**UPDATED 2005 INFO** Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party Central 2005 ***

We went to MNSSHP on the 16th and it was the best time ever at the MK. The longest we waited for any ride was 5 min and got tons of candy. We did avoid Fantasyland which seemed to be were everyone was. Both DS 11 & 6 indicated they had the best time ever. We dressed up in costumes which I haven't for 30 years and it was great fun. I've read a few negative post about the 16th but we had a great time. No lines, great fireworks and lots of fun.

I would go every year if the budget permits.

Highly recommed!!!

That was me. Not too proud to make a fool out of myself at WDW. Thank goodness the security screeners didn't make me open my suitcase at the airport, or I would have had some 'splainin to do.

Mulan'sMom said:
That was me. Not too proud to make a fool out of myself at WDW. Thank goodness the security screeners didn't make me open my suitcase at the airport, or I would have had some 'splainin to do.

I saw you outside of It's A Small World. It looked GREAT!!!!

We were a family of 3 Doctor's.

zalansky said:
I don't know if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if there will be any traick or treating at the Boardwalk on Sunday 10-30-05 at all???
Thanks

I don't know about boardwalk. :confused3 But I know there is trick or treating at DTD. I read both 30 & 31st. :Pinkbounc We will be staying at BWV ourselves 29-3 and I think they are doing somethings but not sure what. I probly will just call BW direct. :wave:

uraken said:
hi ppl

________

got
teleortation magic :teleport:
berid in gold magic :hourglass
storm magic :umbrella:
and pirates magic pirate:

need
invisabilaty magic :eek:
infro :dancer: '
fierworks :flower1:
and fling carpit :jumping2:

Did I miss something?
:confused3

Thanks Rachelle,
I too found that info on DTD and think I have convinced DH to go, though he is leary of taking our new daughter due to possible germs, etc. I told him it is mostly outside and she will be 7 weeks by this weekend. We can't keep her inside forever!

I think I will call BW direct too. Friends of ours are staying there.
Thanks...

HI all!
Does anyone have pictures of this year's party??? DH & I are leaving on Sunday to go to WDW & Monday's party! We hope to see some pictures to get us in the mood!!! :rolleyes1 Okay so we're already in the mood.. we just want to get out disney fix. Can anyone help two disney junkies? :earseek:

We just got back from WDW yesterday. We went to the MNSSHP on Thursday, October 20th, and had a fantastic time. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

My group included my DH and my two little DS's. And we also had my MIL, SIL, BIL, and nieces and nephew. We started the night with our 4pm seating at Liberty Tree Tavern. We got super pics of all the kids with the characters. It was a fun meal, and the children were happy.

We headed out after that while people were exiting the park, and had a perfect view of the new Cinderella show. I'm glad we were able to see it because it was really nice.

Then we headed to the Baby Center to change into our costumes. I had two little Peter Pans.

We got our goody bags, and passed a sign for a family photo. There was no wait so we went right in. This was good because we took the costumes off the kids before the night was through.

Then we went on the rides. My niece and nephew went trick or treating, but since my children were so little (2.5 and 15mths) they were loving the rides. We walked on Buzz Lightyear, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and the Tea Cups.

My kids fell asleep early, so my husband and I were able to walk right onto Splash Mountain, there was absolutely no wait. Also we hopped on Thunder Mountain Railroad twice in a row with no wait, and Space Mountain.

The parade would have been easy to see, it wasn't that crowded where we were, but my children didn't like the loud noises. We also rode on things during the fireworks, the noise scares the babies.

We left about 11:00 pm.

We all had such a wonderful time, and we had nice weather that night. I had very light and simple costumes for my children for the heat. I still changed them half way through so to be in shorts.

There were crowds there, but I notice that everyone heads for the same places all at once.

I have read the 10 plus pages that were posted while we were at WDW. We were selected to be in the parade on 10/16 and would love to get some photos of us. We were in the second to last car and we were dressed as characters from Hercules. We had so much fun that we ended up attending the party on 10/20 too. We didn't think that the crowds were too bad. Lots of people walking around, but the ride lines weren't too bad at all. Being in the parade was a once in a lifetime experience and one that we will never forget. For any of you that saw us, Do you have any pictures?

Deb

My family and I went to our first MNSSHP on 10/21 dressed as 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf. We had a blast. We were chosen to be in the first parade (along with several other families) and rode on top, in front of the double decker bus. It was an experience my family will never forget!

The fireworks were the best I have ever seen. After being in the parade, Disney reserved a place for us at the end of it right next to the firehouse. During the parade, Disney cast members hand out candy and when they got to the end, they would literally dump what ever they had left into our bags!! We filled the orange bags they gave us three times.

If anyone has a picture from the parade of us that they could email me, I would be greatful.

Boo to You!!

TCincy said:
My family and I went to our first MNSSHP on 10/21 dressed as 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf. We had a blast. We were chosen to be in the first parade (along with several other families) and rode on top, in front of the double decker bus. It was an experience my family will never forget!

The fireworks were the best I have ever seen. After being in the parade, Disney reserved a place for us at the end of it right next to the firehouse. During the parade, Disney cast members hand out candy and when they got to the end, they would literally dump what ever they had left into our bags!! We filled the orange bags they gave us three times.

If anyone has a picture from the parade of us that they could email me, I would be greatful.

Boo to You!!

This is so amazing how many of us were chosen to be in the parades! We had to front top seat of the double decker bus too, a view I will NEVER forget! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has pics of us from 10/20 at 10pm I would love them too! We need to start a separate thread looking for parade pics I think.

I also noticed that many of the Disers were picked to be in the parade, so I will will make it a point to take pictures of everything in the parade in hopes that I have gotten someone that may need/want a picture of themselves

Just an FYI - you can order your holiday cards from PhotoPass. Right now there's a 25% discount if you spend over $125. I ordered some of us in our Halloween costumes which came out pretty good. :goodvibes

TCincy said:

Boo to You!!

How do you get chosen to be in the parade? Also, should we bring extra bags for candy? What did you do when you say your bags were filled 3 times? We're going on 10/31! Thanks! :)

YourMajesty said:
My DS (5) is still bothered by the loud noises that come with so many Disney shows/parades/fireworks/rides etc. We just returned 10-22 and I needed to share this tip that we picked up from the DIS boards. The first night we arrived we went to Magic Kingdom to watch wishes and spectro. He was not a happy camper because of the noise level. Sunday we headed to Walmart to buy some noise reducing head phones (form the hunting section). We had looked on Saturday at Super Target but they did not carry them. We bought a black pair for around 12.96. They also had a big red bulkly looking pair for less but the nice black ones we bought didn't stand out so much. Anyway....dear son did so much better with them. They not only provided a reduction in noise but also helped reduced the fright factor in his mind. They are not a cure all but what a trip saving tip for our group. Even our DS (8) wanted to wear them a couple of times! Give them a try!! :wave2:

That is a great idea! I will be looking into that, I think my DD (2 3/4) would be way more likely to wear those, then let me put earplugs in. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Is it true that they will let you into MK at 4pm if you have tickets for MNSSHP but no tickets for the parks that day?

And, do they let you stay in or do you have to leave when the park closes and then come back in?

stampinshauna said:
Is it true that they will let you into MK at 4pm if you have tickets for MNSSHP but no tickets for the parks that day?

And, do they let you stay in or do you have to leave when the park closes and then come back in?

Yes, they've unofficially been letting party goers in after 4:00p with just the party ticket for the past few years. It's unoffical though so some CMs don't know about it when asked but they do let you in at 4:00p.

If you are in the park when it closes and are attending the party, then you will not have to leave. They will ask you to hang out in Adventureland till 7:00p.

TCincy said:

Boo to You!!

Hey, TCincy - We were right behind you - Kim Possible, the Purple Feather face mask and the Flamingo. I'll look through my pictures and let you know if I have any of your group. Should have guessed that other DISers would be aboard the bus - who else is obsessed enough to get all gussied up for the party?

We were taking a photo of our family by the billboard of the 3 hitch hiking ghosts in front of Haunted Mansion around 6:30pm. Disney exec stopped us and asked us.

I know that they will let you in with your party ticket at 4 but how do they know who belongs there and who doesn't? Do you get a wristband? I was just wondering how they know if those people waiting in Adventureland while the park is being cleared out are supposed to be there.
Also, do you call the regular 407-DISNEY number to order your MNSSHP tickets? It looks like they have started selling them around May in the past, is that right? I would like to make ADR for Liberty Square when I order my tickets and I was told by a CM that they don't do that until 90 days ahead but I see here that many people seem to have made reservations before that.
Sorry for so many questions but TIA :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter