Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

You can't see Nemo because the fence is blocking it completely, only from Matterhorn. Are they still doing BB reservations when POTC is closed? That's cool!

I just made reservations for the Blue Bayou for Mother's Day :D

I'm trying to figure out POTC/BB. I saw POTC on the refurb list for my BB reservation date which is 4/28. I called to see if I could adjust and the CM told me the refurb had been canceled. It's still on the website though so I'm not sure what to think...

Edit: The previous conversation wasn't sitting well, so I called back and got a different CM. She thinks POTC will be closed but BB will be open. She tried calling the restaurant to confirm but they were no help. She tried another office but couldn't get a solid answer there either. So I had her move my reservation up a day. For me, the magic of POTC is seeing diners at BB. I can't imagine going to BB (my first time) and there being no POTC riders! I realize they could still shift the refurb, but I did what I could to get the experience I want.

I'm trying to figure out POTC/BB. I saw POTC on the refurb list for my BB reservation date which is 4/28. I called to see if I could adjust and the CM told me the refurb had been canceled. It's still on the website though so I'm not sure what to think... Edit: The previous conversation wasn't sitting well, so I called back and got a different CM. She thinks POTC will be closed but BB will be open. She tried calling the restaurant to confirm but they were no help. She tried another office but couldn't get a solid answer there either. So I had her move my reservation up a day. For me, the magic of POTC is seeing diners at BB. I can't imagine going to BB (my first time) and there being no POTC riders! I realize they could still shift the refurb, but I did what I could to get the experience I want.

Ohh man, you had my hopes up for a brief moment ~sigh~ ;(

Just back, the refurbs were annoying.

So going into the trip I knew our top 2 must see's for my wife and I (Indy and Alice) were going to be down for our trip :sad1: but we got past it and went to enjoy the original park. Being the Disney fans that we are, we appreciated all we saw and very much enjoyed our trip.

However, the amount of rides closures was beyond ridiculous. I use an app on my phone to see what the wait times are like and a couple of times there were like 5-7 rides closed at the same time. It left us frustrated and let down, but we just moved to the next option. Just an example of what my phone app said:

Indy - Closed
Alice - Closed
Nemo Subs - Closed
Space - Closed
Big Thunder - Closed
Pirates - Closed
Small World - Closed

Would you guys not get upset if all those were closed at the same time?

Ok, besides the rides, there were some major eye sores going on throughout the park. I was so looking forward to the New Orleans area and walking around there only to find a lot of the back alley's boarded up with refurbs going on... UGLY!

And not only was the Nemo subs ride closed, but the lagoon was all boarded up and drained. It looked like complete ****. I'm somewhat used to the big boarded up areas from WDW's Fantasyland expansion, but that lagoon takes up one whole side of the park. We caught a glimpse of the drained lagoon from the monorail.

At DCA, were were upset about Ariel and TTBAB being down since they were 2 attractions my whole family could ride. 2 of my 4 daughters are scared of Screamin' and ToT. That's just way too many attractions down in DLR altogether.

Next time (if there is a next time) we will have to make plans much closer to the date we're going to avoid anything like this happening to us again.

wow why so many refub and closed rides? When should we know the rides closed for nov time?

So going into the trip I knew our top 2 must see's for my wife and I (Indy and Alice) were going to be down for our trip :sad1: but we got past it and went to enjoy the original park. Being the Disney fans that we are, we appreciated all we saw and very much enjoyed our trip.

However, the amount of rides closures was beyond ridiculous. I use an app on my phone to see what the wait times are like and a couple of times there were like 5-7 rides closed at the same time. It left us frustrated and let down, but we just moved to the next option. Just an example of what my phone app said:

Indy - Closed
Alice - Closed
Nemo Subs - Closed
Space - Closed
Big Thunder - Closed
Pirates - Closed
Small World - Closed

Ok, besides the rides, there were some major eye sores going on throughout the park. I was so looking forward to the New Orleans area and walking around there only to find a lot of the back alley's boarded up with refurbs going on... UGLY!

And not only was the Nemo subs ride closed, but the lagoon was all boarded up and drained. It looked like complete ****. I'm somewhat used to the big boarded up areas from WDW's Fantasyland expansion, but that lagoon takes up one whole side of the park. We caught a glimpse of the drained lagoon from the monorail.

At DCA, were were upset about Ariel and TTBAB being down since they were 2 attractions my whole family could ride. 2 of my 4 daughters are scared of Screamin' and ToT. That's just way too many attractions down in DLR altogether.

Next time (if there is a next time) we will have to make plans much closer to the date we're going to avoid anything like this happening to us again.

I would have been very sad to have all of those rides down. Very sad.

Indy - Closed
Alice - Closed
Nemo Subs - Closed
Space - Closed
Big Thunder - Closed
Pirates - Closed
Small World - Closed

This many closures would have bummed me out too. :goodvibes

wow why so many refub and closed rides? When should we know the rides closed for nov time?

From what I have heard it is a combo of getting ready for the 60th anniversary next year and they got slammed by the California equivalent of OSHA. Major safety modifications on quite a few rides including Alice and IASW. Nan they want everything finished before the high season this summer. Except for Nemo, I think.

I know that but the people up above us in this thread are saying it's closed.

When I was looking at the map previously, they had some things closed for a period and then they opened up for a short time. All I can say is what the map currently says.

I know that but the people up above us in this thread are saying it's closed.

I think what that poster was referring to was scheduled refurbs plus breakdowns on space, big thunder and pirates, which likely closed them for a short time. That would be a serious bummer.

I think what that poster was referring to was scheduled refurbs plus breakdowns on space, big thunder and pirates, which likely closed them for a short time. That would be a serious bummer.

This is correct. Pirates was open but closed by breaking down on one night (at least.)

Ah, good to know it was just a temp breakdown. It's already bad enough that when we go in a few weeks for two weeks we only get one day to ride POTC.*

* Assuming it closes on time.

We were there yesterday as well, but must have been lucky as we rode IASW, BTMRR and POTC all yesterday. BTMRR was closed at opening, but was back by 10 am. We rode POTC at 6 pm, but I know they close it early for Fantasmic.

Magical Mickey show was canceled at the noon show...15 minutes after it was suppose to start.

And I just found out the departing flight for my sister's family just got moved up 1.5hrs. So we will have to cancel the Mothers Day brunch we had planned to do before everyone left at the end of the trip. Just the way it goes sometimes.
Just wondering if your sister phoned the airline to try and reschedule her flight so as not to miss brunch. I recently had flights booked on both UA and Delta that had schedule changes. I rebooked both at no cost because time difference was substantial enough. Each airline has its own policy regarding this, but it is worth a try.

Indy - Closed
Alice - Closed
Nemo Subs - Closed
Space - Closed
Big Thunder - Closed
Pirates - Closed
Small World - Closed

I think it's important to differentiate between closed and temporarily down for one reason or another.

To my knowledge, Space, Big Thunder, and Pirates were not closed anytime recently so try we're probably just coincidentally down temporarily when you looked at whatever app. And there is always the chance that the app is incorrect or behind on it's info you are trusting. Depending upon when you were there, it's a small world was either a known closure or falls into the same category as those I mentioned above.

So to answer your question, if I knew about the three and the others were just "at this moment" situations, nah, I wouldn't be upset. I would go so something else and when the ones I wanted to ride re-opened, I'd go enjoy them.

At DCA, were were upset about Ariel and TTBAB being down since they were 2 attractions my whole family could ride. 2 of my 4 daughters are scared of Screamin' and ToT.

I get being bummed about Ariel and TTBAB (although I think those were known in advance, right?), but there are a lot of other things to do as a family. I'm just trying to help you with perspective. Sometimes, just looking at it differently can change the entire memory. I hope you all managed to have a good time and make good memories so that you can forget what you didn't do and look back happily on what you DID do.

- Dreams

Indy - Closed Alice - Closed Nemo Subs - Closed Space - Closed Big Thunder - Closed Pirates - Closed Small World - Closed
Wow. I just went to DL this evening, and we rode Space, Big Thunder, Pirates, and Small World. I wonder why they were closed when you were there. I'm so sorry. That had to be pretty rough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter