**UPDATED FINALLY 12/10x2!!**"Ill be your Pin Pimp!" A very sweaty August 2014 TR!!

Holy crow, I totally forgot to read the last update of your previous report. Looking forward to the new one, though I may not comment too much right away as I leave for WDW in 14 more days!!!! There that should help your post WDW depression.

Man you had some craziness before your trip, another reason why we like to drive. It's 17 hours but I know just how long it's going to take, plus we don't have to rely on Disney transportation unless we want to.

I have to agree with the PP your title is pretty fantastic

Props to Pete, He's a champ getting by on that little sleep. I would have been crying like a baby with a full load.

Your room at BC does look pretty huge, and bonus on the double balcony nice score!!! We camped at Fort Wilderness on our last spring training trip, so I'm looking forward to get back to OKW this time. Beach Club is on our list though. We are big fans of F&W and being able to walk there would be pretty awesome, plus the fantastic pool.

Great TR so far I look forward to the rest, still don't think I have the wherewithal to do one of these and I feel I would get about as far as you have currently done and the it would just dry up...maybe someday

Wow, that BC room really does look huge! So did you guys spend any time on the balcony? I always love the idea of having a balcony at a hotel, but we rarely end up using it.

AAAAAand I forgot to subscribe again. My brain is a potato. problem fixed

Holy crow, I totally forgot to read the last update of your previous report. Looking forward to the new one, though I may not comment too much right away as I leave for WDW in 14 more days!!!! There that should help your post WDW depression.

Man you had some craziness before your trip, another reason why we like to drive. It's 17 hours but I know just how long it's going to take, plus we don't have to rely on Disney transportation unless we want to.

I have to agree with the PP your title is pretty fantastic

Props to Pete, He's a champ getting by on that little sleep. I would have been crying like a baby with a full load.

Your room at BC does look pretty huge, and bonus on the double balcony nice score!!! We camped at Fort Wilderness on our last spring training trip, so I'm looking forward to get back to OKW this time. Beach Club is on our list though. We are big fans of F&W and being able to walk there would be pretty awesome, plus the fantastic pool.

Great TR so far I look forward to the rest, still don't think I have the wherewithal to do one of these and I feel I would get about as far as you have currently done and the it would just dry up...maybe someday

Pete is a total beast. He is rarely tired and rarely is really hungry. I'm the complete opposite and need like 20 hours of sleep a day and if I'm hungry, watch out.

Being able to walk to Epcot was so so awesome.

Wow, that BC room really does look huge! So did you guys spend any time on the balcony? I always love the idea of having a balcony at a hotel, but we rarely end up using it.
The balconies were both julianne balconies or whatever they're called and were just big enough for one person to stand on them, so no. I mainly only went out on them in the morning to check out the temp or watch the crazy rain. If it had been a bigger balcony, I would of gone out there more.

AAAAAand I forgot to subscribe again. My brain is a potato. problem fixed
If you respond to a thread it automatically subscribes you :thumbsup2

Following along! You commented on Missyrose's TR and I saw that you were home in August too so I came over to take a peek at your dates and jackpot! we had overlapping days. I love to read TRs by people who were there at the same time.

Not to sound too stalkerish, but… me too. :) I read your last trip report shortly before we left, and we were there the last week of August as well. So I will be scanning the backgrounds of all of the photos you post. :lmao:

Not to sound too stalkerish, but… me too. :) I read your last trip report shortly before we left, and we were there the last week of August as well. So I will be scanning the backgrounds of all of the photos you post. :lmao:

hahah not stalkerish at all! I do the exact same thing!

This will now be my 3rd attempt to make this update! It has frozen the past 2 times, on 2 different computers! I guess it's just too much awesome to compute, right? Let's see if it takes this time...

So we had made it home. We were hungry. I was anxious to get to the parks, but as soon as we looked out and saw the Boardwalk, we knew we should go and check that out.

8B389BE1-DE8C-4CCA-9641-89946C7D6785.jpg

First Stop: Margaritassss!
tumblr_narnl7xNWZ1qa6z90o1_500.jpg

Pete got a Pina Colava and I got a Strawberry Marg, both of which I was happy to model for him. We grabbed some quick snacks and then just spent some time wandering around and checking everything out.

533087EE-5547-41D4-ACF6-8BAB0F2E931D.jpg

229FB1B6-C7A9-48DF-B055-307F06D209AE.jpg

72F1A889-1CEA-45AC-959A-5B12080381F1.jpg

It was starting to get really really hot and I had FPs for MK, so we figured it would be a good time to head over there! An air conditioned bus sounded lovely!
I was so excited to be home and I didn't take any photos as we arrived! It was actually really nice to be able to stroll down Main Street and just absorb everything.
Our first FP was for Big Thunder Mountain. I always forget how much I love that ride until I'm on it.
We spent a lot of time just wandering around, happy to be home.
We then had a FP for Space Mountain.
I was way more excited to be in Space that Pete was.
FE09A073-62FA-4910-8763-BCBC5ECEDFE6.jpg

We then went over to ride the Haunted Mansion, and when we came out, Festival of Fantasy had started!
WHAT A GLORIOUS PARADE!
24EEA538-5EFA-4F09-A9EE-98B9234A63DD.jpg

47998521-8A0E-40E5-A985-6795953A0D1E.jpg

814706AB-1D64-448C-8CCF-D311A13F57A2.jpg

4A2759E7-DEAD-40A9-927C-52A877A5ACD0.jpg

E57331FF-CB99-4F90-B22E-51FDA133A415.jpg

93218C48-8B7B-4DE2-A9CD-8B86EB525724.jpg

Then we headed to Gaston's Tavern to get some snacks. I got boring, gluten free veggies and dip, and Pete got boring hummus and pita chips and it was totally packed, so I didn't take any photos. JUST STICK WITH ME HERE OK.

It was then time for our Mine Train FPs. Again, no photos. We liked the ride. It was super smooth and had a nice drop or two. Plenty of adorable parts. Great animatronics. I was super confused by the cottage at the end of the ride though. We sat in front of it for a bit but because it was so sunny, I couldn't tell if there was anything in it! Overall, I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but I didn't feel any huge emotions for it. It was just nice. Cute. Enjoyable.

We had tickets for the Villians party later, so we headed back to the Beach Club to relax for a big before!

Great pictures! I felt like I was standing right on the Boardwalk. Looking forward to more photos. Love Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion. My favorite rides at the MK. :goodvibes

"The magic will fuel me!" I love that. There should be T-shirts that say that!!

And that Instagram caption is hilarious :rotfl:

I love the view of Stormalong Bay with the Boardwalk in the distance!

I haven't been to the Boardwalk in a few years but it looks stunning and I could go for a frozen margarita…

FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!!! My favorite!!

Great pictures! I felt like I was standing right on the Boardwalk. Looking forward to more photos. Love Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion. My favorite rides at the MK. :goodvibes

We could probably ride just those 3 rides all day and be happy!

"The magic will fuel me!" I love that. There should be T-shirts that say that!!

And that Instagram caption is hilarious :rotfl:

I love the view of Stormalong Bay with the Boardwalk in the distance!

I haven't been to the Boardwalk in a few years but it looks stunning and I could go for a frozen margarita…

FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!!! My favorite!!

I'm totally making t-shirts.

Pete's instagrams were pretty funny throughout the trip. He's a funny guy.

Festival of Fantasy was so so awesome but it was SO HOT and Pete hates parades because of the crowds so that was the only time I really got to see it. Sighhh

So, we were lucky that we got back to the resort when we did, because as soon as we got back to the room, the lights started to flickr.
And then Hades was clearly out and making his way over to HS to get ready for the Villains party.
6B0C6B62-F923-4D82-A3FB-7E8F149404A4.jpg

4DD91387-ACA3-402E-9413-A01CC2F092CD.jpg

I knew August brought storms everyday, but I didn't think it would be like this. I was honestly worried that they would cancel the Villains Party. We also discovered at this point that one of the phone chargers we had brought no longer worked. As my phone was acting as my camera and host to all my intricately laid plans, I was freaking out. I called down to the front desk and a. asked if they thought it would be cancelled, which they didnt and b. where could I buy a charger? The guy on the phone (who I'm assuming was a call center guy) told me that sometimes guests will leave them behind and the front desk will let you borrow one but he had no idea where to buy one. I even posted on the Dis asking, and no one knew. I went down to the front desk to ask about that and they told me I could leave my phone there to charge but I couldn't take one to my room. :headache: Oh well. I went back up to my room and ordered a 5$ one from amazon which hopefully would get there in a day or two since we have Prime. It seems a little silly to me that all the gift shops dont sell phone chargers (we did later find one at WL). I feel like they would sell a lot of them, especially if they had characters on them.
Anyways.
So, for the Villains Party I really wanted to dress up as Madame Medusa from the Rescuers.
madame-medusa.jpg

And I really wanted Pete to be the Poacher from Rescuers Down Under, but he hates and generally refuses to dress up for anything.
Since I was gunna have to dress up by myself, I figured I would go a more Disneybound route.
6F5A235A-2F6C-486C-A290-EA95ECC0EFC6.jpg

Which ended up in me just feeling like I looked like I got dressed in the dark. I had little Bernard and Bianca pins that a friend made for me, but because I didn't go all out I felt silly and kept my jean vest on all night. I don't think anyone realized I was dressed up.
535B7232-6EC9-4A37-995A-2F8FACFEE046.jpg

No one got it. I just looked like a crazy person. But Villains get dressed in the dark I'm assuming, so whatever, right?

Eventually the rain stopped and we headed over to HS.
0E2D273A-0471-4B6D-ACE7-8BCFEE06A914.jpg

Hey Olaf!

A65F67ED-2D10-4A65-9343-DDDF93DB3F9C.jpg

It was kind of overwhelming to walk in. It was around 5 and nothing had officially begun yet. We grabbed maps and wandered around a bit. We saw some people crowded under a tree by The Hat. When we looked up we saw a Hawk!
B035CAA9-7080-485B-9F38-DE482AFEAC05.jpg

This is a terrible photo of him. So we turned around to leave, and the hawk flew away AND HE HAD A DEAD PIGEON IN HIS TALONS.
THE VILLAINS PARTY HAD BEGUNNNNNN

I remember that rain right before the Villains party. It was a torrential downpour and It lasted awhile. I was outside my hotel room at POFQ talking to other people who were getting ready to head out to HS. So glad it cleared up for everyone!

I remember that rain right before the Villains party. It was a torrential downpour and It lasted awhile. I was outside my hotel room at POFQ talking to other people who were getting ready to head out to HS. So glad it cleared up for everyone!

I was definitely worried it wouldn't stopped but it totally did right in time!

Oh no, with the rain and the broken charger that's a really tough start :(

I love your Disneybound though! I think it's super cute!

Doing a little catching up while sitting on the patio here in Marco Island.

Score on your room being ready at the Beach Club. :thumbsup2 I remember when we stayed two years ago in the Villas, I thought we'd never get to our room (turns out I wasn't a huge fan of the resort in the long run).

Sometimes it is best to NOT take pictures and just soak in that walk down Main Street.

I loved the picture of you on Space Mountain. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ah yes...the rain; we had our fair share last week. :(

I can't wait to hear about the villains party.

Oh no, with the rain and the broken charger that's a really tough start :(

I love your Disneybound though! I think it's super cute!

It honestly didn't really bother me! Like, I do definitely panic when my phone is starting to die but I have a back up charger that we carry around the park so I figured that at least between the one charger we had and that one, we'd be fine! We were for the most part!
And thanks! I liked my Disneybound, I just wish I had gone a little more all out!

Doing a little catching up while sitting on the patio here in Marco Island.

Score on your room being ready at the Beach Club. :thumbsup2 I remember when we stayed two years ago in the Villas, I thought we'd never get to our room (turns out I wasn't a huge fan of the resort in the long run).

Sometimes it is best to NOT take pictures and just soak in that walk down Main Street.

I loved the picture of you on Space Mountain. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ah yes...the rain; we had our fair share last week. :(

I can't wait to hear about the villains party.

I really loved the Beach Club, but getting back to our room was always such a trek! It also seems a little tired. A lot of the carpets looked really old and worn.
I honestly tried to take less photos this trip and enjoy everything in stead, which may be problematic for Trip Reports, but otherwise lovely :goodvibes Heading over to hop on your TR right now!!

*Life Update!*
I'm trying to do more photo work and I've been working my butt off to get my act together! I finally have a website and I'm so excited. You probably can't tell from this TR, but sometimes I take nice photos! head over to madelinebarr.com if you're so inclined!

So after seeing a villianous hawk, we just spent some time wandering around. I wanted to check out all the Frozen stuff, so we wandered over to Oaken's Trading Post
EA1B1E2A-28E7-44DF-8860-6358C913022F_1.jpg

Pete was in no mood to stop and pose for photos.

9DC1344E-03BF-4403-8142-F12FC8891388.jpg

It was really cute in there! I wanted to go ice skating, but I also live in New England and can really do that any time I want for free. So we moved on.
F4D37946-9A4F-4E24-8D89-AB2B72D3B485.jpg

After looking at the Villian's list, we decided that the only Villains we REALLY wanted to meet were the Sheriff of Nottingham and Constantine. And then we started to walk around...It was still probably an hour before the Party officially started and people were already lining up for characters. This did not bode well. My main priorities were really seeing the special Villain's Fantasmic Pre-show and the fireworks, so we tried not to stress about the meet and greet wait times
We didn't have any ADRs that day and were still running on Boardwalk snacks, so we got more snacks.
776F1479-A853-4EE4-A8CA-0A17AEFF5330_1.jpg

Disney pretzels are one of Pete's favorite foods. He eats one at least every day and the Germany ones are his favorite. I got some unmemorable chicken from Fairfax fair that took an insane amount of time to come out. People were getting very testy. Luckily, even when hangry, I have almost endless patience at Disney.
We figured after eating was the perfect time to get some thrills in, right?
35C21B60-F121-477D-B716-5C158869633A.jpg

Of course! We are not really Aerosmith fans, even though we're from Boston, but we love Rockin Roller Coaster.
29E5D4A6-6484-4352-A1D0-F59B0A291EAD.jpg

As the sun started to set, it started to get spooookier out.
After we went into the Twighlight Zone, we chatted with a lovely CM in the gift shop and a huge group of people with excellent costumes came through!
ECEA5924-C889-42B2-BE80-361DBD5BC4F5.jpg

The Ursula with light up Flotsam and Jetsum were some of my favorite costumes of the night!
Character wait times were out of control, but ride times were excellent, so we took advantage of that.
E80C77F7-5C12-4F35-867B-993BB76F7D1F.jpg

I had originally really wanted to meet The Hag. I was so sad when I saw the line, but then when I got close enough, I saw that the Hag was not aging well.
44957909-B312-4882-9622-8177975686FB.jpg

As in, they had to dig her out of a closet from 1937. I settled for taking pictures of other people meeting her and figured this strategy would be enough for me at this point. It was so hot and I had paid extra for these tickets and I wasn't going to spend the whole time in line.
676090A8-EB90-4955-9E84-FD573B74F111.jpg

A1BE7AC8-92CF-4DF9-9563-C0D51AE0773A.jpg

BC2D6109-2CFA-46AD-AE54-1C9EBAB1953F.jpg

The area by Star Tours was probably the highlight of the night because they had lesser known characters wandering around, which is always exciting.
F793E3B5-6279-4748-9C74-F3B692A1FB49.jpg

Sweaty.
2251c8e5-6952-433e-9af2-ee90f7378ae2.jpg

It turns out that all villains are close talkers.

I cannot believe there was only one other couple with you on Tower of Terror! I'm sorry about the long lines for the characters, but it seemed it made it a whole lot easier to get on the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter