Upgradable Magic Bands

I ordered mine July 7 and I haven’t gotten a shipment email yet. I’m hoping it comes sometime soon

I ordered ours July 3rd and received the shipment email yesterday. I noticed that the MB that I ordered has been assigned a registration number and is listed in my MB list. It may not be here yet but at least I know that the correct band is coming.

For those who have had success lately, did you keep hitting Retry and it finally went through? Or did you just get on once and it worked?

For those who have had success lately, did you keep hitting Retry and it finally went through? Or did you just get on once and it worked?

In my case, I immediately tried for Pineapple swirl and kept getting the usual retry/dismiss screen. I went back to look at other options and another band came up that I hadn’t ever seen before, BB8. I was able to check out on the first try with BB8.

I've been trying for Baymax since yesterday. Just Baymax. I had tried for Stitch for a month with no luck. I would try to add it and usually get the dreaded Dismiss Retry at that point. Twice I got to the Purchase screen then got Dismiss Retry. Usually when that happens, the Stitch one will be gone shortly after. Baymax has been on there for almost a full day. I've given up trying for anything else. Three colored ones and the Baymax is all I'm doing. Always get to the Purchase screen then nothing. I really should quit trying but the Baymax one was the "must-have" one for DS11. I did a chat on the Disney site, knowing they couldn't do anything, but feeling like I needed to ask a question and tell someone this sucks. LOL

My sister ordered her upgraded MB's for our Sept trip on July 2nd and received them on Saturday July 6th! I thought that was very quick turnaround. She ordered the Ariel, Darth Vader and white castle bands. She wanted Groot but kept getting an error for it so did Darth Vader instead.

Last edited:
I had tried for about a week to get the snack band with no luck refreshing. Then one day it magically worked on the first try

We were lucky; I chose our upgraded bands the first day they were available, and the order went through correctly and the bands are now sitting here waiting for November to come.

Our bands that we ordered on the 3rd just arrived. I got the Epcot one, and it is OK, not as nice as my castle one for the first part of the split stay, I wish the pattern went farther around the band, but I have a small wrist so that might not be an issue for others. My husband got the black jack and sally band and it looks amazing, I want one now!!!!!

I'm trying to find a good work-around since that infernal upgradable Magic Band thing has turned into a fiasco. We did stickers on our last trip and weren't super thrilled with it. I'm finding Disney CoverBands on eBay and hadn't heard of those before. Are they for the current Magic Bands or the first version? Has anyone tried them? Any advice?

If the glitches are do to stock availability, those bands shouldn't be appearing in the rotation. I was able to order the black Minnie Dots on my phone in a parking lot using a business WIFI. My first choice was Haunted Mansion or even Snack Food. Those were hard to get. Five times I was able to complete my order with Haunted Mansion, but it was never listed on the confirmation email. I can continue to try for Haunted Mansion, as I have a few more trips planned.

Ordering of these bands is driving me nuts! I managed to get one ordered on the first stay in Aug, but the other one went out of stock and ordered grey. Its been 2 weeks and I can't get DD's to order on the second reservation of the split stay. Keeps erroring out.

All I'm asking for is the white castle band for my birthday trip. Every time I see it I click it and the site teases me with that dreaded "Unable to complete your request" screen. Then it shows me all the designs that I do NOT want (all nice tbh, but just not what I wanna upgrade to).
Holding out hope that fate will be kind to those of us wanting our desired bands soon. pixiedust: Luckily my mom is simple. She's perfectly fine with a plain blue magicband. Bless her welcome and appreciated indifference. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter