UPDATE on page 8 Taking dh to urgent care tomorrow

Update

Woke up this morning symptom free except he has a rash all over his body so we are not going to urgent care but getting a byndryl cream for the rash

Update

Woke up this morning symptom free except he has a rash all over his body so we are not going to urgent care but getting a byndryl cream for the rash

Good to hear that DH is feeling better and that things seem to have resolved themselves. Perhaps it was/is a reaction to the antibiotic that was prescribed for the UTI... Or a post viral rash.

Not to be an alarmist but should his symptoms return, have him tested for covid19, as the symptoms you have described are cumulatively leaning in that direction.
Just to be sure. Better safe...

Last edited:
I would still go and get a covid test, as rashes can be a symptom . https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/05/health/covid-skin-symptoms-wellness/index.html

Better safe than sorry.
You need to go get a free drive thru covid test...please do it. At least it will rule it out.... My ds had to get one a few weeks back, then he did a telemed appt. that same day. Doc diagnosed a bacterial infection due to a dog bite, but said the covid test first was the responsible thing to do while waiting for the video appt. it took two weeks on antibiotics for him to feel like himself again. They're free. please get him tested.

Well, who would have ever thought low-key would be the voice of reason on this thread? LOL!!!! (note to self-take all future medical advice from low-key :rotfl2:)

Seriously though, I am glad he is feeling better, that must have been scary. I would still call to check in with his pcp. They may want to see him to do some more urine testing and bloodwork and possibly a covid test just for peace of mind if nothing else. Also, the rash could be a reaction to the meds which needs to be documented in his file. Please call them to see if any further action is needed.

Glad your husband is feeling better. You definitely should call his doctor to determine if the rash is a reaction to the meds. The first time I took a sulfa drug, I broke out in hives. The doctor told me it was a reaction to the sulfa and that I should never take a sulfa drug again as it could be very dangerous. I wear a medical bracelet warning medical people that I cannot take sulfa.

Update

I would have him call his doctor and talk to someone. The blood in his urine is not something to mess with. And a rash is a symptom his body is fighting something. It could be nothing but it could still be something serious or as others have said it could be COVID.

Less than 24 hours ago, he had blood in his urine and today he just needs Benadryl cream?

He needs to see a doctor. There are plenty of options for those without insurance-cash discounts, health clinics for uninsured or underinsured, medical schools, Medicaid, and so on.

Last edited:
The op said she was looking for ideas, not dx. We gave several urgent suggestions with personal experiences. Said DH woke up symptom free, but now has a new symptom

Op, good luck to you✌

you ladies must be married to a different breed, this guy is like me, you dont take to doctor unless Im on the ground, and then we wait it out and see if it goes away, and if can, save some money . Hope its simple and cheap

Good words to have carved on the tombstone. That and I have a right to be in this lane.

Well, who would have ever thought low-key would be the voice of reason on this thread? LOL!!!! (note to self-take all future medical advice from low-key :rotfl2:)

Seriously though, I am glad he is feeling better, that must have been scary. I would still call to check in with his pcp. They may want to see him to do some more urine testing and bloodwork and possibly a covid test just for peace of mind if nothing else. Also, the rash could be a reaction to the meds which needs to be documented in his file. Please call them to see if any further action is needed.

LOL I take all my medical advice from random people on the internet with a keyboard :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm sorry OP but blood in his urine doesn't just stop it may be masked but he needs to be seen. Or at least make sure his life insurance is paid up. :confused3:confused3

I would have him call his doctor and talk to someone. The blood in his urine is not something to mess with. And a rash is a symptom his body is fighting something. It could be nothing but it could still be something serious or as others have said it could be COVID.

He could also be having an allergic reaction to the medication. OP Get him to his primary care Doctor or at least call them, It's not normal to have a full body rash

I don't have a problem with OP not taking the advice offered. Nobody knows her DH as well as she does, and none of us here care as much about him as she does.

She asks for advice, considers it -- and then does what she thinks is best for him. I see no problem with that.

you ladies must be married to a different breed, this guy is like me, you dont take to doctor unless Im on the ground, and then we wait it out and see if it goes away, and if can, save some money . Hope its simple and cheap
That sounds like my dad. He had a mild heart attack shoveling snow when we lived up north, and didn’t stop shoveling until he was done, and then didn’t say a word to any of us about it for about a week. When mom found out, she forced him to the doctor, who could see the damage. He never had another one, that we know of anyway, but we never forgot that incident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter