Update 21 January 2021: 14 Day Quarantine Required On Arrival To USA & Other Public Health News for Travelers to CA

thankyou @theluckyrabbit for the local updates. I watched the CA press conference the other day and was trying to figure it all out
Right now, if nothing improves significantly by later today (unlikely), the new order will begin at 12:59 pm PT -- which means that the Southern CA region (which includes L.A. and Orange Counties) will have 24-48 hours (the governor said 48 hours in his briefing, but the actual order says 24 hours) from that time to implement the restrictions (and there are many exceptions). We'll see what happens...

@BadPinkTink
California now has a standing Stay at Home order in place for when our ICU beds are at critical capacity. Item 3 on the order mentions hotels and lodging shall not accept or honor reservations from out of state travelers for non-essential travel who's stay is shorter than the minimum amount of days required for quarantine. There's a caveat about "except as otherwise required by law", but I don't know what that means.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0iX3eIeg1Jsl5owyUmvtOq[/URL]

@BadPinkTink
California now has a standing Stay at Home order in place for when our ICU beds are at critical capacity. Item 3 on the order mentions hotels and lodging shall not accept or honor reservations from out of state travelers for non-essential travel who's stay is shorter than the minimum amount of days required for quarantine. There's a caveat about "except as otherwise required by law", but I don't know what that means.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0iX3eIeg1Jsl5owyUmvtOq[/URL]

thanks, I'm keeping a very close watch on everything. Currently my flights are scheduled at the start of February , and I can change them at any time without any fees.

From Gothic Rosie regarding hotels accepting reservations for non-essential travel under the new SAH order:

From the above post:

TRAVEL TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
I wanted to make those of you who wish to make random hotel arrangements for a visit to anywhere (mostly to Disneyland) in Southern California aware of the new limitations. SoCal is currently under the Regional Stay at Home Order which means if you plan on coming here you'll have to include a 14-day quarantine period for the time BEFORE your planned visit. This limitation is valid through 12.28.20. We cannot move out of this restriction without a 4-week projected 15% or higher ICU bed capacity number at the end of our 3-weeks. I have posted the section on this verbatim from the SAH order. Link to document if you prefer: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Regional-Stay-at-Home-Order-.aspx

For those from Canada and Mexico planning to travel to L.A. next month, the borders will stay closed for non-essential travel through 1/21/21:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-borders-canada-mexico-stay-172938459.html

Here's an interesting tidbit: We drove down to Rocky Point in October, through the border crossing at Lukeville, AZ. We had no issues in either direction (and we had called both the border crossing and our resort, both of which said the border was open). Nobody asked if our travel was essential (we were going on vacation, so obviously not). The article implies that the border has been closed since March, with monthly extensions. Our experience indicates that, if true, the border is unaware of this.

Here's an interesting tidbit: We drove down to Rocky Point in October, through the border crossing at Lukeville, AZ. We had no issues in either direction (and we had called both the border crossing and our resort, both of which said the border was open). Nobody asked if our travel was essential (we were going on vacation, so obviously not). The article implies that the border has been closed since March, with monthly extensions. Our experience indicates that, if true, the border is unaware of this.
I have heard the same. I haven't been to Mexico but have friends that have and they crossed via Lukeville with no problems. I think this was in July.

Check on your hotel reservations. Hotels are supposed to cancel reservations for persons coming from out of state, and are not to accept new reservations from people out of state.

The closure is very strict between Canada and the US, but not on the US-Mexico border. Border Patrol has been, at times, “throttling” entry back into the US to discourage non-essential travel. But it’s not a hard “no entry without proof of essential business” like it is in the north.

@BadPinkTink Do you live in the UK? They are requiring tests for travelers from UK to have a negative PCR or antigen test to enter the US. I'm not sure if it will be enforced like the quarantine measures?
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/...ent Trump is taking,U.K. to the United States

No I don't live in The UK, I'm in Ireland. At Dublin airport we have a testing centre, so I will be getting a test anyway, whether it is required for my country or not :) The UK is leaving The EU on December 31, so the rules for UK people will be different in many things than for Irish people :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter