Upgrading to AP from discount tix

2ndStar

Mouseketeer
We are finalizing plans for our June trip and I'm just wondering how it works to upgrade park hoppers to APs. We're starting with park hoppers to get a MM and use the park on a Sat (our last day which is an AP blockout date). So we want the hopper perks and then will upgrade just before we leave.

Here's my main question. I am planning on buying three of our tix through Home Depot where we get a good corporate discount which is less than the Disney.com price. I'm going to purchase one ticket from the Disney website and get the new Visa membership discount. This tactic saves us $74.

But when I upgrade to AP, will they look at the amount I actually paid to determine the difference, basically making all the discount-hunting a moot point or do they just use a basic face value for all hoppers regardless of where you bought them and what you paid? Just wondering how they determine the price difference between your park hopper and the AP? Can anyone fill me in?

"will they look at the amount I actually paid to determine the difference, basically making all the discount-hunting a moot point"

Pretty much! :goodvibes

We got our 5 day hoppers by getting a package through Costco. The hoppers' value was set at the pre-purchase price. So instead of their "upgrade value" being over $200, they were about $189 if I recall correctly. We paid the difference between 239 (the deluxe AP price last September...we upgraded the day before the price went to 259) and that 189.

The upgrade value is somehow encoded on the tickets, and they see it on their screens.

Shoot! Glad I asked before I went to all the trouble. Thanks so much for the info!!

Just checking but i think you still have to have a day on your hoppers to upgrade them you cannot use the last day then upgrade am I right on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter