Upgrade Tickets?

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Hi all,:yay:

I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can upgrade the give a day get a day ticket? I was thinking of adding on the water park option and wasn't sure if it was possible. Anyone know how much it would cost?

TIA;)

Yes you can. You will get a credit for the value of a one day ticket ($79 plus tax) for an adult toward whatever ticket you want. If you just want to add the water park option it will cost you $52 plus tax.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you buy the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $55.38 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park or Disney Quest tickets they cost $47.93 adult and $41.54 child. If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an appoximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

To upgrade the GAD ticket you must have first used it at a Theme Park on the day the ticket itself was issued. Then you can do the upgrade to WPF&M.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

Wow Cheshire Figment thanks for the info. For some reason I thought it would be a little cheaper:confused:. I really only need 2 water park tix. I have some old passes that have water parks still left on them. So It seems cheaper just to buy the 1 day waterpark tix.

Thanks for the info.:goodvibes

Can we upgrade the tickets during FD promo to annual passes?

Yes. Use the tickets at least once to enter a park, then go to guest relations and tell them you want to upgrade to an AP. You'll get credit for the gate value of whatever tickets you have toward your AP purchase.

Yes. Use the tickets at least once to enter a park, then go to guest relations and tell them you want to upgrade to an AP. You'll get credit for the gate value of whatever tickets you have toward your AP purchase.

For the life of me, I cannot understand the logic of this. I need to take my GAD vouchers to a ticket window, get a one day ticket, enter the park, and then when I leave the park I go back to Guest Relations to upgrade to an annual pass?

For the life of me, I cannot understand the logic of this. I need to take my GAD vouchers to a ticket window, get a one day ticket, enter the park, and then when I leave the park I go back to Guest Relations to upgrade to an annual pass?
The ticket as issued from your voucher is not a true 1 day ticket; it expires at the close of business for that day.

You can do the upgrade from inside the park.

Often they will do the upgrade to AP seconds after redeeming the voucher. An AP is considered activated on the day it is printed unless it is a renewal in which case it is synchronized to your previous AP.

For other ticket upgrades, the rigorous insistence that you use the ticket first makes sure that you use it on the date of redeeming the voucher as required. After the upgrade the ticket turns into an unrestricted ticket of that kind except for any usage history and finger scan already incurred.

The ticket as issued from your voucher is not a true 1 day ticket; it expires at the close of business for that day.

You can do the upgrade from inside the park.

Often they will do the upgrade to AP seconds after redeeming the voucher. An AP is considered activated on the day it is printed unless it is a renewal in which case it is synchronized to your previous AP.

For other ticket upgrades, the rigorous insistence that you use the ticket first makes sure that you use it on the date of redeeming the voucher as required. After the upgrade the ticket turns into an unrestricted ticket of that kind except for any usage history and finger scan already incurred.

Thanks for the explanation. I need to be able to explain it to DH.

Disney ticketing is a weird process with lots of weird rules, but for the most part they make sense.

As far as the GAD ticket goes, one of the rules is that you must use the ticket on the day you redeem the voucher. If you just redeem the voucher for a 1 day ticket that's easy... they just put a 24 hour expiration on that ticket. But, because you can also upgrade that ticket to a regular multiday ticket it gets a bit tricky. Regular tickets don't expire until they're used and they don't want you to get the GAD ticket and upgrade it to a regular ticket and then not use it for several years.

So they made upgrades a two step process. You must first redeem the voucher for a one day ticket and use that ticket to enter the park. That ensures that you have entered the park with the ticket. Then you can upgrade the used ticket to whatever you want. Whenever you upgrade a Disney ticket you'll get full credit for the value of the ticket, but the computer will see it as though you had the upgraded ticket from the start. For example, if you use your GAD ticket to enter the park, then upgrade to a 5 day ticket you'll get full credit for the value of a one day ticket ($79, plus tax) for the GAD ticket, even though it was used, but the 5 day ticket you get will also have one day used on it and four days left. The same as if you had bought a 5 day ticket in the first place and used one of the days.

Now, all that said, from what people have reported here (and my own experience), if you want to upgrade your GAD ticket to an annual pass or an annual pass renewal then you can do that all in one step when you redeem your voucher. Since the AP does have a built in expiration date it doesn't really matter if you enter the park with your GAD ticket first or not.

Finally, there is one more weird ticketing rule that comes into play when upgrading regular tickets, and that is that a partially used ticket (one that has been used to enter a park) will get full gate value toward an upgrade whereas an unused ticket will only be worth what was originally paid for it. If you just bought a ticket at the gate then this doesn't really matter. But if you have an older ticket that was bought before a ticket price increase, or a ticket that was bought at a discount then you'll get more money toward your upgrade if you use the ticket first. That's why we always recommend that you use the ticket before you upgrade it.

MEM said:

I upgraded my GAD voucher to a renewal annual pass in late January. It was done at the ticket window outside Epcot's International Gateway, and I didn't have to exchange it for a one-day ticket and use it to enter a theme park first before upgrading it.

But, if I'm reading OP's question correctly, she could upgrade GAD to add WPF&M and could then gain two entries to the water parks. Or could do a water park one day and Disney Quest the next, etc. Right? So it might make sense to spend a few extra bucks for entry to another water park or Disney Quest.

But, if I'm reading OP's question correctly, she could upgrade GAD to add WPF&M and could then gain two entries to the water parks. Or could do a water park one day and Disney Quest the next, etc. Right? So it might make sense to spend a few extra bucks for entry to another water park or Disney Quest.

Yes, adding the WPFM option adds the same number of entries to the water parks that you have days on your ticket, EXCEPT for a one-day ticket. Adding WPFM to a one-day ticket gives you two entries to the water parks and/or Disney Quest, Oak Trail golf course, or Wide World of Sports. If you plan to use two entries, it is cheaper to add WPFM. If you plan to only go once, you are better off buying a one-day ticket. Like CF said, you can combine the water park ticket and MYW ticket if you decide to upgrade.

I apologize if this has been asked already..

We just got back on Monday and have used all 5 days on our MYW tickets. Can we upgrade to an annual pass if within 14 days even though we used them up, and we're not in Disney?

I apologize if this has been asked already..

We just got back on Monday and have used all 5 days on our MYW tickets. Can we upgrade to an annual pass if within 14 days even though we used them up, and we're not in Disney?
No. To get an actual AP it must be at a WDW ticket window or GRO. Everyone 18 or older is required to have a photo ID. Anything related to an AP fro the Disney Store, online, or by phone only gets you a voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter