I’m not sure how Target’s algorithm decides who gets the rewards offers, but it’s definitely not based on how little someone shops at Target. I’ve gotten one offer since October and I only go to Target 2-3 times per year.

ETA - * One useful offer since October. These 10% off one item store wide that exclude everything but a pack of bubble gum don’t do anything for me.

Last edited:
Update your Target app if you don’t see a circle bonus.

I went to the page in the app and saw a circle bonus flash but then disappear. When I clicked Target Circle Bonus it would show Feb 22 “Available” with a link to T&C. Updated the app and was able to enroll.
Thank you for mentioning about updating the app. Once I updated my app I saw a bonus on my account. I also checked on my computer and saw the bonus. Maybe I should check on the computer also every time to make sure I am not missing anything.

Target Rewards - Boohoo!
Article posted on Sep 7, 2023

View attachment 836050
Target is being accused of playing “favorites” by a devoted shopper of the chain for how it doles out its Circle Rewards store credit bonuses. Looking at the responses from other shoppers who are enrolled in the program, she may be right.
To learn more go to Daily Dot

Whether right or wrong, it's not for me to say. I know several stores who play this game, why shouldn't they. If it's a way to entice the undevoted to spend more, isn't that a business strategy? What are you're thoughts?

It seems very likely that Target plays favorites, but who cares? Consumers can play games too…

Loyalty doesn’t pay. I’ve been maxing out sign-up bonuses from banks/credit cards for the past couple years by switching to whomever is handing out the free money. If I waited around expecting one of them to reward me for being “loyal”…I’d have less money than I do right now.

When I want to turn a prepaid into Disney I buy from Target. (I don’t recall the details but something started going wrong with certain pre-paid cards when buying from Disney and at that point some of us cut them off completely.)

I don't remember why either but I do the same. I only buy dis gc with prepaid cards on targets site. I have a few long term survey groups I'm in so every so often I have a virtual visa and only use it on target.

I think the issue started back when we were still all getting a lot of virtual visas from Swagbucks and people started having issues with them on shop dis.
I usually add my prepaid MC to PayPal and then pay on ShopDisney via PayPal, but for some stupid reason, I skipped a step and used the MC directly. I am sure that is why it did not work. After the 7 business days has elapsed (Feb 28), I will see if the money is back on the card and then I will try it with PayPal again and see what happens.

To All,

RE: Office Depot/Office Max Chase Offer

My offer doesn't say in store only, it says in store and online.

I think the issue is that if you order DGCs online it is fulfilled by a third party so it won't apply the cashback. If you ordered office supplies, you'd qualify but not gift cards.

@mickey916 is correct. The information is also on Post #2 Discount District, it states:
  • With Chase, BOA Offers, Buy gift cards in-store so they track.

Fairway Market
1708704211561.png

• Buy $50 3rd Party Gift Cards & Get $10 off your next shopping order
    • Limit 1 per customer.
    • Qualification certificate prints at the bottom of your register receipt and must be presented to redeem $10 on your next shopping order at your local Fairway store.
    • $10 certificate valid March 1-7, 2024.
    • Minimum purchase of $10 required at time of redemption (excludes prescription medications, gift cards, postage stamp sales, milk, cigarettes, fuel, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or any other items prohibited by law.
    • Excludes Fairway, Visa & Mastercard gift cards & all financial products.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 2/29/24.

I got the same deal ($15 on $135). Purchased $150 in DGC and nothing triggered. Purchased $25 again later today to see if I was just too quick after activating and it didn't trigger either. In the past they have all triggered virtually immediately as well.
I had that happen to me in the past few months, around Christmas I think. I want to say it took about 18 hours to post. Others have posted it happening to them as well. I think they all eventually posted. One person said they called Target and it got it taken care off but I think it they had waited it would have posted. It probably has to do with the GC's being from a third party and them not transferring right away to the Circle side of things.

I had that happen to me in the past few months, around Christmas I think. I want to say it took about 18 hours to post. Others have posted it happening to them as well. I think they all eventually posted. One person said they called Target and it got it taken care off but I think it they had waited it would have posted. It probably has to do with the GC's being from a third party and them not transferring right away to the Circle side of things.
Yeah I'm sitting tight, I recall that last quirky one might have taken a few days for some folks. And honestly if it doesn't post, don't see myself pursuing it. I still saved 5% on the gc it's not like it's a total loss.

I just ordered some gift cards from BJ‘s. They mail a physical gift card. I have heard some stories about physical gift cards getting them with the value taken off. Anyone ever have any problems with a card from BJ’s?

I just ordered some gift cards from BJ‘s. They mail a physical gift card. I have heard some stories about physical gift cards getting them with the value taken off. Anyone ever have any problems with a card from BJ’s?
I ordered10 or more back when they had the 3 pack deals and did not have an issue with any of them.

I’ve ordered gift cards from BJs multiple times and have never had a problem…however I have had a problem ordering gift cards from Sam’s Club.

As an extra pre-caution you could order via credit card so if it arrives drained you can dispute it without being out any cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter