Upgrading 4 day ticket to annual pass

candy0730

DIS Veteran
We plan on going to Universal for 4 days. I am going to purchase 4 day park to park tickets and plan on upgrading at least one to a seasonal pass since I booked AP rate at Portofino Bay. Can I do this after entering on day 4 or does it need to be done prior to entering? Since all of July is blocked out for seasonal passes I don't want to upgrade too early and not be able to get in on day 4. Do I need to get Power pass?

Last edited:
We looked into upgrading our tickets just two days ago and we were told that we had to upgrade by the end of the last day of our tickets.

(We didn't upgrade as the savings were minimal with our promotional tickets)

My memory is same as Sgt Tibbs, in that you should be able to go to Seasonal while in the parks on your last day. Just can’t leave and come back in after that! Not sure if riding Hogwarts Express after upgrading would be possible either. Are you checking out that day? Do you need to show the pass before checkout?

My memory is same as Sgt Tibbs, in that you should be able to go to Seasonal while in the parks on your last day. Just can’t leave and come back in after that! Not sure if riding Hogwarts Express after upgrading would be possible either. Are you checking out that day? Do you need to show the pass before checkout?
Seasonal AP allows for park to park access on the same day.

On your way out of the parks on your 4th day just stop by guest services and upgrade the tickets. Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve done it before.

Even if they are in the park on a day the seasonal pass admission is blocked out?
I was informed by a member of Guest Services in the park that you have to upgrade to the next Annual Pass level that does not have that day blocked out. So they wouldn't be able to upgrade to the Seasonal Pass in that case.

Thanks everyone. I forgot that we will be checking out of Portofino on Friday and checking into Sapphire Falls for the last night so looks like I will get the Power pass. I saved a bunch on the hotels so totally worth it.

If you're already getting the Power, you may consider whether the discounts that come with the Preferred justify the $50 upgrade. The Preferred includes 10% off dining and merchandise pretty much everywhere on Universal property. If you'll spend more than $500 on dining / merch, it'll be worth the upgrade. Plus it is so satisfying to save a little bit on Butterbeer!

If you're already getting the Power, you may consider whether the discounts that come with the Preferred justify the $50 upgrade. The Preferred includes 10% off dining and merchandise pretty much everywhere on Universal property. If you'll spend more than $500 on dining / merch, it'll be worth the upgrade. Plus it is so satisfying to save a little bit on Butterbeer!
We needed Power APs for our Thanksgiving trip in 2019. There were 4 of us and we stayed for 4 nights, and I think we saved a little more than $50 by upgrading to one Preferred AP. We made two additional trips before the APs expired, so we definitely came out way ahead...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter