upgrading to an AP?

HoosierFantasia

Growing older but not up......
I understand that in the first seven days of use of a PHP pass you can upgrade to an AP. My question is if you have a PHP do you have to upgrade to a PAP or can you upgrade to just an AP?
Also what price does Disney apply towards the purchase of an AP? If I buy my PHP in advance will they only apply the price I paid or the front-gate price towards my AP?

I know there is someone that can answer these questions for me. How fast are you?

Bill

Originally posted by HoosierFantasia
I understand that in the first seven days of use of a PHP pass you can upgrade to an AP.

The PHP can be upgraded at any time there are theme park admissions remaining on it.

The first seven days only comes into play if you are looking to receive full credit for the purchase price of the PHP. THe AP is back dated to the date of first use of the PHP. After the first 7 days, you would only get dollar credit for the unused theme park admissions to be applied to the cost of the AP.

My question is if you have a PHP do you have to upgrade to a PAP or can you upgrade to just an AP?

If you do the upgrade during the first 7 days, it will depend on whether you have used any of the plus options. If you have, you will only be able to upgrade to a PAP. If you haven't, you can upgrade to a regular AP. After the first 7 days, it doesn't matter whether you have used any plus options or not, you will be able to upgrade to an AP but will lose any unused plus options on the PHP when you upgrade.

Also what price does Disney apply towards the purchase of an AP? If I buy my PHP in advance will they only apply the price I paid or the front-gate price towards my AP?

It will depend on where you bought the PHP and when you do the upgrade. In your best scenario doing the upgrade before you use the ticket or within the first seven days, you will only get the price you paid for the ticket, no more. If you bought it in advance, you'll get no more than that amount of money for credit. Disney doesn't allow you to buy at advance price and get credit at gate price.

If you do the upgrade after the first 7 days, you will get 1/7 of the value of the ticket for each remaining unused theme park admission. There is no value for unused plus options.

GoldenOldie your killing me. I knew there would be someone on here that had all this info in their head just waiting to help me. Thanks a million!

Question on the credit amount. Does the PHP have electronically coded how much you paid for it? We bought ours through officialticketcenter here on the DIS. I wasn't sure how they know what you paid unless it is coded on the ticket.
Bill

Originally posted by HoosierFantasia
...Does the PHP have electronically coded how much you paid for it? We bought ours through officialticketcenter here on the DIS. I wasn't sure how they know what you paid unless it is coded on the ticket....

Disney's price is encoded onto the magnetic strip. In your case, you purchased it from a ticket wholesaler rather than from Disney so the amount they will credit you will be the wholesale price of the ticket that Disney charged to the wholesaler, not the retail price that you paid to the OTC. Disney does not issue credit for the added profit margin that the wholesalers add to the ticket price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter