(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

So exciting that another trip is in the works!! It's nice to always have one on the horizon!!! I can't even imagine 4 parks in one day...but I'm a lightweight lol. Looking forward to hearing about it vicariously though!

I suuuuuuck! I'm sorry!! Between getting back from vacation, crazy work catch up & then Char's surgery.. I'm just swamped! And unable to contribute to much of anything! Not to mention dropping my phone in the toilet the night before the surgery and killing it. That was a winner move! And yes, for all those who are wondering.. it was a CLEAN toilet. Phone was in back pocket...

Thank goodness I have the world's best tweedle picking up the TR slack & keeping some readership!

For those wondering & not FB friends with me- Char is doing good. She's a brave little soul and she did great. I am trading days with hubby for the rest of this week during recovery.. so am working today & tomorrow... and then back off Friday to take care of her. She should be back at school Monday.

Hmmm.. now my memories. For breakfast..I think we did go down and grab food. I remember getting the kids breakfast meal and thinking it was a lot of food for the buck. Which is always an amazing occurrence with Disney.

I remember how cold it was. I remember waiting forever in park opening line.

I remember us passing the Mickey/Minnie photo op and a cast member trying to get us to go in . We opted not to thinking it would of negatively impacted our EE riding. Ironically, we should have.. but oh well........

I remember trying to find sunshine in the que for EE to get warm. And I remember the disappointment of leaving the line. Whaaaaaa... :sad:

And since that's where we left off, that's all I have to say about that. Much like Forrest Gump.

What a total bummer of a rope drop! And I can't believe it was so cold there! What the heck, Florida weather?

Hey--did you make your tweedle ears? I'm thinking about making some for our girls that are cruise themed. Yours look so good, I'm hoping for some tips!

The ears were awesome & I swear we got so many (many) comments on them. Especially cast members who loved them!

You made me laugh without trying! Here's why:

We got a LOT of comments on our ears during the trip, so much so that we were often stopped with people asking if I made the ears. At first I would try to explain I purchased them off Etsy, but sometimes when you say Etsy, it's hard to understand and I found this lead to confusion...so I just started lying! :laughing: People would say "Did you make those?" and I would just say "YES!" and it was so much quicker than explaining. (Time is precious at WDW, right?) :confused3

Then occasionally I would feel GUILT for lying and revert to trying to explain that I purchased them! Geez I complicate everything! :rotfl:

So, my longwinded answer to you is, No, I did not make them. I purchased them off Etsy. There are a few sellers making really remarkable ears on Etsy! I'm planning on purchasing more for my next trip. I love the sturdiness of Disney's ears, but they don't have a lot of variety and unique ears seem to be more fun! :thumbsup2

This made me giggle too.. because even after she decided to just say 'yes, she made them' she never did. And I'd hear her say "No I got them off Etsy"..and start launching into her story... so I started answering for her with a "YES, thank you" and moved on! :)

OH and I forgot to announce (since I'm sure you didn't notice my MASSIVE ANNOYING SIGNATURE!) :laughing: that we are planning another Mother/Daughter extravaganza trip next April 2016!! :lovestruc

We are going to Orlando for Playlist Live again at the end of April 2016 and decided to tighten the belts this year so we can do 3 nights at our happy place! Naturally Savannah has requested we stay at HOME (ie, Pop Century) and I'm so excited to go back to WDW with just my girl. We had such a fantastic trip in 2013, I can't believe it will be 3 years when we get back there next year!

I'll probably start yet another PTR once we're done with this TR maybe by the end of summer? :p I certainly can't handle a PTR at this point when I can barely get an update done on a trip that happened a month and a half ago! ;)

I also added my Wine & Dine Half Marathon 2016 ticker for The official Cupcake reunion! It seems so far but I know it will fly by and there will be many new Cupcake & Tweedle adventures soon enough!! party:

Woo hoo! I saw that note somewhere. (where? Instagram maybe) and was wondering if you were referring to Playlist or something else! It's gonna be awesome! And magical!

I knew there'd be another trip soon!!! There's no way you could go another year without a Disney trip! That is sooo awesome! :yay:

There's always another trip for the addict! :)

I hate that you can't do titles on the new boards. Titles are the funniest parts of posts sometimes.

Good call with the dramamine ... you don't want to be getting sick on your 4-parks-1-day awesomeness!

I think AK may be the one of best-themed parks ... there's really nothing there that isn't a part of the theme and the themes are so intricate.
That said ... I still don't like AK. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I love the matching tweedle outfits ... especially the (accidental) matching gloves!

I can't believe they didn't have EE open for rope drop. That's a bit of a rope drop fail on Disney's part ... I hope you did get to ride it eventually!

Oooh- well now we can't spoil our most awesome (and longest, drawn out) TR..can we? You will have to wait to see if we ride. Will it happen? Oooh, the suspense is killin' you now isn't it? Right up there with wondering if George Clooney will ever divorce and the propose to me. Which, I know in my heart, the answer is yes. Ha. ;)

4 parks in one day is something I've always wanted to do but just never have.

AK is tied for my favorite theme park, I thinks amazing with all the details it has.

I was watching all the tweets from the Frozen 5k on how it was really frozen. Can't believe EE was not running right away.

The theme Frozen really did fit the races this year! That is for sure!!! It was soooooooooo cold.

Sanaa looks delish...one day I will make it over to AKL & eat there...& Boma for breakfast too. I might just have to do that during Dopey since no one wants to do all the races with me in a few years :sad:

Cold weather procedures at EE?? I wonder what all that entails that is any different than a regular morning?? Weird.

I am putting this out there right now that I wont drink the night before a half...unlike some of our cupcake ladies (ahem, Tammie & Cammy) -- when I did PHM in 2014 I had a Lapu Lapu the night of the 5K (but I didn't do the 10k) & my next drink wasn't until after the half...a Grey Goose slush....& a beer from Germany...& I think I had a beer at Le Cellier that night at dinner, but really I don't drink much either.

Now, Karen is pinning all this drinking before a half on poor Cammy and I think fails to remember while we didn't drink THE NIGHT before the half.... something happened the DAY before the half!

I think I decided for 2016 since I feel like I"ll never be able to run again- I'll just drink the entire weekend while you all run. Ha!

So exciting that another trip is in the works!! It's nice to always have one on the horizon!!! I can't even imagine 4 parks in one day...but I'm a lightweight lol. Looking forward to hearing about it vicariously though!

Love having a trip on the horizon. It gets me through those work days! :)

We LOVE Sanaa! Of course we also love Indian food, and would agree generally Sanaa is a very toned down version of Indian food.

I am surprised that Samosas were spicy. We have Samosas all the time and love them, but I've never had spicy ones. (My golf partner is Indian, and his wife makes the most divine Samosas.)

I was suprised the Samosas were spicy as well. Karen got them too and I actually double checked with her because I am very sensitive to spice so something that seems crazy spicy to me is not to others..and she agreed. Neither of us could finish them. Maybe the reg. chef was off that night & the stand in chef when crazy with spices.

I dunno...........

Oooh- well now we can't spoil our most awesome (and longest, drawn out) TR..can we? You will have to wait to see if we ride. Will it happen? Oooh, the suspense is killin' you now isn't it? Right up there with wondering if George Clooney will ever divorce and the propose to me. Which, I know in my heart, the answer is yes. Ha. ;)

You basically just described exactly how I feel. Including the George Clooney thing.
The suspense really is killing me!

You basically just described exactly how I feel. Including the George Clooney thing.
The suspense really is killing me!

It should happen next week- if my predictions from Madame Leona are correct........the George Clooney thing..that is.
I'll invite you to my wedding. No worries. Thanks for believing in us! :)

This is one chaotic TR to read! Of course, it doesn't help that the new boards don't let you title your posts...

Bummer on EE. The year we had our APs, we had a mini-trip planned. One of the days, we were going to hit DHS for EMH @ 8AM to ride TSMM before heading to the water parks. This was our only chance to ride it on the trip. (And it was brand new at the time.) So we got there for EMH rope drop and BAM - it wasn't opened. We debated staying but we stuck it out and we were able to get on after only about 15 minutes, but there is not much more annoying than a rope drop ride closure!

This trip report seems to be becoming a group effort. Usually I skip comments in reports but they somehow are necessary here. Haha!

I LOVE Sanaa and am bummed you didn't love the experience too. I am really surprised that your service wasn't great. The only thing better at Sanaa than the food is the service.

It shouldn't be cold at Disney. Period.

What a total bummer that EE had a delayed start. I am not a rope dropper but if I was I imagine that is the kind of luck I would have. I hope the rest of the morning is productive (and warmer).

Whoa that is some cold weather for FL! I would complain about that too! I am in the camp that anything over 80 is hot period and anything under 35 is cold period. Sure is could be colder or hotter somewhere else, but its still miserable!:charac2:

45 min for "cold weather procedures"? That sounds a little crazy, I mean how much could really change their procedure?

More trips on the horizon, Hooray!:banana:

I was seriously bummed for that last month or so with no trip on the horizon! I plan to go back in November 2016 for Wine & Dine, but not with my daughter or any family, and that just felt wrong! I'm so excited we can fit in a 3 night trip next spring! :yay:

This is one chaotic TR to read! Of course, it doesn't help that the new boards don't let you title your posts...

Bummer on EE. The year we had our APs, we had a mini-trip planned. One of the days, we were going to hit DHS for EMH @ 8AM to ride TSMM before heading to the water parks. This was our only chance to ride it on the trip. (And it was brand new at the time.) So we got there for EMH rope drop and BAM - it wasn't opened. We debated staying but we stuck it out and we were able to get on after only about 15 minutes, but there is not much more annoying than a rope drop ride closure!

Chaotic TR is fitting for the Tweedles, makes it more authentic! ;)

I think I've just had a lot of good luck in the past, I've gotten stuck on rides, but I've never waited for one and then not gotten to ride! It's my favorite ride, so that made it worse, I think...and such wasted rope drop time!

This trip report seems to be becoming a group effort. Usually I skip comments in reports but they somehow are necessary here. Haha!

You can try to just read the blue and the red, if that helps...but Tweedledum keeps forgetting her red, so... :laughing: This really makes the TR FEEL like the trip, you are getting to experience all the craziness of the Tweedles this way! ;)

I LOVE Sanaa and am bummed you didn't love the experience too. I am really surprised that your service wasn't great. The only thing better at Sanaa than the food is the service.

I still love Sanaa, I think next time I'll just pay more attention and make sure I'm not ordering overly spicy stuff. I adored it the first time we went!

It shouldn't be cold at Disney. Period.

What a total bummer that EE had a delayed start. I am not a rope dropper but if I was I imagine that is the kind of luck I would have. I hope the rest of the morning is productive (and warmer).

The cold and EE was a bummer, but you know how it goes at Disney, it's short lived because there's always something more to do, see, and enjoy! We weren't sad Tweedles for long! :goodvibes

Whoa that is some cold weather for FL! I would complain about that too! I am in the camp that anything over 80 is hot period and anything under 35 is cold period. Sure is could be colder or hotter somewhere else, but its still miserable!:charac2:

45 min for "cold weather procedures"? That sounds a little crazy, I mean how much could really change their procedure?

More trips on the horizon, Hooray!:banana:

We were really perplexed about it as well. I mean, they KNEW it was cold, wouldn't they just start these procedures EARLIER if they knew it took longer, so that the ride was open when the park opened? There's more to come later, but I believe they were having technical problems with the ride and just used the cold as an excuse (but you'll have to wait a bit to find out how I know that!) :rolleyes1

I wasn't talking about you drinking before the PHM, (although I do have some pictures of you CHUGGING CHOCOLATE from a gravy boat) :laughing: I was talking about your first half, the Biggest Loser, where you and Cammy were boozin' it up the night before the race! :thumbsup2

Now, Karen is pinning all this drinking before a half on poor Cammy and I think fails to remember while we didn't drink THE NIGHT before the half.... something happened the DAY before the half!

I totally stand corrected on this account...and trust me I learned my lesson that I am too old for Mexican Food and 2 drinks the day before a half. And yes, it would have been 3 but I did pour 1 down the sink! When will I learn that I cannot hang with a 20something when I am 40something! :scared::scared::scared:

I am so glad that you had issues at EE, because that just meant that we could play follow along for the day! Although I was really wanting to ride EE with you girls!!! Next trip!

I love the ticker picture Karen! Makes me happy and sad at the same time! So excited for Nicole's Daughter trip and then yours & Savannah's next year!

Nicole...glad the cutie is doing well and recovering fast! :flower::flower::flower:

Last edited:
You can probably hang "with" a 20 something but not hang "like" a 20 something lol At least that's how it works for me :)

Yes, that Friday was super cold. I hate that you didn't get to ride EE. I didn't either but not because of "cold procedures." My mom didn't go with us to AK because she felt bad so I was by myself with my boys.

That's so exciting that you and Savannah are going back next year!

I can't wait til the cupcake reunion. I'm not bringing my kids for that one!

I totally stand corrected on this account...and trust me I learned my lesson that I am too old for Mexican Food and 2 drinks the day before a half. And yes, it would have been 3 but I did pour 1 down the sink! When will I learn that I cannot hang with a 20something when I am 40something! :scared::scared::scared:

I am so glad that you had issues at EE, because that just meant that we could play follow along for the day! Although I was really wanting to ride EE with you girls!!! Next trip!

I love the ticker picture Karen! Makes me happy and sad at the same time! So excited for Nicole's Daughter trip and then yours & Savannah's next year!

Nicole...glad the cutie is doing well and recovering fast! :flower::flower::flower:

Cammy is a force to be reckoned with! I don't think anyone can keep up with her! Them youngins. Hahahaha! (Love ya Cammy!).

Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful. And I will make the most as this will probably be the last trip to Disney we take till I show back up in November of 2016! Maybe I can use that break to catch up on my scrapbooking. Maybe. Ha!

You can probably hang "with" a 20 something but not hang "like" a 20 something lol At least that's how it works for me :)

Karen and I training now to go against the 20- something year old. We'll be ready. (Okay, we arn't at all... but we just like to talk big). We got nothing on her.

Yes, that Friday was super cold. I hate that you didn't get to ride EE. I didn't either but not because of "cold procedures." My mom didn't go with us to AK because she felt bad so I was by myself with my boys.

My almost 13 year old found out about the 2016 trip and informed me 'that she is coming, she doesn't care what I say!'

I told her good luck with that. It wasn't happening. :)

Cammy put us all to shame! :laughing:

I'm excited about some alone time with my girl at our Happy Place! It's going to be a long year waiting though!

Definitely cannot hang LIKE a 20 something. I had 3 drinks the other night and felt like THIS just hours later and the following morning: :crutches: I'm pretty bummed about it. I didn't drink when my kids were little (who has time for that?!?!?) and now that they are older, my body says no way. I have a wine tasting festival coming up in May in my little town and it's usually so much fun for my friends & I...but I'm dreading how ill it's going to make me. That just makes me sad. :sad2:

Me too! I'm so excited for it, I can't wait to run a night race! It's going to be challenging for me as I'm normally in bed by 9pm. :rolleyes: I've already figured out my costume! :rotfl:

Where were we? Ah yes, disappointment. We sadly left the line where we had been warming ourselves in the sun and headed in the direction of The Cupcakes and away from our beloved EE. If you are familiar with the area near Expedition Everest, this picture of where the line started will blow your mind. It was all the way out here!!!...

GSC%20107.jpg

I've never seen it like that.

As we rounded the corner and came upon the tea/coffee hut (I don't know what it's called! Sue me!) :rolleyes: we saw our Cupcakes!! Perfect timing for some warm coffee!

GSC%20115.jpg

Oh, looky there. It's called Joeffry's. I think. Or is that just the brand of coffee??

GSC%20118.jpg

It was about this time that I reminded my Tweedle the RULES we had set up to our 4-parks-one-day bonanza. We were required to ride at least 2 rides and have 1 snack in each park we visited. This was clearly a good time for a snack as well. :teacher: Tweedle conveniently forgot these rules, but I was positive we had said we had to eat at each park! :rolleyes1

so that's just what I did! It's the RULES!
GSC%20119.jpg

also convenient that the rules allowed me to be a piggy all day. :rolleyes:

I caught all sorts of pics of The Cupcakes not paying attention to the camera...except this one...she ALWAYS knew when the camera was pointed at her and was always ready to ham it up for me.
GSC%20116.jpg

HEY! OTHER CUPCAKES! PAY ATTENTION! I have the camera!

GSC%20117.jpg

Prompting helped! :thumbsup2

Now that we all had coffee (and I was stuffing my face with danish) we decided to head to the Safari for a ride! We stopped along the way for a photo op with our drinks...

GSC%20120.jpg

It's just funny to see us all bundled up with gloves at AK. This is usually the hottest park in warmer months, I don't think I've ever been so cold at Disney!

There was really no line at all for the safari, just the queue we had to walk through. I chugged what was left of my coffee and we were ready to get on!

GSC%20121.jpg

Ya know, I've never given much thought to how many people fit in these seats...until this morning. :rotfl:

Why is that funny, you ask? Well, you might have just had to be there, but 5 Cupcake butts in one row was just a bit much for these vehicles. :eek:

I was pretty excited when our ride pulled up and I realized we would be in the back row. I LOVE the back row!

GSC%20122.jpg

We all SQUEEZED into the row, barely! Naturally this called for a selfie!
GSC%20124_1.jpg

Uh yeah, this doesn't really even accurately show how squeezed into the seat we were! I only had half a butt on the actual seat, which was fine until we started bouncing around and I thought I might fall out of the vehicle and be eaten by lions! :laughing: I don't actually have irrational fears about being eaten by lions, I leave that kind of fearmongoring to my tweedle and the sharks. One more shot where I wasn't even able to fit all of us in the picture, we were so close!
GSC%20123.jpg

Debra & Kafi didn't even have room to sit, so they just hung out the back of the vehicle!

GSC%20126.jpg

:rotfl:

sidebar: As I was posting this, my husband walked up and asked if Debra was ME...and then when he realized it wasn't, he asked why she was doing MY HANDS. :laughing: I told him she was copying me and I'm a trendsetter. :rotfl2:

Off we went on our bumpy, squished safari! OMG, what fun. I don't remember ever laughing this much on safari! ;)

Oh, you want animal photos? Ok, fine then. Unfortunately, due to my precarious seating arrangement, I wasn't able to get the kinds of photos I normally get. You'll have to do for standard fare safari pics this trip from me!

GSC%20125.jpg

GSC%20127.jpg

GSC%20128.jpg

GSC%20129.jpg

I didn't feel like there were many animals out and about, I'm guessing because it was so cold! There weren't a ton of giraffe's, my favorite, but I did get a couple shots!

GSC%20130.jpg

GSC%20131.jpg

GSC%20132.jpg

at some point Amy let one of HER butt cheeks hang off the bench and I got to sit normal for the rest of the ride! Shew! That was better! The 3 Cupcakes in the middle never did understand our suffering! :p

GSC%20133.jpg

GSC%20134.jpg

sleepy kitty...
GSC%20135.jpg

GSC%20136.jpg

We finished up our safari, had a bathroom break, and headed BACK to EE! We were nearing our time to head to another park and had to get our 2nd ride in! The Cupcakes were kind enough to escort us in our mission. As we approached, we could see it running! WOOT!!!

GSC%20138.jpg

Ahhhh, my precious!

GSC%20141.jpg

Standby was doable, so we hopped in line! (our only choice anyway)

GSC%20140.jpg

GSC%20139.jpg

Will the Tweedles get to ride their favorite ride after all? :confused3 Stay tuned, the outcome may surprise you.

Looks like such a fun safari ride!! Also looked cold...but there is sort of an upside...you don't tend to get as sluggish and sweaty when it's cold...I know...not what you expect in Florida but..still may have helped with the crowds as well!

Looks like such a fun safari ride!! Also looked cold...but there is sort of an upside...you don't tend to get as sluggish and sweaty when it's cold...I know...not what you expect in Florida but..still may have helped with the crowds as well!

So true! It's been a while since I've actually been at WDW in the heat! The last few trips have been in Jan/Feb so we've never had that nasty hot weather that drags you down. On the upside as well, we were pretty warm and cozy all squished in the ride together! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter