We went through the Target GCs we had gotten at 10% off in December really fast this year! They normally do that sale in the middle of the year as well, right? 4th of July? Will plan to pick up more.

No experience with Vanilla GC, but I have much better luck using the Visa GC I get at Staples if I go online and register them first, then I can use them for online purchases. This does not involve adding a pin, just registering them in my name.

We went through the Target GCs we had gotten at 10% off in December really fast this year! They normally do that sale in the middle of the year as well, right? 4th of July? Will plan to pick up more.

I only remember them during the holidays but don't hold me to that.

You are correct Target gc did go on sale three times in 2022:
July 11-13 5% , Oct 1 (one day) 10% and Dec 2-3 10%

If I remember correctly things changed in 2023, I even mentioned a sale might be coming in July but it never came to fruition. Target gc were only on sale once in 2023 and that was in December.

Not really sure what's going to happen this year, so it'll be a nice surprise.

Can you add a pin#? Not sure about Vanilla but some of the others you can add a pin and that has helped me redeem at grocery stores but not Walmart they always seem to process it as credit and never give the option to type in a pin
I added a pin when I got it and no luck. I've read people not having a problem with using it on Amazon so maybe it will work there. Like I need more stuff from Amazon... 😅

No experience with Vanilla GC, but I have much better luck using the Visa GC I get at Staples if I go online and register them first, then I can use them for online purchases. This does not involve adding a pin, just registering them in my name.
The ones at Staples are Blackhawk Newtwork which allow you to register the card online with your address and phone number. Which is why they pretty much work almost anywhere. The Vanilla Visa gift card are by Incomm and do not have an option for you to register an address or phone number. They are supposed to be able to be used online without having to register it, but in reality, it doesn't end up working because of this at many places.

I'm having the same issue. I was given a Vanilla Visa as a wedding gift and I cannot get it to work anywhere. It's super frustrating. I tried to apply it to my Disney balance for a trip and it would not work online or over the phone. I tried to buy a few things from ShopDisney, no luck. Walmart online has been a no-go as had Walgreens and Food Lion in-store. I guess I'm going to try Amazon next? I will never buy a Vanilla Visa. 😭

Not sure it will work and if it doesn't I wonder if there could be something wrong with the actual card. @bbsearchlight is suppose to be getting a new one.
I did get the new card today in the mail, and was successfully able to use it to pay estimated taxes at pay1040 ($497.50 toward taxes and $2.50 convenience fee to Pay1040) while the original Vanilla Visa wouldn't work there. So it clearly was an issue with the card. So if yours continues not to work anywhere, call them and see if the issue is with the card and if you need a replacement.

I got an email from BJs today at 3:09PM saying I have coupons available. One included in the email is $10 off $10 exp 3/24. But when I go to my account it isn't there. I even checked my husband's account. Anyone else get this email and actually see their coupon?
Nevermind I see what happened - I saw a coupon come into the app a few days ago and I made an order right away. It must be the same coupon, and the email was just a few days late telling me I had it.

I got an email from BJs today at 3:09PM saying I have coupons available. One included in the email is $10 off $10 exp 3/24. But when I go to my account it isn't there. I even checked my husband's account. Anyone else get this email and actually see their coupon?
Nevermind I see what happened - I saw a coupon come into the app a few days ago and I made an order right away. It must be the same coupon, and the email was just a few days late telling me I had it.

There are a few more BJ's coupons, not sure you have them all?

I added a pin when I got it and no luck. I've read people not having a problem with using it on Amazon so maybe it will work there. Like I need more stuff from Amazon... 😅

One trick I saw on Reddit that worked for me was to use "Gift Card" as the cardholder name. I was able to use it at Target online without an issue.

ETA: mine also had to be replaced because it was "reported as fraudulent" when I tried to use it on shopDisney.

There are a few more BJ's coupons, not sure you have them all?
Yes thank you! I think that's why I got so confused, I had so many in a short period to use I just assumed BJ's really liked me and I had another one!

@eticketplease , were you able to stack your coupons?
I thought I was going to go last weekend but wasn't able to.
I am going to hold off driving up there until at least 3/22 as more rewards will be loaded on to the card on 3/19 from the spend $100 & get $20 offer that ends on 3/17/24.
I will report back if I can stack the coupons at BJ's.

I had an e-mail from BJs on Friday saying I had a $10 off coupon for International Women's Day. When I opened the e-mail, I saw that it was a spend $70 by 3/31 and get a $10 reward on 4/4 to spend by 4/25. I was a bit annoyed because that is not the same as $10 off, but I was willing to do it. Until I clicked on and realized that it was spend $70 on specific product deemed "women's products"- think tampons, pads, lotions, body wash, face wash, dove deodorant and soap, and pink disposable razors. I was kind of offended. I'd say I would have been more offended if it included laundry detergent and household cleaning products, but that's actually what I needed!

Beyond that, no $X off coupons for me lately.

I've been out of the GC game for a few months, so I apologize if this has been discussed...

Has RMN been at 10%+ for shopDisney recently?

Did you guys see this article? Nebraska woman used rewards card loophole for 7,000 gallons of free gas: Reports

I feel like this is less loophole and more of a software glitch. In either event, I guess the lesson is don't be greedy. If she had just used the glitch on occasion, she probably wouldn't have been caught. (Note: not condoning stealing. If I had inadvertantly done this once and realized what happened, I'll admit that I probably wouldn't have gone back to pay. But if it kept happening, I probably would have told someone.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter