. No cheese, no attempt to pass it off as poutine [tbh, I had never heard of poutine until I was in my 30's and living in Ottawa]. I don't know what they put in it, but it was actually pretty good !
It’s funny…the reason my daughter refuse to try poutine was she tried it at school. She really didn’t like it. Then she went on a school trip to Quebec City and she loved it. After that she tried every poutine she could find…some good and some not….she said WDW restaurants were the worse.

I think I’m going to plan a trip to Quebec City just to eat poutine. 😊

My daughter has tried every poutine she could find in WDW, even the quick service one in Epcot 🤢....she refuses to try it again...

She went to Quebec on a school trip and she liked it from then on. I personally didn't like the idea of fries and gravy (let alone cheese curds), but there are pretty good ones out there...best one I tried was a burger place in Quebec City...not sure what they did, but I've yet to taste any poutine that comes close to it.

Was it Ashton?

So do I read this right - as of November, this actually adds steps and could be more difficult for Canadians flying into US vs today? Added step now of proof of vaccination, but still the same testing requirements coming and going as is required today? I have a mix of AZ plus Pfizer so this may actually not allow me into the US whereas I could go today?

It appears one study using real world data has been done, by Delta Airlines, with results out just this month. There are some press articles about it if you are interested. Links to some of them: https://www.airlineratings.com/news...hows-testing-effectively-deters-covid-spread/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/09/17/covid-spread-on-planes-testing-study/ https://www.travelpulse.com/news/ai...testing-before-flights-helps-stop-spread.html The study relates to testing prior to plane travel: quote from the last of the linked articles: "A new study found the risk of exposure to COVID-19 while traveling drops to less than 0.1 percent when all travelers test negative 72 hours before their flight. According to data from Delta Air Lines and the Mayo Clinic Proceedings, performing a single COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of departure could decrease the rate of people actively infected onboard to a level significantly lower than active community infection rates." They also have some info about the false positive and negative rates they discovered.

I am guessing that with real world data like this available, we can probably expect testing requirements to continue for some time.

SW

It would be interesting to know how many of the people who had the test 3 days earlier actually failed the test. That would have been a good statistic to have in the study to see how many people were caught. The study just included people who were negative on the 3 day test. I think just the fact that you have to test actually deters a lot of people from travelling in the first place.

So do I read this right - as of November, this actually adds steps and could be more difficult for Canadians flying into US vs today? Added step now of proof of vaccination, but still the same testing requirements coming and going as is required today? I have a mix of AZ plus Pfizer so this may actually not allow me into the US whereas I could go today?
Pretty much how I understood it. We are AZ-Pfizer too with no sign of a 3rd dose. So glad we rented all of this year’s DVC points out.

Unless you are referring to something different, my understanding was that as of November, the added restriction of proof of vaccination to travel by air and by train is being added by the Canadian gov't. I would imagine that vaccinations approved by Health Canada should be fine.

Unless you are referring to something different, my understanding was that as of November, the added restriction of proof of vaccination to travel by air and by train is being added by the Canadian gov't. I would imagine that vaccinations approved by Health Canada should be fine.
The US is talking about relaxing their border controls in November which will include proof of vaccination to enter the US. This could prove a barrier for many Canadians who have mixed vaccines that aren't recognized by the CDC.

The US is talking about relaxing their border controls in November which will include proof of vaccination to enter the US. This could prove a barrier for many Canadians who have mixed vaccines that aren't recognized by the CDC.

Hahaha, of course. I got all caught up in the poutine talk that I forgot what the threat was about!!!

For those in BC, I wrote to the Health Minister (Mr. Dix), cc’ing the Premier’s Office, last week asking about options for those of us who had taken the advice to get AZ and or mixed doses and are now at a disadvantage re future travel (and specifically asked whether we would be able to get additional doses, like people can in Alberta, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) and received the perfunct reply (on behalf of Bonnie Henry…which is odd because I did not email or cc the PHO). In short, if you are in BC, you’re out of luck.

Last edited:
For those in BC, I wrote to the Health Minister (Mr. Dix), cc’ing the Premier’s Office, last week asking about options for those of us who had taken the advice to get AZ and or mixed doses and are now at a disadvantage re future travel (and specifically asked whether we would be able to get additional doses, like people can in Alberta, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) and received the perfunct reply (on behalf of Bonnie Henry…which is odd because I did not email or cc the PHO). In short, if you are in BC, you’re out of luck.
Great :mad: :( Thanks for inquiring at least! I have a feeling their stance may change if the US ends up denying mixed vaccine doses....

While yes, Canada has said that as of sometime in October to travel by air or train one will have to be vaccinated, the US a few days ago announced as as of some time in November all international air travellers entering the US will be required to be vaccinated and also undergo covid tests.

The issue is that currently the US does not recognize an AZ-mRNA mixed dose as fully vaccinated.

SW

Yes

I thought it was the same as before, except now they are opening to international travellers.

I was under the impression that we had to be vaccinated in order to fly into the US. I must have just assumed that since we need to be vaccinated to fly to/from/within Canada.

I thought it was the same as before, except now they are opening to international travellers.

I was under the impression that we had to be vaccinated in order to fly into the US. I must have just assumed that since we need to be vaccinated to fly to/from/within Canada.

Currently, Canadians do not need to be vaccinated to fly to the US, but they do have to have to have a negative covid test taken within a specific timeframe before their travel.

Also, the requirement to be vaccinated to fly for/from/within Canada (also to take interprovincial trains, and to cruise, though cruise ships are not yet allowed) has not yet been implemented, that is due to start some time in October, date not yet announced. What Canada did do is allow vaccinated non-essential US travelers to enter Canada. And Canada allows Canadians who are vaccinated to enter and not have to go into quarrantine. There is also testing.

If the US doesn't end up allowing mixed vaccines what does that mean for our own Prime Minister? Zoom calls only with the president, since he won't be considered fully vaccinated either?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter