**UPDATED 2005 INFO** Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party Central 2005 ***

okay we LOVED LOVED LOVED MNSSHP -

Now I can't get that "Boo to you and you and you" out of my head. Does anyone know where I can find it. Would love to play it for Halloween!!!

MNSSHP was awesome when we went the beginning of Oct on a Friday night. We went on an impulse after I ran to the park to pick up our Annual Passes on a Friday afternoon off from work. The crowd was not bad at all - no wait for PETER PAN, which is a miracle. We walked on every ride, and only had to wait for Philharmagic because we got there mid show.

If you are Trick or Treating - Make sure you don't miss the walk from Toontown to Space Mountain (in that direction) - they had many candy stops along the way all manned by Alice in Wonderland characters!

We watched Hallowishes from the maingate- we were trying to leave before they started, (since we were going again and the dogs had been in the house for 7 hours) but the had closed the monorail at 9am - 15 min before it started. Even from tht vantage point blocked at times by a couple trees they were AWESOME!

I am hoping the weather is a bit cooler on the 28th - just so it feels more fall like -

The weather here this time of year is awesome (well - not so much tonight - it just started POURING - the beginning storms of Wilma)

We were at MNSSHP in the beginning of October as well. This was our first time at this event...I am so glad we did it...what a great time we had!!

Kristine

mnsshp.jpg

About the Toontown to Space MT walk, do you mean the fenced path between the Speedway and the train or the main walkway between the restaurant the and Speedway?

I have always enjoyed that path in the evening!

We have tickets but are not going. Who wants to carry around kids in the rain and wind from the outer bands of a hurricane? NOT ME. I am wondering how the weather is holding up. We got as far a Jacksonville and decided to cancel. The weather was getting worse the closer we got. I called and they said that they did NOT cancel the party. I can't imagine that they were able to do the parades or the fireworks in the rain. But maybe they did.............I would love to hear from you.......

I went on thurs the 20th and fri the 21 st got on everything no waits went 2 times on rides had about 10 lbs of candy gave it away to the housekeeping at the Pop and at the RPR ,gave 3 full bags to the valet guys at RPR today when we left. I thought fri was more crowed of course ,it is fri but not bad. I saw a little bit of waits sometime on fri but no big deal. did 2 nd parade both nights loved it and fireworks were very good hot and humid all day and night. did HHN sat ay universal had the express pass went through haunted houses 2-3 times very very crowded but we did real good with the express pass
maria

Just got back today. Friday October 21st was very hot and humid. But we still have a blast. The fireworks were GREAT! A little bit crowded later in the evening but still within reason. We have more candy than we know what to do with. We watched the late Parade and sat right at the Bridge and got to see the headless horseman as he stopped there to wait for his ride to start. VERY COOL!

I would also love to hear about the weather at MNSSHP on Sunday, Oct23. The weather sites indicated that it was pouring around 10pm. We cancelled our whole trip (Oct20-26) due to Wilma - moved it to mid-December (got tics for MVMCP on Dec11). Just wondering if we made the right decision. MNSSHP is DD7 favorite, and our main reason for our 3 prior October trips. As of late Wednesday, when we cancelled, it sure looked like the weekend would be a wash (literally!). If it really rained hard during the party this evening, I'll know we made the right decision (but I hope the folks there enjoyed it anyhoo).

Baloo said:
fortunesmile.gif
TIPS
fortunesmile.gif

In 2005 my family will be enjoying our 10th MNSSHP.On my various times I've traveled with a toddler,a Senior citizen in an EVC,a large group,just me and my son, Erich,to now with my DH,Joe,and my DSS,Jonathan.So I've learned a few things along the way that I'd like to share with my fellow DISers.​

****Baloo's Top Ten Tips****

1.Except for HALLOWEEN NIGHT do not worry about crowds at MNSSHP. There are a limited amount of tickets sold for this event. Disney is very closed mouth about the actual attendance but the rides are very doable. Fantasyland gets a little crowded earlier in the evening but thins out as the night goes on and little ones wear out! I've never waited more than 10 mins in a ride line at on a party night.The Mts are practically WALK ONS! We've ridden Splash Mt. 3 times in a row without leaving our log!

2.The second parade is less crowded.

3.The best trick or treating is in Toontown! In 2004 there was an area called Alice and the Mad Hatter's Treat Party. Our bags were LOADED after strolling down this path!

4.Catch some of the bands that perform throughout the MK lands during the night.And don't be shy to get up and shake,shake,shake your bones like a skinny old skeleton or howl like a werewolf!!

5.Try and see "the special guest" that takes over Tinkers Bell's flight before the fireworks begins.The BEST viewing area is on the bridge to Tomorrowland.

6. In Liberty Square in front of the Liberty Bell about 10 min.s before the parade begins "Mr. Knickerbocker" tells the story of the Headless Horseman.When he finishes his tale, the Headless Horseman begins his gallop through the MK. When the Horseman has ridden the entire parade route, the parade begins!

7. Don't feel silly if you're a grown up and want to dress up! Wearing a costume, is part of the Halloween fun!

8. Make sure your costumes are COMFORTABLE and EASY to get around in. You'll be getting on and off rides and do not want anything that is cumbersome.

9.Take time to really LOOK at all the wonderful Halloween decorations throughout the MK especially while strolling down Main Street.You never know where you might see a giant spider crawling atop of a building.Corn stalks and jack o' lanterns and over sized treat bags set the autumn mood.

10.My biggest tip is the day of the party have a light schedule, take a nap or have some "down time" the afternoon of the party! I can't stress this enough ,especially if you have little ones or Seniors traveling with you! Erich (Jon wasn't able to go) was 11 last year and we still did this.Even if he didn't actually sleep he watched t.v. and rested...Joe and I slept! LOL! You want to be able to stay as late as possible because the later it gets the more the crowd thins out.It seems a lot of people start exiting after the fireworks which is shortly after the first parade.

Have a SPOOKTACULAR good time at MNSSHP 2005!!!
ufo.gif

Now how LONG is it until Oct.?!?!?!?
pumpking.gif
Awsome I can't go :badpc: :earseek:

bkh4124 said:
Joy, hopefully all will be fine! Is she normally afraid of fireworks? Ours are 3 and 6, and even the 6-year-old was inside the store in Toontown with her fingers in her ears, sometimes in tears, begging to go home. 3yo was terrified walking by the castle with the spooky music playing - she wanted to get away from there as fast as we could walk. I guess they will eventually outgrow this...**sigh**

My DS (5) is still bothered by the loud noises that come with so many Disney shows/parades/fireworks/rides etc. We just returned 10-22 and I needed to share this tip that we picked up from the DIS boards. The first night we arrived we went to Magic Kingdom to watch wishes and spectro. He was not a happy camper because of the noise level. Sunday we headed to Walmart to buy some noise reducing head phones (form the hunting section). We had looked on Saturday at Super Target but they did not carry them. We bought a black pair for around 12.96. They also had a big red bulkly looking pair for less but the nice black ones we bought didn't stand out so much. Anyway....dear son did so much better with them. They not only provided a reduction in noise but also helped reduced the fright factor in his mind. They are not a cure all but what a trip saving tip for our group. Even our DS (8) wanted to wear them a couple of times! Give them a try!! :wave2:

snowsdad said:
I would also love to hear about the weather at MNSSHP on Sunday, Oct23. The weather sites indicated that it was pouring around 10pm. We cancelled our whole trip (Oct20-26) due to Wilma - moved it to mid-December (got tics for MVMCP on Dec11). Just wondering if we made the right decision. MNSSHP is DD7 favorite, and our main reason for our 3 prior October trips. As of late Wednesday, when we cancelled, it sure looked like the weekend would be a wash (literally!). If it really rained hard during the party this evening, I'll know we made the right decision (but I hope the folks there enjoyed it anyhoo).

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I believe that earlier this evening there were tornado watches in the Disney Area - Osceola County. The weather map has been pretty ugly all over Central FL all evening. I live about 30 mi NE, of Disney and we have had hard rain off and on since about 7pm. I think you made the right call since the parks are closed tomorrow - at least until the storm has passed. December will be awesome too!

I want to thank everyone for their nice thoughts to me because we couldn't go to MNSSHP.It meant alot! Thanks! :goodvibes

I hope eveyone that's attended or is on their way there has a wonderful time! And be careful of Wilma!

KristineN..love the picture!

EVERYONE.. LET'S SHARE SOME MORE PICTURES...PLEASE! :flower:

YourMajesty said:
My DS (5) is still bothered by the loud noises that come with so many Disney shows/parades/fireworks/rides etc. We just returned 10-22 and I needed to share this tip that we picked up from the DIS boards.

My DD11 is still afraid of loud Bangs fireworks thunderstorms are the worst .Never thought of the earplugs I have some of the smushie type we use at motocycle races and so forth .I'll try them this weekend
Thanks

I was at MNSSHP last night and it was a joke. After being assured by Disney when I called that everything was going on, nothing was by a little after 8. No parades, fireworks etc. Most of the trick or treat places closed and very few characters left.

I don't expect this stuff to be going on outside in the rain, but it didn't seem as if they had provisions for it.

If it was the usual weather pattern causing rain, ok, but there was plenty of advance notice for this.

What makes me the most upset is that before I left home, I was told it wouldn't be a problem and it was. At least if they had told me the amount of things that would be closed before I left I could have saved over $30 in gas, tolls and that $9 parking fee.

Suzanne74 said:
okay we LOVED LOVED LOVED MNSSHP -

Now I can't get that "Boo to you and you and you" out of my head. Does anyone know where I can find it. Would love to play it for Halloween!!!

Yea, me too!!! My kids love that parade song! Anyone know where or if you can get the soundtrack?

I don't know if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if there will be any traick or treating at the Boardwalk on Sunday 10-30-05 at all???
Thanks

hi ppl

________

got
teleortation magic :teleport:
berid in gold magic :hourglass
storm magic :umbrella:
and pirates magic pirate:

need
invisabilaty magic :eek:
infro :dancer: '
fierworks :flower1:
and fling carpit :jumping2:

We went on the 21st - it poured rain while we were inside the Liberty Tree Tavern, but stopped fairly quickly. Not too crowded, except around the castle during Cinderellabration and the fireworks. We were even picked to be in the parade!! My 5 year-old was sure it was because of her Kim Possible costume, but I think my flamingo costume sealed the deal.

Mulan'sMom said:
We went on the 21st - it poured rain while we were inside the Liberty Tree Tavern, but stopped fairly quickly. Not too crowded, except around the castle during Cinderellabration and the fireworks. We were even picked to be in the parade!! My 5 year-old was sure it was because of her Kim Possible costume, but I think my flamingo costume sealed the deal.

did you have a big Pink Flamingo on your head?

I saw someone with one on their head and was wondering if it was you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter