Upgradable Magic Bands

NVM. Just answered my own question. It looks like everyone attached to the resort reservation has to order all at one time no matter who is signed on. So I guess we won't try to get the bands everyone actually was hoping for, because the chance that they'll all be available at the same time is slim and none. Or am I not understanding this crazy process?

I'm starting to think that getting 4 bands at the same time that everyone wants is an impossible dream.

We actually scored a snacks band in the Space Mountain gift shop tucked at the very back of a row. I was like SCORE!!! I swear it was the last one in all of WDW.

No luck with the Stitch band (the clawed one), but the artsy Stitch is at several spots. Found a DVC one no problem.

I wasted 6+ wks on those bands and found most that I wanted in several hours in park. Sure I paid more, but the agro makes it worth an extra $10-15, especially given a 20% DVC discount.

Last edited:
I called Disney. I explained that I'd like to be able to set the expectations for my group about the chances that they'll get the fancier magicbands. I'm not going to be quoting here, but the jist of the conversation is that the issues we are experiencing are due to the fact that the offering is so new. She said the availability of band designs changes hourly, if not more, because of the demand. At the moment, popular bands may be gone in 5 minutes after they are available. She said the goal is to be able to offer all the band designs at one time without them "running out" in minutes. She said it's just so new, they are still working out how to manage it.

They do not plan to allow individuals in a group to order individually. We'll still have to place the order all at once for everyone in the group.

We are not vacationing until January, and she advised me to just wait to order, believing some of the kinks will start to be worked out.

I called Disney. I explained that I'd like to be able to set the expectations for my group about the chances that they'll get the fancier magicbands. I'm not going to be quoting here, but the jist of the conversation is that the issues we are experiencing are due to the fact that the offering is so new. She said the availability of band designs changes hourly, if not more, because of the demand. At the moment, popular bands may be gone in 5 minutes after they are available. She said the goal is to be able to offer all the band designs at one time without them "running out" in minutes. She said it's just so new, they are still working out how to manage it.

They do not plan to allow individuals in a group to order individually. We'll still have to place the order all at once for everyone in the group.

We are not vacationing until January, and she advised me to just wait to order, believing some of the kinks will start to be worked out.

Here’s a couple ways to manage, stop allowing people that don’t have trips within the next 60 days to order or allow them to but don’t ship them right away, ship them at the 30 day mark like the free ones (this will free up stock). It’s not that hard to find those ways. I’ve been trying since 7am of day 1 and have gotten this exact message every time and I try multiple times daily, I only have 10 days left to choose. Oh sorry the last couple days I’ve actually gotten the message out of stock on a couple as well but mostly this error.

1D0DF701-9651-4FE8-8710-6C9DB34356BC.png

I have emailed these suggestions to them as well so it’s not me just posting on here. It’s just so frustrating when you see so many people successfully ordering them and yet their trips are so far away.

Today there was 57 Bands showing. At least 80 percent said out of stock when you order. My sister did manage to finally get one she wanted. She went with the Black Panther one which I think is the coolest. So now I got the Lion King one and she got Black Panther. My Lion King already came to my house and we still have 4 months.

I was able to get Baymax today. Still holding out for that Haunted Mansion wallpaper one...

This is so frustrating. I'm still trying because all this frustration (MBs, Oga's Cantina reservations took over 100 tries, I dread FP reservations, what are the real park hours for our dates, cost insanity...) has us convinced that this is our last trip for a while so I want it to be special - within reason and budget. :scared:
I'm really hoping that the kinks are worked out soon so that we can customize MB's more than adding to our names on the back of standard MB's :goodvibes

Here’s a couple ways to manage, stop allowing people that don’t have trips within the next 60 days to order or allow them to but don’t ship them right away, ship them at the 30 day mark like the free ones (this will free up stock). It’s not that hard to find those ways. I’ve been trying since 7am of day 1 and have gotten this exact message every time and I try multiple times daily, I only have 10 days left to choose. Oh sorry the last couple days I’ve actually gotten the message out of stock on a couple as well but mostly this error.

View attachment 422499

I have emailed these suggestions to them as well so it’s not me just posting on here. It’s just so frustrating when you see so many people successfully ordering them and yet their trips are so far away.

I 100% agree. We aren't going until November, and while I've taken a look nearly every day to see what's out there, I don't try to purchase and won't until our trip is about 30 days way at the earliest. Disney really screwed up on this, I can't understand how they make things so frustrating and don't have quick solutions.

I didn't have the time or patience to keep checking the site. I went to disney shop site and just ordered what me and my wife wanted. Paid for it and received two in a few days. Yes it was more expensive but its done and I can go think of other things to plan for my trip. Now if I had more people to buy for I probably would have kept trying.

I didn't have the time or patience to keep checking the site. I went to disney shop site and just ordered what me and my wife wanted. Paid for it and received two in a few days. Yes it was more expensive but its done and I can go think of other things to plan for my trip. Now if I had more people to buy for I probably would have kept trying.

Agree, we’re a party of 5, so I’m not willing to spend $125, but I’ll spend $50 to upgrade.

Agree, we’re a party of 5, so I’m not willing to spend $125, but I’ll spend $50 to upgrade.
I so agree. I think I paid $10 per band extra for two of them plus whatever Disney was charging for the upgrade on their site. I think in total $14 more per band in total. Hope you find the ones you want!!!

I was so excited to see so many "available" when I went online today. I have 3 people in my travel party and the band each of us wanted was actually showing. I made it all the way to checkout...6 times in a row because of out of stock errors, until the 7 Dwarves finally popped up with their "I"m Sorry" message. It's very frustrating and we only have a few weeks left to try to snag these things. I'm about to throw in the towel.

I was so excited to see so many "available" when I went online today. I have 3 people in my travel party and the band each of us wanted was actually showing. I made it all the way to checkout...6 times in a row because of out of stock errors, until the 7 Dwarves finally popped up with their "I"m Sorry" message. It's very frustrating and we only have a few weeks left to try to snag these things. I'm about to throw in the towel.

I’m 1 person and only have 3 days left (really until Sept 2nd though since you have up to 11 days before your trip) and have had no luck since day 1.

Same here as posters above, but the in stock bands stayed attached to some of my party.

Does anyone know if the bands that are attached to some of my party will automatically become an "order" and the rest of us whose selected bands were out of stock and vanished will now get the gray plain bands or will the order stay in limbo until I purchase? I'd rather have 4th choice than plain gray! IF anything automatic happens, is there a designated time of day that it will happen?

Same here as posters above, but the in stock bands stayed attached to some of my party.

Does anyone know if the bands that are attached to some of my party will automatically become an "order" and the rest of us whose selected bands were out of stock and vanished will now get the gray plain bands or will the order stay in limbo until I purchase? I'd rather have 4th choice than plain gray! IF anything automatic happens, is there a designated time of day that it will happen?
The free bands will automatically ship out when it gets close to your last day to customize date. I would definitely make sure you have a colored band customized while you try to get premium bands. They won't ship premium bands unless you pay for them, but they will automatically ship the free ones for everyone in your reservation. :)

I went online at 2:30AM and there were 61bands showing. I was able to load everyone’s first choice (6 bands) and make it to the checkout screen, only to be stuck yet again with the error message. 😡 At least the selection has gone back up..

I went online at 2:30AM and there were 61bands showing. I was able to load everyone’s first choice (6 bands) and make it to the checkout screen, only to be stuck yet again with the error message. 😡 At least the selection has gone back up..
Yeah 62 bands showing up at 6:15AM. However none of them are actually available. I picked 7 different bands and got the out of stock message for each of them. Yesterday I actually got all the picks, clicked on complete order, and got another error message that one of my bands was out of stock.

Was just able to get a Haunted Mansion wallpaper MB. There are 61 designs featured as of 5 mins ago. Go try and get em'!

Was just able to get a Haunted Mansion wallpaper MB. There are 61 designs featured as of 5 mins ago. Go try and get em'!
None of them are actually in stock at this point.

I cannot believe that months later they are still allowing this to be their customers’ experience. It really shows the level of hubris of current Disney leadership. Between this and the CC hold ridiculousness I don’t understand why I even give them my hard earned dollars.

Day one I paid for a Vader band for DH. Months later an email it is out of stock & cannot be sent to out resort as international guests are forced to do. Several emails later & I have to make an international call and am in hold for 25 minutes to be told no Vader band. I can pick one I don’t want, or a refund which would COST me money in exchange fees.

Seriously any international guest reading this, don’t bother with this system. They’ll ship your band out to a domestic customer and you’ll get screwed.

None of them are actually in stock at this point.

I cannot believe that months later they are still allowing this to be their customers’ experience. It really shows the level of hubris of current Disney leadership. Between this and the CC hold ridiculousness I don’t understand why I even give them my hard earned dollars.

Day one I paid for a Vader band for DH. Months later an email it is out of stock & cannot be sent to out resort as international guests are forced to do. Several emails later & I have to make an international call and am in hold for 25 minutes to be told no Vader band. I can pick one I don’t want, or a refund which would COST me money in exchange fees.

Seriously any international guest reading this, don’t bother with this system. They’ll ship your band out to a domestic customer and you’ll get screwed.
The saga continues. Apparently DH’s band was sent to the GF convention centre & yup they wanna charge us the $6 package fee. Can’t even make up the level of incompetence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter