Unfortunately no, you cannot use Target Gift Cards to buy any gift card.

Does she have this?

PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted via email
Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.​
Expires 5/31/23. DOC
The Red Card is a gift card? I thought it was a debit, credit or reloadable card that could be used for the 5% off. Are all gift cards excluded from that?

The Red Card is a gift card? I thought it was a debit, credit or reloadable card that could be used for the 5% off. Are all gift cards excluded from that?
You initially wrote:
She doesn't have a Red Card. Can she get the reloadable card and use that for 5% off of DGC?

Target Redcard is a debit card or credit card.

What reloadable card are you referring to? With a Debit card monies are taken directly from bank account.

If she uses a Target Debit Card, also a redcard she'll get 5% off on all 3rd party gift cards except on Target Gift Cards.

Update

BJ’s Warehouse Online

Buy $150 (3 pk $50) physical DGC for $144.99
$25 e-gift DGC for $24.49
$169.48

-$10 BJ’s coupon​
$159.48 Pay
-$9.57 (6% PP Discover Offer)​
$149.91 Total after cb
Shopping Portals here and here NOT included in savings as they're YMMV.

$175 DGC for $149.91 Savings $25.09 / close to 14% off.

Are these two Discover offers stackable at BJ's, if so it changes your savings.

$175 DGC for $141.94 Savings $33.06
  • Discover Q 2 - 5% CB: Wholesale Clubs
  • PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted via email
    • Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.
    • Expires 5/31/23. DOC
BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link

BJ's Coupon: Spend $150 in one transaction between 3/23/23 - 4/09/23 & Get $15 coupon in your account to use between 4/13/23 - 4/23/23.
Expires 4/09/23. Post #15063 :thumbsup2 @Jimsig
BJ's In-Club Coupon: Spend $150 & Get $10 Off
Expires 4/09/23. Post #15192 :thumbsup2 @Jimsig

Last edited:
You initially wrote:
She doesn't have a Red Card. Can she get the reloadable card and use that for 5% off of DGC?

Target Redcard is a debit card or credit card.

What reloadable card are you referring to? With a Debit card monies are taken directly from bank account.

If she uses a Target Debit Card, also a redcard she'll get 5% off on all 3rd party gift cards except on Target Gift Cards.
Looking in the app it looks like there are three choices debit, credit, and reloadable. I think I would prefer reloadable because I would use it to get the 5% on DGC and I would just transfer over what I need from my vacation savings account.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.PNG
    IMG_1028.PNG
    56 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1029.PNG
    IMG_1029.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 4

Looking in the app it looks like there are three choices debit, credit, and reloadable. I think I would prefer reloadable because I would use it to get the 5% on DGC and I would just transfer over what I need from my vacation savings account.

Sorry OP, I have no knowledge about Reloadable.

Why not just try it and let us know. I get it, peeps don't like that response but the same peeps who do try cannot be the only ones to keep trying every offer, every time. Please let us know.

EDIT to add, it should work, Target refers to it as a redcard. If it does work, you'll see the discount prior to checking out. Though I don't understand why you would just get a Target debit or cc.

1680721717860.png
  • Link to ad
  • Direct link to debit card page
  • Get a coupon for $40 off an over $40 qualifying purchase when you are approved for a debit or credit RedCard in-stores and at Target.com between 3/5/23 and 4/8/23.
  • The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their RedCard and will be valid through 5/8/23.
  • Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Baby Alive Grow Up Baby, Barbie (Camper, Dreamhouse, Dreamplane, Malibu House and Townhouse), Beats Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Bose, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, The Child action figure, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, DockATot, Dockers, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Dyson, Elvie, Facebook Oculus and Portal, face masks (Dolan, Sanctuary & Sugar Fix brands), Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO Baby, Hasbro Games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hatch Maternity, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, HP Inc., Infant Optics, Instant Pot, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Ninja, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Poo-Pourri, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, prepaid cards, PlayStation consoles and accessories, Revival, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Target Optical, Tempur-Sealy, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Unlocked phones, Vera Bradley handbags, Weber, What Do You Meme?, Xbox consoles and accessories, and the Zoe Doll.

Last edited:
Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Minor Category Changes

Chase is sending out a notice with upcoming changes on the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.

Benefits Eliminated:
  • The 2% Drugstore category is being removed
Benefits Added:
  • 5% back on purchases made through Chase Travel with an eligible Prime membership
  • 2% back on local transit and commuting, including rideshares
Benefits Unchanged:
  • 5% back at Amazon & Whole Foods with an eligible Prime membership
  • 2% back at restaurants and gas stations
  • 1% back on all other purchases
I don’t see these changes affecting our readers much. Maybe the 5% Chase Travel can be useful if you don’t another Chase card with that benefit. Doctor of Credit

Why not just try it and let us know. I get it, peeps don't like that response but the same peeps who do try cannot be the only ones to keep trying every offer, every time. Please let us know.

EDIT to add, it should work, Target refers to it as a redcard. If it does work, you'll see the discount prior to checking out. Though I don't understand why you would just get a Target debit or cc.

View attachment 751384
  • Link to ad
  • Get a coupon for $40 off an over $40 qualifying purchase when you are approved for a debit or credit RedCard in-stores and at Target.com between 3/5/23 and 4/8/23.
  • The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their RedCard and will be valid through 5/8/23.
  • Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Baby Alive Grow Up Baby, Barbie (Camper, Dreamhouse, Dreamplane, Malibu House and Townhouse), Beats Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Bose, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, The Child action figure, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, DockATot, Dockers, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Dyson, Elvie, Facebook Oculus and Portal, face masks (Dolan, Sanctuary & Sugar Fix brands), Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO Baby, Hasbro Games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hatch Maternity, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, HP Inc., Infant Optics, Instant Pot, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Ninja, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Poo-Pourri, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, prepaid cards, PlayStation consoles and accessories, Revival, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Target Optical, Tempur-Sealy, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Unlocked phones, Vera Bradley handbags, Weber, What Do You Meme?, Xbox consoles and accessories, and the Zoe Doll.

I don't think the Reloadable Red Card has been around a long time. I only saw it for the first time maybe a month ago.

View attachment 751384
  • Link to ad
I went ahead an applied her for the debit card.

I don't think the Reloadable Red Card has been around a long time. I only saw it for the first time maybe a month ago.

Right, I just read about it here. I never would have noticed it.

I see it now on DOC but still don't get it. What's the difference between debit vs reloadable?

@lsutigers03 This might be of interest to you.
The $40 coupon works both in-store and online (twice) for $80 off total. Also, you can apply for each version and get $40 for each, e.g. apply for the debit and reloadable (not hard pull for either) and get $160 total.

Coupon does not work on gift cards.

1680723708925.png

Google Adds Best Price Guarantee To Some Flights, Refund If Flight Decreases In Price Doctor of Credit

Google has announced that some flights will be offering a best price guarantee and if the flight drops in price they will refund the difference. Google tested this feature back in 2019, so it’s nice to see it finally launch. There are some restrictions though:
  • Flight must be labelled as ‘price guarantee’ to be eligible (see badge below)
  • Price must decrease by at least $5
  • Maximum refund is $500
  • Limit of 3 price guarantee bookings at any one time
  • Flight must depart from the US, must use a US billing address, US phone number, country/region must be set to USD and price set to USD
1680723760170.png
In Comments:
How does the refund process work if the flight price decreases after booking?
Refund shows up in Google Pay.​

How will this code a Google or airline airfare purchase?
Appeared as airfare through Airline.​

Amazon & Credit Card Offers

U.S. Bank/Elan Cards Offer: Various offers
  • Get $10-$25 With Internet, Phone, Cable Payment
  • Some U.S. Bank cardholders and Elan/Fidelity cardholders are getting the following targeted offer:
  • Get 1,000 points ($10) when you pay an internet, cable, or cell phone bill by May 31, 2023.
  • Others got a better offer for 2,500 points ($25).
  • Expires 5/31/23. DOC

Right, I just read about it here. I never would have noticed it.

I see it now on DOC but still don't get it. What's the difference between debit vs reloadable?

@lsutigers03 This might be of interest to you.
The $40 coupon works both in-store and online (twice) for $80 off total. Also, you can apply for each version and get $40 for each, e.g. apply for the debit and reloadable (not hard pull for either) and get $160 total.

Coupon does not work on gift cards.
I am figuring it might be for people who don't have a bank account. It also looks like it can be used as some sort of bank account too as you can get a paycheck or govt benefit deposited into it.

Unfortunately it requires a social sec number to verify identity (I believe it's due to the Patriot Act) or it would be a great tool for foreign visitors to get that 5% discount when they make trips over here.

What's the difference between debit vs reloadable?
The Target Reloadable Redcard has been out for 5-6 months (for sure since Nov 2022) and works the same as a pre-paid Serve or Bluebird card. (In fact I think it's being run by the same company) If anyone remembers back in the day the Target prepaid card known as a 'REDbird' it's the same concept.

The difference here is that the Target RC Debit card requires a bank account to link to and when you make a purchase an EFT is initiated directly from your account to Target. It acts about the same as your bank debit card for that account - except that it's a debit card that only works for Target.

The Target RC Reloadable does not require a bank account. You have a few ways to load money onto the card, including a way to transfer from your bank account, but also cash reloads in-store or direct deposits. The money has to be available on the card before you make a purchase. Here's the website -
https://www.redcardreloadable.com/

This version is a Visa rather than an AmEx like their first time around. And this card you should be able to use anywhere Visa is accepted, it just gets extra benefits for Target purchases - like the 5% off and free shipping.

You can hold all 3 versions of the Target RedCard and all 3 get the promo coupons during sign up drives. However, if anyone was ever banned from Serve or Bluebird before, I believe that ban extends for this reloadable. For sure you can't reuse a username from Serve or Bluebird accounts.

The Target Reloadable Redcard has been out for 5-6 months (for sure since Nov 2022) and works the same as a pre-paid Serve or Bluebird card. (In fact I think it's being run by the same company) If anyone remembers back in the day the Target prepaid card known as a 'REDbird' it's the same concept.

The difference here is that the Target RC Debit card requires a bank account to link to and when you make a purchase an EFT is initiated directly from your account to Target. It acts about the same as your bank debit card for that account - except that it's a debit card that only works for Target.

The Target RC Reloadable does not require a bank account. You have a few ways to load money onto the card, including a way to transfer from your bank account, but also cash reloads in-store or direct deposits. The money has to be available on the card before you make a purchase. Here's the website -
https://www.redcardreloadable.com/

This version is a Visa rather than an AmEx like their first time around. And this card you should be able to use anywhere Visa is accepted, it just gets extra benefits for Target purchases - like the 5% off and free shipping.

You can hold all 3 versions of the Target RedCard and all 3 get the promo coupons during sign up drives. However, if anyone was ever banned from Serve or Bluebird before, I believe that ban extends for this reloadable. For sure you can't reuse a username from Serve or Bluebird accounts.

Wow! Thank you so much!

Never mind I see it. @Jimsig post.

Why would someone want this card? Who is their target audience?

Wow! Thank you so much!

Never mind I see it. @Jimsig post.

Why would someone want this card? Who is their target audience?

I know a lot of parents who are starting their kids out on something prefer a reloadable card so they can better control spending.

Also, people who have bad banking history could get direct deposit onto a card like this if they no longer have /can't get approved for a bank account.

Wait, are these two offers stackable at BJ's Warehouse?

Discover Q 2 - 5% CB: Wholesale Clubs

PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted
via email
Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.
Expires 5/31/23. DOC

• BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link
And will these coupons apply?

BJ's Coupon: Spend $150 in one transaction between 3/23/23 - 4/09/23 & Get $15 coupon in your account to use between 4/13/23 - 4/23/23.
Expires 4/09/23. Post #15063 :thumbsup2 @Jimsig

BJ's Coupon: Spend $150 & Get $10 Off
In-club coupon
Expires 4/09/23. Post #15192 :thumbsup2 @Jimsig
I was all set to try this, but I can't remember receiving this targeted offer from Discover. I looked back in my trash folder to see, but it doesn't go back far enough. DOC said the offer did not require activation though (and I can't find anywhere in my account where it shows any offers other than the quarterly 5%), so I may just try it and see anyway. Fingers crossed!

Edit: I just purchased $150 (3 pk $50) physical DGC and $25 e-gift DGC for a total of $159.48 after using my $10 off $150 coupon (which should result in a $15 coupon to use later) and paid using my Discover Card via PayPal. Not sure if it codes as a warehouse through PayPal, so I'm not sure if I get the bonus 5% (I think it does though), and I'm not sure if I got the targeted offer. So, an experiment on all counts. At a bare minimum, it's 8.9% off plus 1% Cashback.

Last edited:
Update: Saks

I bought a dress a Saks Fifth Ave. back on 12/25/22. Paid with gc and remaining balance with Chase. The price was lowered on 1/03/23 and the size I ordered was still available. I called to get a price adjustment, everything sounded great, refund $50.35 will go back on cc. Chase statement arrives, it's not there. I assumed they added the funds back to the gc. Never gave it another thought as I've never had an issue.

Present day, credit was not listed on any statement nor were the funds added back to the gc. I called 1-800# it rang, then I heard click click and was connected to an automated message "Are you inquiring about your 12/25/22 Order #XXXX ?" I didn't press any buttons, it just went to this automated message. Weirdly unique.

Why yes, yes I am. Then I hear, a ticket has been activated.
Sorry Saks, not good enough. I spoke to CS who created a claim and provided a case #.

Just saying, $50 bucks isn't chump change. We'd do more just to get that amount of savings when buying $150 DGC, right? Yeah, I'm not letting that go. Nope!

I received this email from Saks stating my refund has been approved.
Again, not sure why it wasn't approved back on 1/03/23 but moving forward..
So I replied, Not sure why I'm having to wait up to more 2 weeks on top of the two months due to your initial mistake. This doesn't sound right nor fair. Why not just send me an egift and let's call it a day.
They replied We can't do that because we're already processing your refund. :confused3 What, should I have asked for an egift from the get go? Would that have made a difference?

Despite this crazy nonsense I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a price adjustment in the future.
1680730393539.png

I was all set to try this, but I can't remember receiving this targeted offer from Discover. I looked back in my trash folder to see, but it doesn't go back far enough. DOC said the offer did not require activation though (and I can't find anywhere in my account where it shows any offers other than the quarterly 5%), so I may just try it and see anyway. Fingers crossed!

Edit: I just purchased $150 (3 pk $50) physical DGC and $25 e-gift DGC for a total of $159.48 after using my $10 off $150 coupon (which should result in a $15 coupon to use later) and paid using my Discover Card via PayPal. Not sure if it codes as a warehouse through PayPal, so I'm not sure if I get the bonus 5% (I think it does though), and I'm not sure if I got the targeted offer. So, an experiment on all counts. At a bare minimum, it's 8.9% off plus 1% Cashback.

I'm pretty sure if you were targeted you would have posted it, like check your emails! All excited and happy to share. But I don't recall anyone here posting they received this offer.

Good luck & I hope you get all the savings! :hug:

I'm pretty sure if you were targeted you would have posted it, like check your emails! All excited and happy to share. But I don't recall anyone here posting they received this offer.

Good luck & I hope you get all the savings! :hug:
March was very hectic with sick parents, grandparents and kids, a destination wedding, and a job change. I missed so very much last month, and in more than one instance, accidentally paid a bill twice. It is very very possible that I missed an email. But, it would be odd if no one else at all got one. So who knows. We'll see what comes of my order.

@miztressuz,

I noticed on DH accounts, Discover & Amex he listed 0 for income.
Could this be the reason he never gets offers?
He gets the standard offers from Amex. but he never gets Targeted offers that go above and beyond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter