It may not help but I'd blast them on twitter. I'd also read through all the terms to see if it actually says it invalidates the terms on the physical gc. Bad business practice and I'd let everyone know. I don't eat there anyway but this is more reason not to.
I did reach out to Subway on both Facebook and Twitter after my infuriating conversation with their gift card reps. I have never been treated so rudely by anyone on the phone and the manager I asked for was worse that than the rep! I am still in shock that such a loophole is built into their system to avoid liability. I hate to post negativity on the boards but figured there must be others like me who save up gift cards for travel and should be aware of Subways policy. I will post an update if I get any response from corporate but I will definitely not be collecting anymore Subway gift cards in the future!

I hate to post negativity on the boards but figured there must be others like me who save up gift cards for travel and should be aware of Subways policy. I will post an update if I get any response from corporate but I will definitely not be collecting anymore Subway gift cards in the future!
All are welcome to post their experiences here. I hope you're able to get things resolved without issue. We actually buy them for our son as there's a location near his school. Many students go there to grab a bite to eat and hang out but they're not the only game in town.

Added Offers

Disney Gift Card Deals
Harris Teeter: 4x Fuel Points On 3rd Party Gift Cards & Fixed-Value Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards. Expires 3/3/20 Link

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop: Earn 10x Gas Rewards Points On Google Play Gift Cards.
  • 10x Gas Rewards Points can save you up to 20% on gas. This might therefore be a good reselling opportunity for some people, especially when taking into account credit card rewards from a card that earns more at grocery stores.
  • Offer valid February 28 to March 5, 2020. Link

Giant Eagle: Earn 3x Fuelperks+ On Every $50 Of Target Gift Cards, 2x On 28 Other Brands.
  • Be sure to use the link, there’s a long list of gc’s for the 2x category.
  • Offer valid February 27-29, 2020 Link
Kroger: Save $10 On 3 Month Xbox Live Gift Cards & $5 Off Xbox Game Pass Gift Cards.
Kroger is offering the following deals:
  • Physical gift cards
    • Buy 3 month Xbox Live gift card for $14.99 – in-store only
    • Buy 1 month Xbox Game Pass gift card for $9.99 – in-store only
  • eGift cards
    • Buy 3 month Xbox Live gift card for $14.99 – online only
    • Buy 1 month Xbox Game Pass gift card for $9.99 – online only
  • Buy them until this weekend to earn 4x fuel points.
  • Physical gift cards – limit 1 per brand, expires March 13, 2020.
  • eGift cards – limit 3 per brand, expires March 10, 2020. Link
Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Etc.: Get Gas Discount Of Up To $1/Gallon With Fuel Points. Expires 3/10/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Amazon: $15 off $50 on Select Household Items (Tide Pods, Kleenex, Bounty, Ziploc & More). Expiry Unknown. Link

JetBlue:

With everyone worried about the coronavirus, JetBlue announced they are waiving cancellation fees and change fees for travel booked between February 27th and March 11th. Link

Has anyone heard of or used "The Drop App" ?

Edit: So I found this a bit confusing, not misleading just confusing.

BJ’s Inner Circle Membership $25 normally $55 - Stack With Drop For Further $20 Off

Then Doc goes on to say,
Drop/Dosh is also offering $20 back when you purchase an inner circle membership, it should trigger but it might not due to the inner circle membership already being discounted.
Even in the comments some have reported they couldn't find the offer on Drop and Dosh would not credit $20 as the membership needs to be full price. Link

Last edited:
So learned today why Disney doesn't accept the the prepaid visa anymore. Because apparently there have been instances of people going into places like staples, rite aid, etc. somehow maneuvering the cards inside the sleeves so they can get a copy of the bar code and then just start running the cards repeatedly until they process. And the way the Disney system is set up it will take it usually but then the system declines it over night and then it becomes a hassle with the customers. And the only reason I know why was because we gave a Visa to someone and later found out it was stripped of the cash and had to file a claim to Visa.

That's horrible! Just out of curiosity, how long did it take Visa to resolve it?

Visa was actually really great and issued us a new card right away. But they did say if we didn’t hang on to the purchase receipt we’d have had a lot more trouble. So moral of the story is hang onto the receipts until you use up the gift card. I felt very lucky that it was a thank you gift for the business, because I would have chucked it if I didn’t need it for bookkeeping.

ETA: they did ask for some personal details because you are basically filing a fraud claim when you do this. They offered to send a new card or said we could dispute the purchase with Chase and they would provide documentation explaining that the gift card was stripped. But we just went for the card Because it’s coming straight from Visa. And we figured it will be fine. And it was

Stopped by Lowe's yesterday to get a Kroger gift card. Have maxed out my Amex offer. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be hitting Kroger up for gift cards (Disney for August cruise, Target for DS's RX which insurance won't cover, Google Play for YouTube TV, and Amazon for all the other stuff we "need").

Stopped by Lowe's yesterday to get a Kroger gift card. Have maxed out my Amex offer. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be hitting Kroger up for gift cards (Disney for August cruise, Target for DS's RX which insurance won't cover, Google Play for YouTube TV, and Amazon for all the other stuff we "need").

I was at Lowe's yesterday too. Maybe we walked past each other without realizing it . . . :)

Do your local Kroger's accept debit cards for MOs? I asked at my local store and they said no. That was about 4 years ago.

I've never purchased a MO before. I thought I'd try using a $200 Visa GC but need to find a good deal on one first. I saved the offer and have until April to use it. I'm just going to try without asking, might have to try multiple times and at various locations. :rolleyes1

Offers Now LIVE

Kroger

• Earn 4x Fuel Points On Fixed-Value Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards. Expires 3/01/20 Link
  • Earn 4x fuel points on gift cards with digital coupon.
    On All Third Party Gift Cards.
    Expires 3/01/20 Post #772
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
Earn 10x Gas Rewards Points On Google Play Gift Cards.
  • 10x Gas Rewards Points can save you up to 20% on gas. This might therefore be a good reselling opportunity for some people, especially when taking into account credit card rewards from a card that earns more at grocery stores.
  • Expires 3/05/20. Link

Added Offers

Discount District
ShopRite: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Save $10 On Next Shopping Order
GameStop, Buffalo Wild Wings, Subway & Jersey Mike’s
ShopRite Stores In Maryland
  • Purchase $50 gift card between February 28, 2020 and March 5, 2020.
  • Redeem ShopRite coupon between March 6, 2020 and March 12, 2020.
ShopRite Stores Outside Of Maryland
  • Purchase $50 gift card between March 1, 2020 and March 7, 2020.
  • Redeem ShopRite coupon between March 8, 2020 and March 14, 2020.
Warehouses
BJ’s: Buy 3x $10 IHOP Gift Card Multipack For $23.99
Limit 3, Expires 3/11/20 Link

Credit Card Offers
Fleming’s Amex Offer: Spend $100 & Get $25 Back Or 2,500 Membership Rewards (Sell As Outback Steakhouse), so two versions:
  • Spend $100 & get $25 back, or
  • Spend $100 & get 2,500 Membership Rewards
  • Both expires 4/11/20 Link
Shell: Check your Amex Offers for Shell, $10/1,000 Points With $30 Gas Purchase When Using The App. Expires 5/13/20 Link

Spotify Chase Cards: Free 6 Months Of Spotify Premium & 5% Back; 10% In Groupon Bucks On All Purchases. Link
  • New Spotify Premium Users: 6 months free then 5% statement credit for 6 months (enroll by 5/31/20),
  • Existing Spotify Premium Users: 5% monthly statement credit for 6 months (enroll by 5/31/20).
  • Groupon: Opt in to get 10% Back in Groupon Bucks every month for 12 months when you use your Chase card, up to $50 back per month. Must enroll by 2/28/21.
  • Free One Year of Shoprunner.

Traveling with Points
United Airlines Mile Play Promotion: Bonus Miles For Completing Certain Requirements before May 10, 2020. Everybody receives a different offer based on their flying history.
  • Register by May 10, 2020
  • Trip must be completed by May 10, 2020 Link

MISC...
Bitmo:
Save 10% On AMC Theatres Gift Cards With Promo Code BUSTAMOVE
Limit & Expiry date unknown Link

Cheesecake Factory: Free Delivery + Free Cheesecake With $15 Lunch Order Via DoorDash (LUNCHSLICE)
Petco: $10 Off $30 In-Store Coupon. Expires: 2/29/20 Link

Raise: 1st Time Users Save 10% Sitewide With Promo Code FIRST (Max Savings $20)
  • Expiry date unknown.
  • Maximum savings is $20.
  • Not valid on cash back gift cards (presumably).
  • Limit 1 per household (presumably). Link

Update: Kroger Universal Gift Card

So having gone back and forth with Kroger via email, they have closed/resolved my case with this:

"We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but since you are interested in Universal Orlando Resort gift cards specifically, we would suggest ordering from their official website: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/gift-cards/purchase.html for this time. "

If they're not interested in selling UOR gc's online and/or in other states, why not just say that. Same goes with intent of looking into it further, are they? Lame!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter