URGENT! Mystic Dunes - Anyone ever stayed at their 3BR? UPDATED questions....

Kinmar and others: I'm a newbie here:

so what advice do you have on which building I should request for my upcoming visit at the end of the month? Are there multiple pools and should I be closer to one of them? (kids are 8 and 11). Or maybe better to be near a quiet pool and then we can go to the busy one when we want? Also should I request a higher floor? thank you so much!

...we stayed in Bldg 32 and it was very nice - not far from the quiet pool and close enough to walk to the main pool too...it was very clean also...

will be staying at Mystic dunes in Sept. with 10 family members between the ages of 1 - 75.

Would love to stay next to the pool with the wading pool. would anyone know which pool that is and what unit # is closest.

Thanks

Is there a resort fee here?

I am pretty sure if is up on Hotwire for our week in Jan for $58 a night.

We are going back and forth between onsite and off but we would rather have more room then be onsite. Even with parking this $58 is a better deal then all stars but hotwire says may have a resort fee and if there is a $10-$20 a day then it is not a deal...

Thanks

...yikes, I'm guessing by the lack of responses, this can't be too good a place....I'm getting a little worried...

I stayed at Mystic Dunes (if it is the one in Kisimmee near Windsor Hills I think) when it was owned by Wyndham. My first stay was great but the second time they had offered too many time share opportunities to just about anyone and it went down hill. The clientel was kind of icky because they pretty much had let anyone and every one in to stay for 70 a night in order to sell timeshares. I never stayed there again because Wyndham got rid of it as they do with a lot of their properties after a few years. When we stayed it was great but I do not know what it islike now.

Is there a resort fee here?

I am pretty sure if is up on Hotwire for our week in Jan for $58 a night.

We are going back and forth between onsite and off but we would rather have more room then be onsite. Even with parking this $58 is a better deal then all stars but hotwire says may have a resort fee and if there is a $10-$20 a day then it is not a deal...

Thanks

I don't believe there's a resort fee. I didn't pay one in 2010 when I stayed there, but I had bought the timeshare week through Interval International.

The resort was clean, as was our villa. No real complaints. It isn't the highest-end timeshare resort but it wasn't grungy either.

I stayed at Mystic Dunes (if it is the one in Kisimmee near Windsor Hills I think) when it was owned by Wyndham. My first stay was great but the second time they had offered too many time share opportunities to just about anyone and it went down hill. The clientel was kind of icky because they pretty much had let anyone and every one in to stay for 70 a night in order to sell timeshares. I never stayed there again because Wyndham got rid of it as they do with a lot of their properties after a few years. When we stayed it was great but I do not know what it islike now.

Just for the record, Wyndham never owned this property. They just had a management contract for it.

Sheila

Just for the record, Wyndham never owned this property. They just had a management contract for it.

Sheila

Well they were selling timeshares and if they are selling time shares then one would assume that they owned the property. Isn't that how timeshares work? Because I did attend a timeshare presentation by Wyndham and it was to buy a Wyndham timeshare at that property.

Well they were selling timeshares and if they are selling time shares then one would assume that they owned the property. Isn't that how timeshares work? Because I did attend a timeshare presentation by Wyndham and it was to buy a Wyndham timeshare at that property.

Certainly not worth arguing about, but we've been owners there for many years. At any rate, Wyndham isn't involved at all now. Mystic Dunes is, in fact, going to be a Diamond Resort now. Owners haven't received too much info yet about that except general promo type stuff.

Sheila

Well they were selling timeshares and if they are selling time shares then one would assume that they owned the property. Isn't that how timeshares work?
Not necessarily. There are many possible arrangements. For example, Wyndham is currently acting as a sales agent and manager for unsold inventory at Smugglers' Notch, in Vermont. The original developer still "owns" unsold inventory, but Wyndham is marketing it as part of their system. In exchange, Wyndham gets (a) a cut of the sales proceeds and (b) ongoing management fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter