I can’t imagine HD is thrilled with you either using their discount on 3rd party gift cards instead of actual merchandise where they have much higher margins. Everyone is griping at Chase so that ship has sailed but griping at the merchant is a great way to get the merchant to make Chase change the offers.

Nice example of Chase changing offers- Dunkin’ Chase offers worked great for reloading Dunkin accounts until one day they stopped working and then the T&Cs changed to specifically exclude account reloads. That sort of thing is too small for Chase to care about so I believe the merchant forced the change…
I remember 20 years ago the amount of discounts that were available at the time. People would go to Raise buy discounted Target gift cards and then use them to buy Disney gift cards. Also at that time Target team members were allowed to use their discount for gift cards. Unfortunately it got to the point that the deals were stopped entirely. Big corporations watch these transactions and over time make changes in their favor.

We all try to do these hacks, but sometimes if they don’t work it is best to accept the loss.

I remember 20 years ago the amount of discounts that were available at the time. People would go to Raise buy discounted Target gift cards and then use them to buy Disney gift cards. Also at that time Target team members were allowed to use their discount for gift cards. Unfortunately it got to the point that the deals were stopped entirely. Big corporations watch these transactions and over time make changes in their favor.

We all try to do these hacks, but sometimes if they don’t work it is best to accept the loss.
I do remember, I feel so old. I go back about a decade in this game though so it wasn’t that far back!! Remember when the GameStop churn died and folks here had to become overnight game flipping experts? We find a way! But we also learn. Offers don’t always post, games don’t always work. Guess you get old in this game by accepting that 😝

I do remember, I feel so old. I go back about a decade in this game though so it wasn’t that far back!! Remember when the GameStop churn died and folks here had to become overnight game flipping experts? We find a way! But we also learn. Offers don’t always post, games don’t always work. Guess you get old in this game by accepting that 😝
Very true. I Rembrandt so many money saving tips and loopholes that have been closed. The one that I am saddest about is the adults ordering kids meals. Now it seems as though the majority of the sit down meals at Disney are fixed price. It makes me sad.

on my statement mine are 3 differenct charges. I am calling chase today. And letting Home depot know I am not happy with them either.

I would leave Home Depot out of it. They just started selling gift cards online, the more complaints they get and we're looking at them handing the job to Blackhawk Network. And if that happens our cc offers will no longer work and we'll be screwed.

THIS ^ I posted the same sentiment, sometimes you have to take the hit and a few peeps wrote they won't be doing that. Nice.

You play this game it's a given. Don't mess things up for the rest of us just because you didn't get yours. It doesn't matter the source, take the hit.

Added Offers ~ 3/24/24 / Discount District

Family Dollar

1711303848486.png
  • Save 10% On Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Domino's, Hulu, Roblox and Xbox
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 3/30/24.
Speaking of which,
Family Dollar and Dollar Tree will close 1,000 stores

This list, which is not complete, will be updated as more store closures are reported. Direct link
  • Slocomb, Alabama: A Family Dollar at 534 Lawrence St. is closing, but no date has yet been set, according to WDHN.
  • Wilmington, Delaware: Two Family Dollar stores are closing, store employees told WECT, according to a report. They are located on Greenfield Street and Carolina Beach Road.
  • Tallahassee, Florida: A Family Dollar on West Brevard Street is closing, with the city's four other Family Dollar stores remaining open, according to the Tallahassee Democrat.
  • Peoria, Illinois: Two Family Dollar stores are preparing to close their doors for good, according to the Peoria Journal Star. Going- out-of-business banners hung on the stores' exteriors indicate that "everything must be sold."
  • Wichita, Kansas: The Family Dollar Store at 13th Street and Broadway is closing, according to KSN News.
  • Humansville, Missouri: The Family Dollar store in Humansville, Missouri, will shutter its doors, according to a KY3 report. A sign on the store's door indicates the company is closing the location and urged customers to visit stores in Stockton and El Dorado instead. The store is reportedly slashing prices further to clear out inventory.
  • Willow Springs, Missouri: A Family Dollar store in Willow Springs, also in Missouri, will close, according to a local news report. Cashiers at the store confirmed the closure to Howell County News. Merchandise is being discounted by up to 90%, according to the report.
  • Gering, Nebraska: A location in Gering, Nebraska is selling items for 50% off and has a "store closing" sign, according to KNEB.
  • Middletown, New Jersey: A broad banner on the front of a Family Dollar store at the Eastpointe shopping center in Middletown, New Jersey hangs to let customers now it's their last chance to shop there, according to the Asbury Park Press.
  • Wilmington, North Carolina: Two Family Dollar locations in Wilmington, North Carolina, on Greenfield Street and Carolina Beach Road, are closing, according to WECT6. Employees at the stores said they haven't been told when the closing date yet, however.
  • East Liverpool, Ohio: A Family Dollar at 15 Walnut St. in downtown East Liverpool is closing, with its last day slated to be April 17. Items in the store are selling for 50% off, according to The Review.
  • Clearwater, South Carolina: The location at 4403 Jefferson Davis Highway in Clearwater, South Carolina is offering items at 50% before it closes, WRDW.com reported.
  • Lynchburg, Virginia: Two Family Dollar stores in Lynchburg, Virginia are closing, according to WSET. The stores are located on Campbell Avenue and Federal Street.
  • Elkins, West Virginia: The store, which is offering 50% off and has a "Going Out of Business" sign, said it's closing once all its merchandise is sold, according to the Inter-Mountain newspaper.

Last edited:

Update: Offer has been extended, now expires 3/30/24.

Fareway
1711304282330.png

• Buy $50 3rd Party Gift Card & Get $5 Fareway gift card
    • Limit unknown.
    • Excludes: Visa, Mastercard & Fareway gift cards
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 3/30/24. Post #23823

Office Depot/OfficeMax
1711305181731.png

• Buy $100 Choice & Spafinder Gift Cards & Get $20 Rewards
Credit Cards and More
  • Cash App Offer: 4% (max discount of $50).
  • Office Depot/Office Max Chase Offer: Various
  • Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x Ultimate Rewards.
  • OD/OM also accepts: Apple Pay
  • With Chase, BOA Offers, Buy gift cards in-store so they track.

THIS ^ I posted the same sentiment, sometimes you have to take the hit and a few peeps wrote they won't be doing that. Nice.

You play this game it's a given. Don't mess things up for the rest of us just because you didn't get yours. It doesn't matter the source, take the hit.
I think it’s a good idea to decide personally what your risk tolerance is. I don’t do certain deals or I do a lesser amount because I don’t want to risk it backfiring on me. There’s no crying when things go south. You just have to understand the rules before you play the game.

Did the charges show up separately on your statement? I fear that’s what they’ll base their decision on.
Yes they charged separately which is weird that they were ordered and shipped together. I'm happy that at least the $400 went through first and I got the $40 credit. I'm not going to stress over the missing $12.50 if it doesn't appear. It was still a good deal and I needed the cards.

Last time I did it (2022) it did even though it was not supposed to. I am not sure if it still does or not. Hopefully, someone who has tried more recently can comment on this. But it is YMMV if it does trigger for some.

It still works as of a few months ago but is ymmv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter