I also would put TopCashback in the same higher risk category, as it also has large numbers of complaints on DoC about not paying out. Think of it this way, if every time they only pay out to 80% of the people, you might ask around and you will still get most people telling you I've used them and never had a problem with them.

TCB, MrR, Rakuten, iBotta, all have their own issues about paying out. But 99% of the problems are user related for not properly following the rules (wrong category, ad blocks, opening new tabs, clicking back button, etc). The cookie trail breaks, and they won't pay. I use TCB and iBotta, both approaching $1K on each in payouts in the last couple of years. Even when a company has not paid, both have been helpful in putting the corresponding claim up the line. I've got cases going on for over 6 months, but eventually got paid off.

It is very different from companies that resell GCs. There is a high risk involved in getting funds siphoned out depending on the merchant. Or the fact the original owner still has the numbers can do a card to card transfer (Disney, Starbucks).

Warning for Subway gift cards! Subway does not guarantee and will not replace any gift cards that are lost through fraud. I won a $50 egift card in a sweepstakes and stupidly added it into my Subway account for what I thought would be protection (the fine print on the card reads only cards linked to account will be replaced) Within 3 days the entire card was spent and an additional $10 was spent from another card I had on my account. I called the gift card # and was told even though the back of the card does state those terms, there is fine print that we agree to as Subway Rewards members that negates what the cards say making them not responsible and the cards are only as good as cash and not replaceable. Geez, thanks but no thanks Subway!

As a side note, I have had gift cards fraudulently used from both my Starbucks and Chipolte accounts in the past and both companies were great about opening a case and getting my balances replaced ASAP so I was NOT expecting the phone call I had with Subway management this afternoon!

You have a problem with your credentials being leaked out. At first I would have said, the Subway GC you won someone had the numbers and that's how the cleaned it, but since they took funds from another GC, someone obviously has access to your credentials. And since you had the same problem with other accounts, it's obviously you're using easy to guess passwords, or you have some type of keystroke logger in a computer. Careful!

My Dosh app has 2% cash back at Walmart.com up to $10 a day. I hardly check Dosh anymore and got a surprise email after placing my order!

I've used it recently to open a new Sams account ($60 in GCs, $45+$45 instant savings, $10 dosh, etc). Was surprised they still had 5% back (up to $15) on Sam's in-store purchases. So got some DGCs on two different trips...

Not the same as to when iBotta had 10% back, which was at the same time that Uber had 5%...

Does the Dosh 2% cash back on Walmart.com apply to the purchase of Walmart GCs? Also...the comment about the 5% back on Sam's in-store purchases..does that apply to GCs?

TCB, MrR, Rakuten, iBotta, all have their own issues about paying out. But 99% of the problems are user related for not properly following the rules (wrong category, ad blocks, opening new tabs, clicking back button, etc). The cookie trail breaks, and they won't pay. I use TCB and iBotta, both approaching $1K on each in payouts in the last couple of years. Even when a company has not paid, both have been helpful in putting the corresponding claim up the line. I've got cases going on for over 6 months, but eventually got paid off.

It is very different from companies that resell GCs. There is a high risk involved in getting funds siphoned out depending on the merchant. Or the fact the original owner still has the numbers can do a card to card transfer (Disney, Starbucks).

I will respond to you line by line:

1) "TCB, MrR, Rakuten, iBotta, all have their own issues about paying out."

No, that is not true. TCB has issues paying out, there are virtually no issues with MrR or Ratuken (I don't know about ibotta). This is evidenced that every time DoC reports on TCB the comments section are full of complaints specifically about TCB and not about the others. In fact, people specifically say they have stopped using TCB and are either using MrR or Ratuken. See DoC link below.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/topcashback-get-10-cash-back-at-raise-com/

2) "But 99% of the problems are user related for not properly following the rules (wrong category, ad blocks, opening new tabs, clicking back button, etc). The cookie trail breaks, and they won't pay."

And you are basing this assertion on what? You have any evidence that the people complaining about TCB all the users fault? I highly doubt this is true, with the number of people complaining about TCB. Somehow only TCB people are not following the rules, yet these problems rarely manage to happen at MrR or Ratuken?

3) "I use TCB and iBotta, both approaching $1K on each in payouts in the last couple of years. Even when a company has not paid, both have been helpful in putting the corresponding claim up the line. I've got cases going on for over 6 months, but eventually got paid off."

Just because you didn't have a problem, doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. George Burns smoked a cigar every day of his life and lived to the age of 100 - that doesn't make smoking healthy. Just because he didn't have a problem, there are still lots of other people who do.

TCB should be considered a higher risk due to the large number of complaints they have. There is nowhere near the number of complaints about Ratuken or MrR.

No, that is not true. TCB has issues paying out, there are virtually no issues with MrR or Ratuken (I don't know about ibotta). This is evidenced that every time DoC reports on TCB the comments section are full of complaints specifically about TCB and not about the others. In fact, people specifically say they have stopped using TCB and are either using MrR or Ratuken. See DoC link below.

Actually I have issues with Rakuten, currently ongoing. I purchased 6 items from Macy's during 10% cb being offered at Rakuten. I returned 1 item and they removed my entire cb. This is just one example of many that happens repeatedly.

This isn't a user related issue. I'm not new to their system and know very well how it works. Their irrational reason for the claw back, "You no longer qualified." When asked Why not? the credit appears though days later. One time I had to upload photos of my receipts and merchandise to show I only returned 1 item.

There is no intelligent reason or explanation for this. This is just Rakuten using the rake to claw back money that is rightfully mine under their terms. Same with RMN, they're not perfect either.

Added Offers

Discount District
Kroger: Buy 2x IHOP Gift Cards Totaling $40+ & Save $5 Expires 3/10/20 Link

Dell: Buy $100 Xbox Gift Card For $90 With Promo Code GAME10
  • Amex Business Platinum comes with a twice-annual $100 Dell credit. You’ll need to spend an additional $10 though, so adding a $10 gift card should do the trick.
  • Limit unknown. Expiry date unknown. Link
pixiedust: One Day Deals! Saturday, February 29, 2020 Leap Day!
Dollar General: Save 15% On Select Gift Cards
PlayStation Store, GameStop, Applebee's, IHOP & Dominos.
Limit 1, Valid 2/29/20 Only Link

Tanger Outlets: Get $29 Gift Card Free For First 20 Shoppers.
Valid 2/29/20 Only Link

Best Buy: Free Pokémon Trade and Play Day from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. 2/29/20
Find a participating Best Buy store below, and go trade Pokémon cards and enjoy other fun activities. Card trading is intended for participants under 16.
While supplies last, participants will receive a booster pack that consists of a three-card mini pack, activity sheet, Pokémon coin and guide. Check your location HERE

Target: Free Dr. Seuss's Birthday Event from 10-11:30am. 2/29/20. Kids will enjoy a reading of “Happy Birthday to You” every 30 minutes. There will be fun activities, cool giveaways and more. Check your location HERE

:tigger:41 Food and Travel Freebies for Leap Day 2020 Link

Misc.
Amazon:
Check Your Expiring Amazon No-Rush Credits Expiring This Week, Try Calling To Upgrade Them Into A Site wide Credit! Link
United: Check to see if you’re Targeted for Bonus Miles for flying United. Link

Last edited:
Actually I have issues with Rakuten, currently ongoing. I purchased 6 items from Macy's during 10% cb being offered at Rakuten. I returned 1 item and they removed my entire cb. This is just one example of many that happens repeatedly.

This isn't a user related issue. I'm not new to their system and know very well how it works. Their irrational reason for the claw back, "You no longer qualified." When asked Why not? the credit appears though days later. One time I had to upload photos of my receipts and merchandise to show I only returned 1 item.

There is no intelligent reason or explanation for this. This is just Rakuten using the rake to claw back money that is rightfully mine under their terms. Same with RMN, they're not perfect either.
I've had issues with Rakuten too. The reason they've given me in the past for denial is something like "the merchant refused to pay us so we can't pay you." It is so frustrating. I have learned never to make a purchase based solely on the potential for cash back because you never know if these portals will actually pay.

Just want to double check here before I buy...I can use a Gap digital gift card at Old Navy, right?

Does the Dosh 2% cash back on Walmart.com apply to the purchase of Walmart GCs? Also...the comment about the 5% back on Sam's in-store purchases..does that apply to GCs?

I don't see any restriction on Walmart gift cards but I haven't tested it yet. Also, I have used the sam's 5% in-store for gift cards in the past and received it although I think it officially said it didn't apply. I think the Sams offer is targeted as I have not seen an in-store offer on my account since late last year.

I think the Sams offer is targeted as I have not seen an in-store offer on my account since late last year.
I also checked my Dosh for the Sam's 5% cb and had nothing. The screenshot shows "Sam's up to 5% in-store" but once I log in it disappears.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-110600_Dosh.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-110600_Dosh.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
Is your Dosh offer for Walmart.com or Walmart Grocery?
Walmart.com. I placed an order for random household items we needed and got the email of instant cash back. My order did not include any gift cards. I did click through Rakuten and received the cash back from both Rakuten and Dosh as pending.

Just want to double check here before I buy...I can use a Gap digital gift card at Old Navy, right?

Hope I not too late! YES.
Terms & Conditions
May be redeemed for merchandise at any Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, or Athleta location, including Outlet and Factory stores. Link :teeth:

Amtrak: 50% Off Select Fares (Leap Day Sale)
  • Sales dates: February 28–29, 2020
  • Travel dates: March 7–April 8, 2020 Link

Did you check Post #6 Cashback (CB) Portals & Discounted Gift Card Websites
I have a link for Gift Card Wiki , I think this may help you?
I use that tool also, but for direct purchases. GiftCard Granny used to show you which gift card resale site had the best deals for different vendors.

What I try to do is get a discounted gift card for a site, and then go to Rakuten or TopCashback or whatever (based on the gift card wiki recommends), and use the discounted gift card to get what I need. That way I save money on the purchase AND save money for our Disney trip.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/topcashback-get-10-cash-back-at-raise-com/

2) "But 99% of the problems are user related for not properly following the rules (wrong category, ad blocks, opening new tabs, clicking back button, etc). The cookie trail breaks, and they won't pay."

And you are basing this assertion on what? You have any evidence that the people complaining about TCB all the users fault? I highly doubt this is true, with the number of people complaining about TCB. Somehow only TCB people are not following the rules, yet these problems rarely manage to happen at MrR or Ratuken?

3) "I use TCB and iBotta, both approaching $1K on each in payouts in the last couple of years. Even when a company has not paid, both have been helpful in putting the corresponding claim up the line. I've got cases going on for over 6 months, but eventually got paid off."

Just because you didn't have a problem, doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. George Burns smoked a cigar every day of his life and lived to the age of 100 - that doesn't make smoking healthy. Just because he didn't have a problem, there are still lots of other people who do.

TCB should be considered a higher risk due to the large number of complaints they have. There is nowhere near the number of complaints about Ratuken or MrR.

Just to add another data point to #1 above, I too have had issues with TCB as recently as its 2/13 10% Raise discount. While everyone can make mistakes, I am 99.9% certain that I and at least three other people I know did everything correctly in clicking through the links and none of us got credited for our purchases. It seems highly suspect to me. While we have all filed claims and they may ultimately be honored, it delays the process by at least 2-3 months (first wait for the claim to be submitted to Raise, then for Raise to respond and then another 2-3 to start the waiting period), so it does seem to me this is more about TCB then users.

Added Offers

Discount District
Giant Eagle:
Save $5 instantly wyb a 1 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Gift Card $14.99
Save $10 instantly wyb a 3 Month Xbox Live Gift Card $24.99
Expires 3/13/20 Direct Link
Giant Eagle DP: Gift card purchases from Giant Eagle online codes as groceries.

Kinney Drugs: Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Kinney Drugs Gift Card Free
Uber, PlayStation Store, Google Play & Xbox or Xbox Live?
Expires 3/07/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Amazon / Chase Offers/BofA: 10% Back at Whole Foods on Amazon.com (Max $6). Check your Chase Offers. Expires 3/29/20 Link

MISC.
Costco:
Free $10 Costco Cash Card by Enrolling in Auto-Renewal. YMMV
Costco is sending out an offer to some members via snail mail:
Signup for auto-renewal on your Costco membership using a Visa credit card and get a free $10 Costco Cash card.​

Similar offer in the past, but it was for $20 instead of $10, also it has been possible to sign up for this offer by calling in even if you didn’t receive the offer yourself.
Doc Credit

Delta Leap Day Flash Sale: Various Destinations On Sale From 10,000 Miles.
Expires 3/01/20 Link

Hyatt: Hyatt Extending Status & Free Night Certificates For Some Due To COVID-19. To learn more, please go HERE

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter